Expert in Amazon, Retail, Distribution, Beauty, People Management, and Inbound and Outbound Logistics
Expert has consistently proven the ability to build, validate and deploy new technologies and improvement programs from concept stage to best-in-class performance. A creative problem-solver, he is adept at using Lean and Six-Sigma techniques to drive innovations on behalf of the customer.
Expert's core competencies include the following:
People Management |Team Development | Big-data analytics | P&L Ownership | Expert Network Consulting | WMS and Project Management | Problem Solving | Reverse Logistics | Demand Planning | Contract Manufacturing | S&OP | Material Handling Equipment | System Automation | Lean Six-Sigma | eCommerce | Fulfillment | Operations Management | Process Creation and Improvement | Warehouse Management Systems | Omnichannel | Transportation | Distribution | Robotics | Forecasting | Labor Management | 3PL | Predictive Modeling | Simulation | Staffing Agencies | Inbound and Outbound Logistics |
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: San Antonio, Texas - Austin, Texas - Killeen, Texas - College Station, Texas - Bryan, Texas - Round Rock, Texas - Victoria, Texas - Temple, Texas
|Year: 2012||Degree: Master in Business Administration||Subject: Supply Chain||Institution: Texas A&M University|
|Years: 2017 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Director Operations||Department: Supply Chain||Responsibilities: Expert was in charge of developing and implementing the transformation strategy of over 20 distribution centers network-wide. He was responsible for enabling the supply chain to increase the proportion of e-Commerce revenue by 400% in three years.|
|Years: 2013 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Senior Operations Manager||Department: Fulfillment||Responsibilities: Senior Operations Manager - Launch Austin, Texas – 2016
• Launched the largest capacity sortable Fulfillment Center (“FC”) breaking the network record of fastest Inbound / Outbound volume ramp.
• Maximized utilization and flow of ~$130M assets of automated material handling equipment of the Robotics Storage Platform system.
• Leveraged a team of +30 salaried managers to drive overall safety, quality and performance of 2,500 associates with annual payroll ~$68M.
Senior Operations Manager - Production East Bay, California – 2015
• Onboarded 4,200 associates as the Temp. Staffing Agency Leader with a reporting organization of +80 salaried managers across eight shifts.
• Developed and implemented the biggest leadership organizational restructuring program in Fulfillment Ops as core team member.
• Yielded YoY 8% variable cost reduction by establishing enhanced training techniques to improve time to proficiency of hourly associates.
Senior Operations Manager - Innovation Seattle, Washington – 2014
• Directed the Inbound and Outbound operations in the only FC focused on designing and testing new technologies across the network.
• Drove process improvements that enabled the FC to increase 34% throughput YoY; set building record for highest volume of units shipped.
• Spearheaded the cycle time reduction of orders’ “click to ship” by implementing DMAIC methodologies with potential annual savings $6M.
Operations Manager - Pathways Richmond, Virginia – 2013
• Designated as one of the six managers for fast-track promotion out of 125 leaders in the Pathways program, based on results.
• Led Kaizen event targeting a reduction in “cost of failure” due to late stow of transshipments; validated annual savings for FC of $4.5M.
• Regional Subject Matter Expert responsible for process improvements and standardization of benchmarking practices for seven locations.
|Years: 2012 to 2012||Employer: Tidewater||Title: Supply Chain||Department: Offshore Oil and Gas Logistics||Responsibilities: Expert developed fuel consumption optimization strategies as part of the group's supply chain operations. He developed projections to reduce costs by over $450,000 annually. He leveraged Real Options analytics in a ROI model of a $7.5 million fuel management system for the fleet.|
|Years: 2008 to 2011||Employer: Vitro||Title: Head of Investor Relations and Corporate Finance||Department:||Responsibilities: Expert served this glass manufacturing and distribution company in multiple capacities, most recently as Head of Investor Relations and Corporate Finance, where he raised $70 million in an accounts receivable securitization program. Previously, he served the company as Marketing and Business Intelligence Supervisor, before which time he was Demand Planning Coordinator. He planned and implemented antitrust strategies to overcome proceedings and complaints affecting the U.S. and Brazilian markets -- specifically, provisions affecting merger control and monopolies.|
|Years: 2007 to 2007||Employer: PriceWaterhouseCoopers PWC||Title: Economic Consultant||Department:||Responsibilities: Expert served PWC in Mexico as Transfer Pricing Analyst, in which sphere he created efficient business structures to fulfill fiscal obligations via economic and functional analyses alike. He improved customers' bottom-line profits by $6.5 million, year over year, through tax reductions.|
|Years: 2007 to 2011||Employer: Jaguar Ganadera||Title: General Manager||Department:||Responsibilities: Expert cofounded a cattle seedstock brokerage business, where he developed entrepreneurial strategies in treasury and finance to operate working capital credit lines efficiently. His duties also included tax duty compliance and pitching the business model to investors and government institutions alike -- raising $250,000 in capital.|