Expert in Biotechnology, Advisory in Foreign Trade Policy
Expert ID: 736727 India
|Year: 1997||Degree: MS Finance||Subject: Finance||Institution: Bentley College – Graduate School of Business|
|Year: 1996||Degree: MBA||Subject: Management||Institution: Bentley College – Graduate School of Business|
|Year: 1995||Degree: Bachelor of Commerce||Subject: Finance and Management Accounting||Institution: University of Mumbai, Mithibai College, Mumbai, India.|
|Year: 2011||Degree: Diploma||Subject: Agriculture Input Marketing||Institution: Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ahmedabad, India|
|Year: 1993||Degree: Diploma||Subject: Software Development (Systems Design and Management)||Institution: Apple Industries, Mumbai, India|
|Years: 2008 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: CEO and Board of Director||Department: Senior Leader||Responsibilities: Leading Businesses in the field of Biotechnology, Advisory in Foreign Trade Policy of India, Film Production, and Film Production Infrastructure Services
- Essayed a stellar role in conceptualizing, planning, implementing an international organic farming business to obtain profitability within 18 months. Increased revenues from INR 30 crores to INR 60 crores within this short period.
- Successfully added various pieces, products, systems, protocols, and processes to the existing business development team to increase sales, profitability, and cash flows as well as solved operational issues.
- Transitioned the company from a family-run business into a professionally run corporate.
- Instrumental in increasing pipeline for research and development activities for the growth of the organization.
- Played a key role in streamlining the current organization and its various components to meet international challenges.
- Holds the credit of increasing international presence to 5 additional countries with 15 more in the pipeline in the next 24 months.
- Fine-tuned the entire training and simulation exercises of the organization and expanded them to include training on organic farming and best agriculture practices to farmers. Created the entire support structure of the organization to help its clients.
- Increase growth rates from a consistent year on year of about 24% to 40% in the second year of starting at the company.
- Added clients such as Dabur, Pepsi, and Marico Industries amongst others by adding a sales team along with sales and client management processes.
- Created, presented, and approved plans and possible policy requirements for the growth of the industry to various ministers, ministries, government departments to influence and change political will, both in India as well as internationally.
- Created a documentary as well as a strategy to take it nationally on national TV through agriculture promotion programs such as Krishi Darshan etc., to leverage the knowledge and impart it to the consumers.
- Instrumental in creating an entire marketing team and program, which increased sales by 100% to INR 9 crores within 2 years.
- Significant in adding technical teams to further improve upon services resulting in additional offshore and domestic clients.
- Pivotal in adding a mix of equipment for differentiating services and service a broader range of clients.
- Created teams and structures to change the culture of an owner-driven organization to automated processes and delegation of authority resulting in faster and accurate decisions.
200NotOut Films, 200NotOut Cinemas Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai, India (Film Production) as CEO
Successfully created a start up organization in the field of advertisement and film production.
Created the necessary vision, strategy, execution teams and infrastructure to obtain profitability in the first year itself with year on year increased performance.
Branded the organization to be a major and serious performer in its space and achieved INR 120 million revenue rate per annum within 3 years of starting in addition to exceptional growth rates and above normal profitability margins.
Diversified into film production as well with a first of its kind project with a national icon in the document – drama concept for both Indian as well as international audiences with a budget of over INR 600 million and revenues of over INR 1,200 million. Producer of “Sachin – A Billion Dreams”, the first of its kind docu-drama on the great, Mr. Sachin Tendulkar.
Divested stake in projects by partnering with international studios and investors to de-risk the projects for the company and to create high growth, high profitable ventures at limited investments.
|Years: 1999 to 2007||Employer: Focus Informatics Inc., Woburn, MA, USA, Bangalore||Title: CEO and Board of Director||Department: Senior Leader||Responsibilities: Apr’99 – Dec’07: Focus Infomatics Inc., Woburn, MA, USA, Bangalore, India and Colombo, Sri Lanka (IT-Enabled Service Provider and Software, International Nursing Training and Staffing (USD 60 million))
Apr’01 – Dec’07: Board of Director - – Focus Lanka, Focus Infosys, Focus Telecall, Focus Care, Focus Softek, Principal Healthcare
As Board of Director
- Served as a Co-founder and CEO – Focus Telecall, Focus Care, Focus Lanka, and Principal Healthcare.
- Distinction of being appointed to the board directly to control the senior management of all the services and profitability.
- Hold the credit of co-founding three lines of businesses for Focus – Call Centers, Medical Billing, and International Nursing with a turnover of over USD 25 million and USD 5 million in profitability. The company was sold for USD 56 million. Created the plans for all the new businesses and services, including distance E-learning.
- Stellar in creating and managing teams in the United States of America, India, and Sri Lanka to successfully execute all the services profitably.
- Successfully created structures, processes, and trained people to provide services to offshore clients efficiently and effectively.
- Significant in initially leading the entire sales and business development effort while simultaneously creating the teams.
- Pivotal in revamping the Software division (later sold to Nuance of USA along with Focus Informatics for USD 56 million). Led the entire software design team for the medical transcription workflow as well as voice recognition platforms.
- Lobbied along with a team in the United States of America to obtain necessary immigration policy changes required for the success of the various businesses.
As a co-founder, Board of Director and CEO – Focus Care (International nurse recruitment, training, transition, and staffing organization)
- Created, implemented, managed, and led an innovative simulation and training program for medical professionals to be able to successfully transition from an Indian (other countries) working environment into a completely unknown and new foreign challenge, mainly the United States of America.
- Combinations of training faculties, simulation software, and processes, technologies, and methods employed successfully to achieve the objective in a completely new and untested business and with many points of possible uncontrolled failures.
- Initially did the entire marketing and business development for the services and then created and trained the entire business development, transition, and training team for smooth functioning of the operations in all the countries.
|Years: 1998 to 1999||Employer: Summa Capital Management, Salem, MA, USA (Hedge Fund)||Title: Portfolio Analyst & Trading Strategist||Department: Leader||Responsibilities: Jan’98 – Mar’’99: Summa Capital Management, Salem, MA, USA (Hedge Fund) as Portfolio Analyst & Trading Strategist
A boutique start-up Hedge Fund started and managed by MIT and Harvard professors for high net worth individuals only. The fund grew from $ 10 million in assets to $ 50 million within the 15 months that Expert was there. Complicated mathematical modeling for forecasting security returns and take advantage through statistical arbitrage.
Fields of Expertise
Commercial Leadership, Effective Leadership Skills, leadership development, agribusiness, business, business acquisition, business analysis, commercial sales, agricultural biotechnology, hedge fund, corporate finance, application software, Health Information Technology (HIT), information technology, offshore operations, offshore, Information technology outsourcing, outsourcing, software outsourcing, education, 911 call center management, business innovation