Expert in Air Transport Management & Strategy
Expert ID: 736077 France
Specialized in civil aviation, has experience or is able to speak or work on subjects around:
- strategy of air transport and its actors: ICAO, IATA, DGAC & CAA, ground handlers, manufacturers & engine manufacturers, and especially airlines and their strategic positioning
- the management of an airline and in particular: flight operations, ground operations, maintenance, freight, revenue management, distribution, sales, loyalty, network / fleet / planning, crew planning management, air traffic control and IT
-Correct understanding of RM concepts and how to manage flights
-3 years of experience on related IT applications
-Correct knowledge of pricing, tariffs and price discrimination
-Experience in anti-fraud and revenue integrity
Flight Operations (Cabin Crews):
-Numerous flights accompanying Pursers / Chief Pursers, good understanding of procedures of commercial and flight safety tasks
-Reading and understanding of the complete theoretical courses to become a cabin crew
-4 years of experience
-Significant knowledge of business rules regarding airline / non-airline rewarding, mileage accumulation, and negotiated rates for companies
Air Traffic Control:
-Regular visits of control towers
-Follow-up ATC work in frequencies “Flight Information” in airport and “Ground / Tower” in aerodrome
Crews planning :
-Knowledge of rules of flight time, rest, number of mandatory pilots and cabin crews
-Approach of scheduling techniques, wishes management for flights
-Visits of the main AF freight station at CDG
-Notions acquired by self-learning by comparing IT Freight applications with business processes
-Concepts acquired on small and large maintenance of aircraft
-Work on predictive maintenance for aircraft spare parts
-Knowledge about financial flows for airline revenues (BSP …)
-Approach to expenditure items, debt management
-Understanding of IFRS norm and the consequences
Available for panels, in depth interviews, and surveys only.
|Year: 2018||Degree: Advanced Master||Subject: Air Transport Management & Strategy||Institution: ENAC (French National School of Civil Aviation)|
|Year: 2008||Degree: Master of Science||Subject: IT||Institution: CNAM (National|
|Years: 2018 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Senior Corporate Strategy Analyst||Department: All Business Domains||Responsibilities: - Give the 5 years strategic vision for the group
- Understand the interests of the stakeholders of the Air Transport Industry including the institutions and competitors
- Understand the latest and future trends of the industry
- Be proactive in order to propose different scenarios for the top management
|Years: 2015 to 2018||Employer: AirFrance||Title: Innovation & Digitalization Manager||Department: All Business Domains||Responsibilities: - Reported to the Air France KLM CTO.
- Identified future technologies, led studies and strategic thinking with all of the airline's businesses to add value to processes, customers and reduce costs
- Worked closely with the Digital Factory to ensure Digital projects follow-up and facilitate relationships between stakeholders
- Established collaborations with startups, schools, universities and research laboratories to develop new solutions
- Managed technological and strategic investigations through the relevant shows and conferences (CES Las Vegas)
- Introduced the latest technologies to the business departments/ Acculturate the business departments to the latest technologies
- Federated IT and business actors to produce solutions at the best Time To Market
|Years: 2010 to 2015||Employer: AirFrance||Title: Manager - IT Operations Control Center||Department: All Business Domains||Responsibilities: The mission of the IT OCC is to ensure the highest quality of service for the entire information system and for all users in all business sectors worldwide. Reported to the IT Operations Director.
- Monitored the entire information system
- Managed 60 analysts / operating engineers divided into 5 teams working 24/7.
- Planned and orchestrated interventions on critical applications and systems
- Swiftly resolved incidents of any level of severity
- Managed major crises with multiple stakeholders in connection with the Operational Decision Makers
|Years: 2008 to 2010||Employer: AirFrance||Title: IT Project Manager||Department: Commercial & Revenue Management domains||Responsibilities: - Responsible for ticketing applications, anti-fraud, revenue integrity
- Led IT project management: budget, cost calculation, production planning and test phases
- Managed 25 internal and external collaborators
- Interacted with Sales, Revenue Management Department, and GDS to define the needs and associated budgets
|Years: 2005 to 2008||Employer: AirFrance||Title: Senior Business Analyst||Department: Ground Services domain||Responsibilities: - Analyzed business needs on the major project “Cible Avion” followed by the General Management : this project was aimed to analyze and redefine all the processes around the aircraft on the ground from arrival to departure
- Reviewed and scheduled all the activities and tasks related to aircraft with Operational Research department
- Implemented a new model and a multi-parameter configuration: type plane / stop / mail / parking ...
- Managed 6 subcontractors
|Years: 2002 to 2005||Employer: AirFrance||Title: Confirmed Business Analyst||Department: Loyalty domain||Responsibilities: Analyzed the needs and new projects in the following areas, jointly with the GDS Amadeus & Sabre:
- Supervision of negotiated corporate rates
- Business rules regarding air and non-air rewards
- Miles accumulation tools
|Years: 2000 to 2002||Employer: AirFrance||Title: Junior Business Analyst||Department: Commercial Marketing domain||Responsibilities: Hired as “ab initio” by Air France as there was a shortage of Engineers at that time. Evaluated the business needs on the CLIENT SERVER, and INDIVIDUAL REFERENTIALS. Knowledge of customer management. Worked with GDS Sabre & Amadeus.|
|Licenses / Certifications|
|Private Pilot Licence|
|Training / Seminars|
|2019-2020: ENAC - Ecole Nationale de l’Aviation Civile (National University of Civil Aviation)
ENAC is one of the most prestigious civil aviation university worldwide.
- Advanced Master (between MSc & PhD) « Air Transport Management & Strategy ».
2003-2008: CNAM - Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers
Master of Science in IT (Information Technology) / Engineering Degree with a thesis on the major Air France ground services project “Cible Avion”.
This training has been done in evening and week-end courses, outside working time.
1995-1999: ESITPA – Ecole Supérieure des Ingénieurs et Techniciens pour l’Agriculture
Engineering Degree in Agronomy. Internships done in both farms and small size companies.