Expert in Astrodynamics
Expert ID: 734180 Belgium
His background formation is that of Mathematician, skilled in the theory of dynamical systems, Hamiltonian mechanics, perturbation theory.
He has more than 13 years teaching experience in: Mathematics, Theoretical Mechanics, Astrodynamics, fundamentals of Robotics.
|Year: 2010||Degree: PhD||Subject: Orbital Mechanics||Institution: Technical University "Gheorghe Asachi" Iasi, Romania|
|Year: 2006||Degree: Masters||Subject: Orbital Mechanics||Institution: Technical University "Gheorghe Asachi" Iasi, Romania|
|Year: 1999||Degree: Bacherlor's||Subject: Mathematics||Institution: "Alexandru Ioan Cuza" University Iasi, Romania|
|Years: 2013 to 2017||Employer: University of Liege||Title: Postdoctoral Fellow||Department: Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering||Responsibilities: 1. Analytic and semi-analytic satellite orbit propagation under J2 and drag perturbations.
2. Lectures in Astrodynamics to 2nd year Master.
3. Model order reduction for roto-translational coupled dynamical systems.
Developing analytic models through special perturbations methods for low-Earth orbiting satellites. Results up to date: time-explicit propagators for the absolute and the relative motion of satellites under the influence of the Earth oblateness and atmospheric drag.
|Years: 2010 to 2013||Employer: Technion - Israel Institute of Technology||Title: Postdoctoral Fellow||Department: Aerospace Engineering||Responsibilities: Conducting research in fundamental Astrodynamics, with application to orbit design, orbit prediction, relative orbital motion, formation flying, satellite clusters, distributed space systems. Results: longterm boundedness analytic conditions for formation flying under the influence of the Earth oblateness, optimal impulsive maneuvers for station-keeping and formation-keeping accommodating gravitational perturbations).|
|Years: 2004 to 2010||Employer: Technical University "Gheorghe Asachi" Iasi, Romania||Title: Teaching Assistant / Lecturer||Department: Theoretical Mechanics||Responsibilities: 1. Lectures and tutorials in Theoretical Mechanics, Mathematics, Robotics, System modeling and simulation.
2. Fundamental research in the theory of dynamical systems.
Research: Perturbation methods for conservative (Hamiltonian) systems, applied to the absolute and the relative motion of satellites. Closed-form solutions to fundamental problems in Theoretical mechanics (the Foucault Pendulum, Kepler’s problem in non-inertial reference frames), Fundamentals of robotics (attitude kinematics) and applied Mathematics (Riccati equations, tensor calculus). Teaching: Theoretical Mechanics, Fundamentals of Robotics, Linear Algebra, Analytic Geometry.
|Years: 1999 to 2004||Employer: "Emil Racovita" National College, Iasi, Romania||Title: Teacher, grades 5-12||Department: Mathematics||Responsibilities: Lectures in elementary Mathematics.
Besides teaching, I was preparing the Romanian team for the International Olympiad of Mathematics and I was a committee member of the National Olympiad of Mathematics.
|Years||Country / Region||Summary|
|Years: 2013 to 2017||Country / Region: Belgium||Summary: Currently a Belgian resident|
|Years: 2013 to 2017||Country / Region: Israel||Summary: Lived and worked as a researcher in Haifa|
|Years: 2013 to 2017||Country / Region: Romania||Summary: Homecountry|
|Associations / Societies|
|Reviewer for Celestial Mechanics and Dynamical Astronomy.
Reviewer for AIAA Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics (excellent reviewer title granted in 2012 and 2015).
Reviewer for Advances in Space Research.
since 2001: member of the Romanian Mathematical Society (Societatea de Stiinte Matematice din Romania) (SSMR)
|Invited Talks: 2015: Technical University of Braunschweig, Germany: Satellite Orbit Prediction – Analytic Approaches to Perturbations.
International Courses: 2015, I have organized an International Astrodynamics Short Course at the University of Liege. I have given lectures on orbital mechanics and perturbation theory.
• Lectures in Astrodynamics, Department of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, University of Liege, Belgium.
• Lectures and tutorials in Theoretical Mechanics, at the Faculties of Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering and Civil Engineering, at the Technical University “Gheorghe Asachi” Iasi, Romania.
• Lectures and tutorials in Fundamentals of Robotics, Faculty of Computer Engineering, Technical University ”Gheorghe Asachi”, Iasi, Romania.
• Lectures and tutorials in System Modelling and Simulation, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Technical University ”Gheorghe Asachi”, Iasi, Romania.
• Lectures and tutorials in Simulation of Mechanical Systems, Faculty of Automatic Control and Computer Engineering, Technical University ”Gheorghe Asachi”, Iasi, Romania.
• Tutorials in Linear Algebra and Analytic Geometry, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Technical University ”Gheorghe Asachi”, Iasi, Romania
|Awards / Recognition|
|-Samuel and Cecilia Neaman Fellowship, offered by Twechnion -- Israel Institute of Technology
-Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship at the University of Liege
|Publications and Patents Summary|
|Selected Refereed Journal Papers: 13
Selected Refereed International Conference Papers: 19
Other Journal Papers: 8
Other Conference Papers: 12
|Other Relevant Experience|
• Matlab (& Simulink), STK, Maple, Mathematica, Latex, CorelDraw, Photoshop.
|Italian||Average conversational skills|