Expert in Agrochemical formulations, surfactant development and applications
Expert ID: 737769 Australia
• Development of formulations and their applications in field and developing in-house methods of agrochemical formulations like emulsifiable concentrates (EC), microemulsions (ME), wettable dust granules (WDG), suspension concentrates (SC), soluble liquids (SL), suspoemulsions (SE) and compatibility studies with fertilizers and micronutrients. Development of house hold pest control products for global requirements for liquid vaporizers, aerosols, coils, self-emanating systems etc.
• Developing testing protocols and preparing technical dossiers and supporting registration processes.
• Studying surfactant application and characterization for development of formulations and finding role of adjuvants for improving stability, high loading of actives, rainfastness, volatility, penetration etc.
• Developing novel pesticide formulations and resolving technical issues of existing formulations
• Studying for improvement in formulation applications using Critical Micelle Concentration of Surfactant, spread ability, wetting, particle size impacts using surfactants and Dendrimers (adjuvant) in Aqueous Solution; Suitability of dendrimers for enhanced performance with different types of formulations like EC, SL, SC, ME etc.; New Lab (currently functional); Physical Characteristics of different types of Dendrimers (adjuvant)
• Rich exposure in method development on instruments like GC-MS, LC-MS/MS and extensive studies on Surface Tension, Contact Angle, Particle Size, Shear Viscosity, & critical micelle concentration
• Coordinating with different teams (stakeholders) for timely delivery of projects
• An achievement - oriented professional with excellent people management skills to manage change with ease
|Year: 2003||Degree: PhD||Subject: Studies on Microemulsions of Pyrethroids||Institution: Choudhary Charan Singh University|
|Year: 1993||Degree: M.Sc||Subject: Agrochemicals & Pest Management||Institution: University of Delhi|
|Year: 1993||Degree: Post graduate diploma||Subject: Agrochemicals & Pest control||Institution: University of Delhi|
|Year: 1991||Degree: B.Sc||Subject: Agrochemicals & Pest control||Institution: University of Delhi|
|Years: 26.1020213 to 04.112021||Employer: Nutrien Ag Solution||Title: Research Manager||Department: Research & Development|
Formulation characterization and stability studies
|Years: 2010 to 2013||Employer: Reckittbenckiser||Title: Manager R&D||Department: Resareach & Development|
Responsibilities: Piloted research & development on new product innovation of pesticide formulation in home care like Aerosol Technology, Emanation Technology, Coil, Personal Repellents, Gel Baits and Self Emanating Products under Brand “Mortein”
Provided proactive technical assistance to formulation R&D Team and Global Local R&D Team
Delivered technical assistance in resolving challenges of local R&Ds in different countries like Brazil, India, Australia, MENA, South Africa, Pakistan, Thailand, & Malaysia
|Years: 2008 to 2010||Employer: SC Johnson||Title: Research Manager||Department: Research & Development|
Responsibilities:- Monitored development of Pesticide Formulations (AllOut, Baygon, OFF), Registration, Rolling out Products in India Market, & product protocols.
- Spearheaded the R&D for Product Development.
Team management and lab management.
Established new lab as per global standards
Pivotal in establishing the Kitchen cleaners and Toilet Cleaners products in India
Contributed in development of products on Liquid Vaporizers, Aerosols, Personal Repellents, Coils and Repellent Creams & Lotions for Indian market
Developed methods for formulation testing and validated at plant level
developing alternative cost-effective formulations
|Years: 2005 to 2008||Employer: Sriram Institute of Industrial Research||Title: Sr. Scientist||Department: Pesticide and residues|
Responsibilities:Spearheaded the team of Pesticides & Residues; managed projects related to residual analysis, troubleshooting of pesticide formulations, and impurity profile of pesticides
Managed sophisticated instruments like GC-MS, LC-MS/MS, GC, HPLC, Solid Phase Extractor Work Station (SPE), HPTLC, FT-IR, UV, Surface Tensiometer, & Particle Size Analyzer
Successfully developed method validation for residues in different matrix like Honey, Milk, Meat & Poultry Products, Herbal Products, Cold Drinks, Fruits & Vegetables, and so on
Played a key role in complying with CIB guidelines while conducting shelf life studies of pesticides and container; persistence/ degradation studies of pesticides in natural as well as laboratory conditions
Pivotal in maintaining & upgrading the quality systems related to ISO 9001, NABL, European Union, & EIC
Developed surfactants / formulations for pesticides formulations for pesticide industries
Received Best Scientist Award / Appreciation from the management in 2005-2006
|Years: 1994 to 2005||Employer: India Glycols Limited||Title: Deputy Manager||Department: R&D|
Responsibilities:Monitored development of Surfactants for Agrochemical Formulations, Detergents, Cosmetics, and so on
Successfully developed & commercialized wide spectrum emulsifiers for various agrochemical formulations
Conducted detailed study with surfactants of various Hydrophobes on various solvents used in the agrochemical formulations on different hardness of water
Developed, scaled up at plant level and commercialized Emulsion Polymerized Product
Performed detailed studies on various stages of Microemulsions / Solubilisation of Pesticides
Addressed & resolved problems of customers in North and West India related to agrochemical formulations
Pivotal in developing cost effective surfactant for detergent industry
|Years: 1993 to 1994||Employer: ICI India Limited||Title: Research Chemist||Department: Research & Development|
Responsibilities:Managed development of Surfactants for Agrochemical Formulations, technical support, manufacturing support.
|Years||Country / Region||Summary|
|Years: 2010 to 2013||Country / Region: India||Summary: working as global R&D Manager for Pest category for brand Mortein.|
|Years: 2013 to Present||Country / Region: Australia||Summary: Working for Nutrien Ag solution for development of formulation and use of dendrimer technology.|
|1. Research Manager
2. Sr. Scientist
3. Deputy Manager
4. Research Chemist
|Awards / Recognition|
|Best employee of the year in SC Johnson
Best employee of year in Sri ram institute of industrial research
Work recognition by starpharma.
|Publications and Patents Summary|
| Patent applied on “Novel Dendrimers” for Agrochemical formulation PCT/AU2016/051246 dated 16.12.2016 by Starpharma Pty Ltd.
Patent applied for “PEHAM Dendrimers for use in Agriculture” dated 16.02.2015 by Starpharma Pty Ltd.
Patent applied on “Liquid Insecticidal Compositions for Emanation by a Heat Source” WO 2013144596, Publication date October 3, 2013 by Reckitt Benckiser India Ltd.
Paper presented “Role of Surfactants in Pesticide Formulation” Indian Institute of Chemicals Engineers (Northern Regional Centre), Delhi 10-11 Aug’07
Paper presented in UDCT, Mumbai on “Role of Surfactants in Emulsifiable Concentrates” in May’01
Paper presented “Solubilisation of Agrochemical Active Ingredients by Ethoxylated Surfactants in Water” presented in 5th World Conference in Italy, CESIO2000
Paper presented “Synergistic Effect of Non-ionic Surfactants for Self-emulsifiability of Agrochemical Actives” presented in 5th World Conference in Italy, CESIO2000
Paper on Pesticide Formulation Development “Role of Surfactants in ECs”, published in Chemical Business in Jul’99
Paper on “Eco friendly Formulations Development In Asia”, presented in Conference of “Asia Pacific Crop Protection” in Feb’98 in Mumbai
|Training / Seminars|
|Imparted training on “Pesticide Formulations and Future Trends in Household” to Global Team, Sep’11|