Expert in Banking and Financial Institutions
Expert ID: 736792 Florida, USA
Commercial Banking • Executive Leadership • Negotiation Skills • Community Builder • Risk Management • Financial Management • Retail Banking • Operations Management
Award-winning and results-driven President and Chief Executive Officer with 20+ years in full-service Commercial Banking for individual, business, governmental, and institutional customers. Demonstrated track record of delivering successful and consistent operating results, while managing through various business cycles. Proven record in developing high-performing, successful teams. Decisive leader with strong strategic skills and relationship-building skills. Full understanding of risk management, banking regulations, and internal controls. Led sales management, executive management, and leadership for the Board, shareholders, and regulators.
Extensive experience in capital raising, mergers, and acquisitions, workout, and restructuring.
|Year: 1979||Degree: BA||Subject: International Business||Institution: Auburn University|
|Years: 2013 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Chairman and CEO||Department:||Responsibilities: Responsible for maximizing shareholder value.
• Achieved growth in assets and net income, capital requirements, and all financial objectives across key business lines; maintained asset quality; continued to have clean audits and Federal exams.
• Achieved 2nd largest growth in assets in Dade County, reaching $935M.
• Growth of 20% in Assets, 23% in loans, 21% in deposits, 29% in Core DDA Deposits, and 16% in AUM.
• Growth of shareholder equity over 100%.
• Developed an expert senior management team through recruiting, training, guidance, and motivation.
• Led a $30M capital raise.
• Managed 110 employees and 10 direct reports in marketing, IT, HR, credit, risk management, trust & wealth management, private banking, and loans.
• Named South Florida Power Leader and Power Banker
• Ownership and execution of Bank strategic planning, making recommendations to Board
on 3-year plans.
|Years: 2005 to 2013||Employer: Coconut Grove Bank||Title: Executive Vice President, Chief Lending Officer, Director||Department:||Responsibilities: • Recruited, hired, and trained a high-performing lending team.
• Drove expansive growth in the loan portfolio through effective recruiting, training, and leadership.
• Enhanced the credit underwriting and analysis team through better hiring, training, and accountability.
• Implemented a system-wide core-processing system conversion.
• Successfully lifted the bank off a regulatory enforcement action.
|Years: 2002 to 2005||Employer: Premier Community Bank of South Florida||Title: President and CEO||Department:||Responsibilities: Community Bank with four locations in Dade and Broward Counties.
• Led investor group to purchase Gateway Bank and reposition the Bank.
• Grew Bank for the eventual sale to Colonial Bank.
• Increased net income by 236%.
• Improved low-cost deposit mix to 55%.
• Reduced efficiency ratio from 108% to 57%.
|Years: 1999 to 2002||Employer: Kislak National Bank||Title: President and CEO||Department:||Responsibilities:|
|Years: 1981 to 2021||Agency: Federal Reserve Bank, OCC||Role:||Description: Experience dealing with regulators.|
|Associations / Societies|
|Ambassador, Big Brothers & Big Sisters of Miami
Director, Florida Bankers Association
|Florida Bankers Association board member|
|Awards / Recognition|
|Power Leader in Banking and Finance (7 years in a row)
South Florida Business Journal
Top Power Leader
South Florida Business Journal
|Training / Seminars|
|Numerous Banking, CFT, and RMA|
|Experienced in Bank Core Processors, Jack Henry, FIS, Fiserv.|
|Numerous years of experience.|
|Other Relevant Experience|
|extensive experience in capital raising mergers and acquisitions, workout and restructuring|