Expert in Renewable Energy Development; Advisement
Expert ID: 735678 California, USA
She is commercially strategic and technically adept at assessing new technologies and opportunities, advising clients in how to maximize potential and minimize risks to the physical and economic environment in which the new generation is applied.
Expert is an innovative, proven leader within the industry, providing strategic direction with best-practice results in engineering, procurement, and construction.
From conception to completion, she has overseen projects for public and private power owners. A project developer of power generation projects with capital investment from $10 million to $300 million, she has managed projects totaling more than 600 MW, ranging from 10 to 300 MW with both greenfield and brownfield starting points.
Building upon her robust experience in power generation, Expert has a passion for opportunities in renewable energy and the development of microgrids for the provision of reliable, balance power supplies that create long term revenue streams and the innovations that are being developed to improve these applications.
|Year: 2014||Degree: Graduate Certificate||Subject: Project Management||Institution: Stanford University Extension|
|Year: 2014||Degree: Graduate Certificate||Subject: Energy Innovations and Emerging Technologies||Institution: Stanford University Extension|
|Year: 1989||Degree: BS||Subject: Mechanical Engineering||Institution: San Diego State University|
|Years: 2018 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Founder/Director||Department:|
Responsibilities:Start-up Consulting Firm to serve the Shifting tide in the Energy Market
• Cleantech San Diego – Technical Adviser Board for intake of innovation companies
• Keller Williams Government Services Energy Director for maximizing Cities and Community power reliability and revenue with renewable energy sources.
• Geothermal Expert Consultant- Black and Veatch Knowledge Network
• Developer of power generation options in Microgrids, DER, with various technologies
• Financial advising for Investors looking to invest in the energy market
|Years: 2015 to 2017||Employer: B&W SPIG/SPIG USA, San Diego, California||Title: Operations Director||Department: Operations|
Responsibilities:Revenues of $411.0 million operates globally supplying turnkey cooling systems, sold to Babcock and Wilcock, June 2016.
Project managed two projects ($30 million), managed staff, and brought on additional staff to complete technical document control and quality ISO 9001 certification.
Directed all projects in the execution of ACC and Cooling Tower work in USA ($20 million/year).
|Years: 2015 to 2015||Employer: CAMPOS EPC, PIPELINE SAFETY ENHANCEMENT PROJECT(SDG&E), San Diego, California||Title: Project Manager||Department: Project Management|
Responsibilities:EPC gas pipeline company, $18 million revenue
Completed worked on one section of pipeline that was released for construction and built, including permits, land easements, and completing design work, construction Scope of Work, community communications, achieving improved budget and schedule.
|Years: 2012 to 2014||Employer: INDEPENDENT TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED, Taranaki, New Zealand||Title: Project Manager/Lead Mechanical||Department: Engineering/Project Management|
Responsibilities:Oil and Gas Consultancy revenue of $28 million in 2013 was purchased by Logicamms, with a $40 million revenue
.• Project/Client Manager, Contact Energy Ahuroa Pipeline Project at Stratford Delivery Point Gas Metering.
• Engineering Manager, Tag Oil Cheal Production Station Upgrade delivering over 600 drawings in 2 months.
• Implemented a successful strategic plan through the creation the ISO 9001 Project Management Guidelines.
|Years: 2010 to 2012||Employer: MB CENTURY (CENTURY DRILLING AND ENERGY SERVICES), Wairakei, New Zealand||Title: Design Services Manager (Department Head)||Department: Project Management/Engineering|
Responsibilities:Geothermal drilling energy company with revenues of $30 million
• Executed business development and client relationships with EBIT (doubling in the first year to $10M)
• Successfully lead, Te Mihi Geothermal Steam field including over 6 km of 1200 mm (42”) pipe, 300 tie-ins.
• Directed Organic Rankin Cycle power plant designs, Ngatamariki Power Station for Ormat.
|Years: 2007 to 2010||Employer: BECA CARTER HOLLINGS & FERNER LTD , Tauranga, New Zealand||Title: Power Generation Specialist Consultant||Department: Power Generation|
Responsibilities:Construction / engineering consultancy services for water, defense, education, industrial, infrastructure, buildings, public, healthcare, transportation, and power sectors $419 million in revenue.
• Partnered with BECA in strategic development Owner’s Engineering work in thermal energy applications.
• Developed team leaders’ and engineers’ knowledge to position the company in the power generation.
|Years: 1993 to 2005||Employer: FLUOR CORPORATION, Aliso Viejo, California||Title: Project Manager/Mechanical Engineer||Department: Power Generation Business Unit|
Responsibilities:Engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction (EPFC) with $19.04 billion in revenue
Developed skills in business planning, risk management, and contract development, from an initial expression of interest to feasibility studies for technical and commercial through to detailed contract development and final negotiations with clients and subcontractors as Mechanical Engineering maturing to Project Management,
|Years: 1987 to 1989||Agency: Naval Aviation Depot NAS North Island||Role: Engineer||Description: Completed Failure Analysis on the F-18 F404 Jet Engine|
|Years||Country / Region||Summary|
|Years: 2007 to 2014||Country / Region: New Zealand||Summary: Power Generation Project Management and Technical Lead|
|Associations / Societies|
|• Project Management Training, Fluor Corporation, 2002-2005
• Toastmasters 2004, 2012-2014
• Women in Renewable Industries and Sustainable Energy, Programs Co-Director 2017-2019
• American Society of Mechanical Engineering 1985-Present
• Dale Carnegie Trained, 2002
|Licenses / Certifications|
|P. E., Mechanical Engineering, License California
• B. S., Mechanical Engineering, San Diego State University
• Pursuing Certificate in Power Systems from UCSD Extension, 2019
• Certificate of Advanced Project Management, Stanford Professional Studies, 2014
• Certificate of Energy Innovations and Emerging Technologies, Stanford Professional Studies, 2014
• Fluor Daniel Project Management Execution
|Expert Witness Experience|
|Project Managed Expert Witness for $500 Million Dollar Case between Fluor and General Electric on Rabigh, Saudi Arabia
Project Managed and lead project and technical details for a $28 Million Settlement between UCC Taft, LA, Fluor, and Westinghouse. She represented Fluor and won position against Westinghouse due to the shipment of faulty generators to the field. She was the Construction Engineer responsible for the equipment in the field.
|Training / Seminars|
|UCSD course work (2019):
Fundamentals in Electricity: Power Systems
Microgrid Design, Economic Optimization and Simulation
Electrical Power Systems and Controls Analysis and Design
Stanford course work (2014):
Energy Innovation and Emerging Technologies:
• Development of Cellulosic Biofuels
• Solar Cells/Battery Storage
• Producing Natural Gas from Shale
• Economics of Competing Energy Technologies
Advanced Project Management
• Converting Strategy into Action
• Leadership for Strategic Execution
• Executing Complex Projects
• Portfolio Management
• Designing the Organization for Execution
• Project Financial Comparisons
Prior to this experience training has been a constant throughout her 30 years of working and the course work to extensive to list, ranging from business finance, negotiations, and technical procurement for a wide range of mechanical equipment, process procedures and code standards.
|Professional Mechanical Engineer with a depth of experience in energy engineering technologies, with significant experience in failure analysis, risk management, and mechanical design procuring over $100 million in equipment on various project ranging from rotating equipment, heat transfer equipment, and process equipment:
o Successful at engineering, construction, commissioning for energy generation projects with various applications and technologies as the basis of design.
o Knowledgeable of technology costs, delivery, and compliance to codes and standards.
o Engaged in over 1000 MW plant development, installation, and commissioning.
o Experienced innovator and design problem solver to assure quality results.
|Other Relevant Experience|
● Iberdrola Salem Harbor Energy Project- Air Cooled Condenser Supply
● Ballance Urea / Ammonia Plant Conceptual / Feasibility Cost Estimate-Project Controls
● Contact Energy-Stratford Delivery Station-Project Manager
● Tag Oil- Cheal A Facility Upgrade- Engineering Manager
● Contact Energy- Wairakei Steam Field Facility Design Upgrade to support Te Mihi Power Station-Project Director/ Operations Manager
● Mighty River Power-Ormat ORC Power Plant Design (160 MW) – Project Director/Operations Manager
● Kawerau Norsk Skogs- Power Station Steamfield Design (10 MW) – Project Director/Operations Manager
● Genesis Hydro-generation Facilities in Taupo District Engineering Support-Operations Manager
● Bluescope Steel Australia-Asia- Research /Feasibility Study for Waste Heat Recovery for Steel Paint Coating Process- Published in Bluescope Company Research Publication-PM/Engineering Manager/Lead Process Engineer
● Genesis Energy -Rodney Power Station Permitting Support / Consultant
● Alladin Hotels – Project Change Management
● Saudi Western Electric- Rabigh Power Station- Project Engineer / Technical Claims Support for Process/Mechanical Issues, including Sea Water Cooling System and Condensers
● UCC Taft- Combined Cycle/Cogeneration Station Louisiana- Mechanical Engineer Pumps, Gas Turbines, Steam Turbine Generators, and Balance of Plant, Claims Manager for Generator Claim
● Chevron El Segundo- Combined Cycle Power Station- Mechanical Proposal Engineer, Mechanical Engineer Pumps and Balance of Plant Equipment
● Kennecott Utah Copper, Open Pit Mine- Power Station Upgrade- Mechanical Engineer for Compressed Air System for entire facility
● Shell Rayong Refinery- Mechanical Engineer Spare Parts
● Numerous proposals, front end engineering designs (FEEDs), EPC, and estimating efforts over the course of my career for clients all over the world.