Expert in Banking, Technology, and Business Development
Expert ID: 736494 United Kingdom
Excellent knowledge of financial regulation changes such as MIFID II, MAD/MAR, Dodd Frank, Benchmark, EMIR, Volcker, FATCA, CASS, etc. Strong experience of Financial platforms (Banking, Payments, Capital Markets, data, trading, compliance and reporting) such as FIS, Fiserv, Ion Trading, ITRS, Flexera, Thomson Reuters, Nice Actimize, Insight, First data, Charles River, Wolters Kluwer, Markit, IBM Algorithmics, Blackrock, etc.
Strong experience of Banking software solutions such as Fidessa, Blackrock, Charles River, Murex, Sungard, Wolters Kluwer, Markit EDM, FIS, FISERV, Avaloq, Bloomberg, Safe banking systems, Thomson Reuters, Nice Actimize, Fircosoft, Oracle, Appway, Temenos, etc.
Excellent understanding of core IT development, operational and architectural concepts, including the SDLC, SCRUM, RUP, OOP and have used both agile and waterfall development methodologies. Excellent knowledge of financial regulation changes such as MIFID II, Dodd Frank, PSD2, EMIR, Solvency 2, FATCA, AIFMD, UCITS IV/V, Brexit, etc.
Areas of Expertise:
▪ Team Management & Leadership
▪ IT & Ops Process Optimisation
▪ Budget Planning & Forecasting
▪ Outsourcing & Vendor Negotiation
▪ IT SDLC & Agile Methodologies
▪ Stakeholder Mgmt. (all levels)
▪ Banking & Capital Markets
▪ Sales & P/L Ownership
▪ Asset & Wealth Mgmt.
• Strong people management and leadership skills gained through leading large multicultural teams globally distributed.
• Experience in Technology/Digital transformation and rapidly changing business environment, be it within organizations going through establishment/start-up, high-growth, or transformation/turn-around.
• Strong Vendor Relationship Management and experienced outsourcing negotiator
• Specialist in Budget planning, prioritization, forecasting and reporting
• Strong Stakeholder and customer relationship management (all levels)
• Extensive use of Visio, MS Office Suite, Enterprise Architect & Project Management tools.
Banking, Fintech, Technology, Outsourcing, Mergers and Acquisitions, Alternative Investments, Investment Banking, Asset Management, Investment Management, Regulatory Compliance, Competitive Analysis, Program Management, Research, Sales, Vendor Evaluation, Trading Systems, Business Strategy, Risk Management, Financial Technology Industry Background, Wealth Management, Software as a Service (SaaS)
Available for panels, in depth interviews, and surveys only.
|Year:||Degree: MBA||Subject: Finance, Banking and Technology||Institution: London Business School|
|Year:||Degree: Bachelor's of Science||Subject: Engineering, Computer Science, and Information Technology||Institution: London Business School|
|Years: 2015 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Sr. Management Consultant||Department: Change, Technology & Transformation (Global Markets)||Responsibilities: Responsible for managing large scale Technology and digital transformation across capital markets. Leading technology teams and large programs including Cloud & digital transformation, internal and regulatory reporting, scale and process/operational efficiency initiatives, data & analytics platform, Robotic process automation, etc. Excellent team leadership skills, including an ability to train, motivate, and coordinate teams.
▪ Senior stakeholder management including global COO, CIO, CFO, Business division Heads and MB level cross divisional stakeholders.
▪ Leading Management Board Technology Committee to ensure transparency, rapid escalation of issues and resolutions of thematic issues across the Global Technology and Transformation portfolio
▪ Leading budget planning, prioritization, forecasting and reporting (for internal/external resources, software/hardware vendors and data providers)
▪ Excellent understanding of technologies such as RPA, AI, ML, NLP etc. and successfully leveraged them for use cases within the Bank. Automated internal and regulatory reporting leveraging RPA methodology/tool.
▪ Leading and coaching resources globally. Also providing oversight and steer to third parties.
|Years: 2012 to 2015||Employer: Swiss Re||Title: Director-Head of Business and Technology Transformation||Department: Trading, Risk Management & Compliance||Responsibilities: Responsible for Technology and managing multimillion Change and transformation programs globally in Front office. Serve as global interface to the Regulators and Central Banks, and regularly present firm’s Technology and Digital strategies and major change programs to the FCA, FINMA, ESMA and other regulatory bodies. Excellent team leadership skills, including an ability to train, motivate, and coordinate teams.
▪ Portfolio change management of Front office, Technology and Digital changes in line with the Business strategy
▪ Responsible for business-critical applications in Trading, risk management (Investment, Risk analytics, Portfolio Optimisation, Market, credit, operational, treasury risk etc.) and compliance departments.
▪ C-level stakeholder management with direct line reporting to CIO and dotted lines to COO
▪ Led a department-wide "re-definition" project to transition from a multi-implementation, enterprise environment to a true multi-tenant, digital SaaS product implementation, saving in excess of $130 million against Opex, thereby saving Capex.
▪ Handle all vendor relationship management (external portfolio managers, software, sourcing, data, prime brokers)
▪ Led budget planning (in excess of $500 m), Vendor negotiation, prioritization, forecasting and reporting (for internal/external resources, software/hardware vendors and data providers)
▪ Oversee the execution of data, digital, front office business and Technology processes and architecture as a key enabler to achieving the business objectives of the organization.
|Years: 2007 to 2012||Employer: Fidessa||Title: Head of Technology & Business Development||Department:||Responsibilities: Responsible for expanding and scaling Latent Zero Buy side FinTech Business (backed by Private Equity firms Blackstone, Goldman Sachs PIA etc.). Helped in successful exit (7x multiple) after M&A by Fidessa
Post Fidessa’s acquisition, managed number of projects for market leading Trading, analytics and Compliance applications. Demonstrated an ability to build business, promote a customer-oriented focus, advocate stakeholder relationships, and utilize excellent communication and negotiation skills. Managed teams to develop new practices and implement them in a strategic and cost-efficient manner, resulting in new sales.
▪ Managed teams to develop new practices and implement them in a strategic and cost-efficient manner, resulting in new sales. (revenue in excess of $30 m)
▪ Responsible for building, managing and providing strategic direction for a varied and globally distributed team of business Developers, Architects, Business/Process/data Analysts and Project Managers
▪ Led Business process mapping and Presales across the firm– managing and improving existing processes and products, through workshops, site visits, interviews, business process descriptions and document analysis.
|Years: 2004 to 2007||Employer: McKinsey & Co.||Title: Management Consultant||Department: Strategy, Technology & Business Transformation||Responsibilities: Provided change, IT strategy and management consulting to various Banks, Asset/Wealth Management and Hedge funds clients. Responsible for managing large technology & Business transformation across various client firms
▪ Leverage deep industry experience and broad range of capabilities to deliver end-to-end solutions for leading Banks
▪ Developed valuable insights across sector developments, evolution of technology and data trends and M&A practices and impact of this on competitive positioning in the market entry
▪ Helped firms optimize operations and technology platform and reap the opportunities of the growing customers base
|Years: 2000 to 2004||Employer: Goldman Sachs||Title: Senior Project Manager||Department: Strategy & Business/Technology Transformation||Responsibilities: Responsible for large implementation programs for multiple business lines of in-house and vendor financial products.
▪ Led transformation programs including managing the cultural, technical and financial complexities associated with a global firm and with acquiring and merging organizations. (participated in strategic acquisitions in several small PE backed Financial technology firms)
▪ Extensive use of Visio, MS Office Suite, Enterprise Architect and Project Management tools.
|Years: 1997 to 2000||Employer: Goldman Sachs||Title: Development/ Technical Business Analyst||Department:||Responsibilities: Involved in full SDLC life cycle (requirements gathering, BRDs, testing, GAP analysis, specifications) and developed risk models using C++, data structures and algorithms.
▪ Provided subject matter expertise and played a key role in the implementation of a new enterprise-wide financial investment and risk management platform.
▪ Supported risk methodology work that included portfolio stress testing, value-at-risk and back testing, independent price verification and credit risk measurement, across a broad base of asset classes.
|Licenses / Certifications|
|CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst)
Prince2 Certified Project Management Practitioner
Diploma in Banking & Investment Management