Expert in Agronomy, Soil Science, Crop Production, Soil Nutrient Mangement
Expert ID: 732839 Iowa, USA
He is an extensive collaborator with skills in designing field research trials, analyzing data, and supervising multifaceted laboratory, greenhouse, and field experiments as evidenced by setting up of cross-functional collaborations resulting in 1.5M in grant funding
He is a research coordinator with demonstrated ability managing research plots across 11 Midwest institutes, and developing soil database for the 2nd largest USA cropland greenhouse gas monitoring network, resulting in 50+ project publications
PROFESSIONAL AND TECHNICAL SKILLS:
Independent execution of multiple complex field research trials
Strong oral, written, and presentation skills
Complex data analysis with SAS, R statistical procedures
DayCent and APSIM crop and soil simulation modelling
ArcGIS: Geographical Information System software
Routine and advanced soil and plant analytical instrumentation, procedures, and protocol
Design and illustrate scientific experiments
|Year: 2015||Degree: Preparing Future Faculty||Subject: Selective Professional Development Program||Institution: Iowa State University|
|Year: 2009||Degree: Ph.D.||Subject: Soil and Crop Science||Institution: Huazhong Agriculture University|
|Year: 2006||Degree: M.Sc.||Subject: Soil Science||Institution: University of Agriculture, Faisalabad, Pakistan|
|Year: 2004||Degree: B.Sc.||Subject: Agronomy||Institution: University of Agriculture, Faisalabad, Pakistan|
|Years: 2016 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Soil Scientist/ Agricultural Specilaist III||Department: Department of Agronomy||Responsibilities: • Designed and executed field and laboratory agronomic research trials, and analyzed results using statistical software, resulting in higher crop yield predictions
• Decreased lab expenses by $55,000 per year by developing new protocols for soil NO3--N and NH4+-N analysis, eliminating the need for sending samples to soil testing lab
• Demonstrated leadership and organization skills as evidenced by leading the soil N research team in Forecast and Assessment of Cropping Systems (FACTS) project
|Years: 2011 to 2016||Employer: Iowa State University||Title: Post- doctoral Research Soil Scientist||Department: Department of Agronomy||Responsibilities: • Developed soil database, and coordinated research at 11 institutions across 8 mid-western states with 20 field test sites resulting in better soil nutrient management
• Illustrated field and laboratory research, and analyzed results using statistical tools as evidenced by 6 research publications and 5 research presentations in international conferences
• Increased the effectiveness of greenhouse gas (GHG) measurements by developing new GHG measuring equipment, thus reducing the time and labor expenses ($5200 per site per year) required for gas analysis
• Excellent mentoring skills demonstrated by supervising 12 undergraduate research assistants and teaching two laboratory sections (33 students) of Fundamentals of Soil Science
|Years: 2009 to 2011||Employer: University of Kentucky||Title: Post-doctoral Research Scholar||Department: Department of Plant and Soil Sciences||Responsibilities: • Conducted field and laboratory research trials, and analyzed results using SAS statistical software, resulting in 2 research publications in high-impact journals
• Designed and evaluated soil carbon sequestration potential at 11 research farms in the southeastern United States
|Associations / Societies|
2013-present American Society of Agronomy
2013-present Crop Science Society of America
2013-present Soil Science Society of America
|Licenses / Certifications|
|2015-present Certified Crop Advisor (CCA)
The certificate of “Center for the Integration of Research, Teaching and Learning Associate” at Iowa State University
|Awards / Recognition|
|• Excellence in Ph.D. Dissertation award Huazhong Agricultural University (HZAU), China.
• Excellence in Provincial Ph.D. Dissertation award Hubei province, China.
• National Excellence in Ph.D. Dissertation Nomination Prize Huazhong Agricultural University.
• Ph.D. Fellowship. Ministry of Education, Pakistan and Chinese Scholarship Council, China.
|Medical / Professional|
|Publications and Patents Summary|
|Peer reviewed research articles in Global Change Biology, Soil Biology & Biochemistry, FEMS Microbiology Ecology, Plos One, Environmental Science & Technology, Soil Science Society of America Journal, Journal of Environmental Quality, Agronomy Journal, Geoderma, Plant and Soil, Agriculture, Ecosystem & Environment, Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, Australian Journal of Crop Science, Environmental Management, Soil Science & Plant Nutrition, Pedoshpere, and British Journal of Environment and Climate Change.|
|Other Relevant Experience|
|Other Professional Activities:
• SSSA Student and Early Career Task Force Member
• SSSA Early Career Professional Committee member
• Judged Graduate Students Poster in The Soil Carbon and Greenhouse Gas Emission community, ASA-CSSA-SSSA International Annual Meetings, Phoenix, AZ.
• Organized Iowa FFA Soil Judging Contest at Iowa State University Agronomy Farm Ames IA
• Judged Graduate Students Poster in Wetland Soils division, ASA-CSSA-SSSA International Annual Meetings, Minneapolis, MN.
• Presided Biological Nitrogen Fixation section in Soil Biology and Biochemistry division, ASA-CSSA-SSSA International Annual Meetings, Long beach, CA.
• Judged Graduate Students Poster in Soil Biology and Biochemistry division, ASA-CSSA-SSSA International Annual Meetings, Tampa, FL.
• Competent Communicator in Toastmasters International Club.