Expert in Automotive Engineering and Lead Manufacturing Engineering
Expert ID: 738476 Portugal
After this stage, Expert interprets, analyzes and implements a robust action plan to mitigate several challenges in their production. This duty requires a meticulous follow-up of the main problems -- involving a cross-functional team to solve them, where Expert needs to give the correct output of the data to ensure the organization solves the correct problems and requires an ability to convey complex ideas clearly. Expert has used several problem-solving tools to find the root cause of each problem.
Over and above this skill set, as Lead Manufacturing Engineer, Expert currently leads and takes charge of the complex industrialization processes, guaranteeing his organization has six sigma processes with the right capability. He developed project management skills to ensure that all the equipment meets the deadlines also and his division does not negative impact on the overall project timeline.
Expert most enjoys the opportunity to apply brainpower to projects on a global scale and to be in contact with people all over the world. His background in physics engineering affords him essential skills in these fields. He possesses a deep understanding of statistics, design of experiments, and laboratory analysis. He can easily deep dive into any of these subjects.
|Year: 2016||Degree: Master's||Subject: Physics Engineering||Institution: Aveiro University|
|Years: 2022 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Product Visionary||Department: Critical Techworks|
Responsibilities:In his Product Manager role, Expert interacts with users, stakeholders and teams to understand business needs and create a common understanding of what needs to be built. His responsibilities also include assessing value, developing cases, and prioritizing stories, epics and themes to optimize the value of the work performed by the DevOps team.
Throughout these processes, Expert provides vision and direction for all involved throughout the project.
|Years: 2022 to 2021||Employer: Aptiv||Title: Lead Manufacturing Engineer ADAS ECU||Department: Engineering|
Responsibilities:Expert led and managed industrialization of ADAS ECU products from award phase up to series production. He also supported kick-off meetings and MSD workshops within the PML, where his responsibilities included creating and developing process flow. He drove DFM and DFA to ensure having a producible design, and he enforced proper requirements management to align with APTIV DQE accordingly. This role included handling plan requirements transfer to PML. Expert also aligned industrialization deliverables with DQE, serving as customer interface for technical discussion. In additional roles and achievements, Expert:
• Developed the production line concept with optimized material flow, estimated cycle times, and traceability concept
• Ensured supplier packaging requirements are met
• Attended regular PDT meetings and drove a proper escalation in case of problems
• Created and maintained the MFGE project schedule with regard to the project milestones
• Prepared and organized the milestone build dates with process engineers from PML, starting with early prototype builds and organization of needed prototype equipment, including documentation
• Attended key (prototype) build events for new layouts and all customer attended events
• Drove and tracked P-FMEA, respecting Functional Safety aspects with related documentation
• Planned needed equipment/technology, manage SOW and equipment procurement
• Tracked needed equipment and tooling, ensure availability of needed material for all equipment/tool development
• Installed equipment/design reviews before approving the start of fabrication/development
• Performed equipment buy-off at suppliers and request PML process engineers to attend and approve as needed, drive capability studies, create a list of key parameters to be transferred to the quality plan
• Planned product and process/equipment training and handover to PML, starting after PV readiness
• Participated in escalation meetings on a program management level with prepared reports and options for resolution
• Managed process engineer team for machine installation
• Evaluated environmental, social and governance (ESG) challenges across industries and functions.
. Implement Robotic process automation and AI
|Years: 2017 to 2021||Employer: APTIV||Title: Manufacturing Quality Engineer||Department: CBA / SMT|
Responsibilities:Expert was responsible for:
• Data analysis of SPI, P&P, Oven, AOI, ICT and X-ray machinesusing SQL, VBA and Excel tools
• Daily Kanban meetings, applying structured problem-solving to manage process issues and reduce
process variation using Six sigma tools
• Solder paste printing process engineering and optimization.
|Licenses / Certifications|
|• Certified trainer (06/2016 - 09/2016): Trainer on Lean Basics, Yellow Belt, 5S Stw Work, IPC...
• Certifications: Six-Sigma GB, Agile, Scrum, Lean Manufacturing
• Quality core tools course (11/2017 - 12/2018): APQP, FMEA, PPAP, SPC, MSA
|Other Relevant Experience|
Expert served as Lead Project Manager of a new concept machine to automatic stencil inspection. (06/2019 - 09/2021), which achieved 60% lower costs compared to standard machines.
Expert also served as Lead Manager for a Paste Printing Optimization project (02/2019 - 08/2021). In this role, he executed innovative global standards for a closed-loop system AI, and he yielded 2% scrap cost reductions at 30000€/year.
Fields of Expertise