Expert in Brushless Motors, Motor Drives, Induction Motors, Switch Mode Power Systems, Battery Chargers
Expert is a high energy individual with a difference; he combines technology excellence, leadership and professional management skills with his inborn entrepreneurial instincts. Over the years, Expert has successfully handled several leadership, management and corporate functions with hands-on experience in managing the growth and operational challenges associated with early stage companies.
Expert is a member of the Entrepreneurial Organization (Washington-DC Chapter) and is very keen on nurturing entrepreneurial talent in the field of Technology Development and Management.
Expert's company is a motor drives and power electronics consulting firm that focuses on highly targeted projects and products in both the private and public sectors. The company combines the best practical, consulting and academic knowledge to bring our clients superior project delivery and product development skills and unique competitive advantages.
Expert is absolutely professional. He manages to be starkly objective while remaining pleasant to work with. He works on only the highest-value portions of our clients' needs, guiding their internal resources as needed to address other aspects of the issues. Expert also tailors his methodology to his clients' individual needs, employing a variety of product development models from one to one counseling to small group workshops to large, team-driven projects.
Expert designed and developed several electric vehicle propulsion systems for a European client including motors, battery packs and motor drives. He engaged in technology evaluation of several emerging technologies for batteries, battery chargers, motors and drives for several investors and investor representatives. Expert designed and developed wheelchair propulsion components for key manufacturers.
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: Baltimore, Maryland - Frederick, Maryland - Gaithersburg, Maryland - Bowie, Maryland - Richmond, Virginia - Alexandria, Virginia - Lancaster, Pennsylvania
|Year: 2008||Degree: MBA||Subject: Business Administration, Project Management, Operations Management||Institution: Old Dominion University|
|Year: 1994||Degree: MSEE||Subject: Power Electronics and Motor Drives||Institution: University of Minnesota|
|Year: 1990||Degree: BTECH||Subject: Electrical Engineering, Power Electronics and Motor Drives||Institution: Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur|
|Years: 2009 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: President/Chief Engineer||Department: Electric Motors Division||Responsibilities: Strategic Technology Group LLC was founded to provide consulting services in the field of motors, motor drives, power electronics and battery pack systems. Main research and development centre is setup in Pune, India. Current team size is 20. Engineering skill sets include motor, inverter and software design (8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit ST, Microchip and TI MCUs or DSPs), mechanical design, manufacturing and supply chain management.
Products: Several 3-phase and 5-phase Permanent Magnet Motors, Motor Drives and Battery Pack Systems.
Customers: Several German, Swiss, US and UK Companies
• Founded the company in 2009;
• Engaged in the development of several cutting edge products such as five and three phase permanent magnet motors, battery packs, and motor drives;
• Strong technical expertise, business methodology, infrastructure and project management experience in the areas of power electronics, motor design, controller and software development, mechanical engineering, testing and
evaluation, supply chain management, and manufacturing.
|Years: 2005 to 2009||Employer: Electric Motion Systems LLC||Title: Founder/President||Department: Electric Battery and Motors||Responsibilities: Built a company to 25 engineering professionals. Design, developed and manufactured 7-phase and 3-phase brushless motors and motor drives. Developed and Implemented unique FOC and SVM algorithms. Built manufacturing plants in the US and India. Filed for 4 patents.
Products: Motors, Battery Packs (NiMH and Li-Ion) and Vehicle Controllers for Light Electric Vehicles and Mobility
Products. TidalForce Electric Bicycle, MS1 Electric Scooter, E+ Electric Bicycle
Customers: Matra Manufacturing & Services, France, International Distributors, Independent Bike Dealers
• Founded the company and secured angel Investment and several development projects;
• Built business methodology, infrastructure and a strong team of 25 professionals in the areas of motor design, controller and software development, mechanical engineering, intellectual property management, product and project launch, testing and evaluation, supply chain management, manufacturing, customer service and sales and marketing;
• Helped Matra, France acquire Wavecrest Laboratories’ Light Electric Vehicle Technology and Patent portfolio;
• Communicated a clear visionary strategy regarding technology development across the organization - engaging not only the senior leadership team, but the entire organization in the business’s mission and key initiatives. Drove the
development and application of consistent design practices across the entire organization;
• Led the concept, design, development, manufacturing & market launch of E+ Electric Bike (Chassis Design, Motor, Battery, Vehicle Controller Technology & Systems Integration);
• Led the concept, design, development and manufacturing relaunch of TidalForce Electric Bike for Matra (Motor, Battery & Vehicle Controller Technology);
• Led the concept, design, development and manufacturing of MS1 Electric Motor Bike for Matra (Advanced Motor Technology);
• Setup manufacturing infrastructure in China to produce 3000 propulsion systems per month with excellent supply chain support and quality assurance methodology;
• Developed a strong quality assurance and management team;
• Drove continuing research and development productivity across multiple international operations and supply chains
(China, Taiwan and the US);
• Maintained a customer focused approach and understanding of the market to ensure market facing strategic planning and initiatives.
• Ensured a rigorous process in the execution of Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action of product and process issues;
• Personally developed and maintained key customer and vendor relationships;
• Presented detailed financial performance results to investors and stakeholders on a quarterly basis;
• Raised barriers for the competition by filing a series of patents protecting crucial innovations.
|Years: 2001 to 2005||Employer: Wavecrest Laboratories LLC||Title: Engineering Manager||Department: Design||Responsibilities: Directed a Team of 20 professionals in electromagnetic design, electrical engineering, software development, mechanical engineering, testing, supply chain and manufacturing management launching numerous High Tech Electric Propulsion Systems, Permanent Magnet Brushless and Induction Motor Drives
Products: Motors, Battery Packs (NiMH and Li-Ion) and Vehicle Controllers for Light Electric Vehicles and Mobility.
Products: TidalForce Electric Bicycle, Sparta Ion Electric Bike, 5kw Oxygen Electric Scooter, 20kW Electric Motor Cycle, 0.5kW Electric Wheel Chair, 4WD for NASA’s test mobile robot, 100kW Compressor Pump.
High Profile Customers: Accell Group, Netherlands; Matra Manufacturing & Services, France; Oxygen, Italy; US Army; NASA
• Hand Selected by VP of Engineering to lead aggressive commercialization effort;
• Strong record of technical innovation. Filed a number of patents;
• Effective practices in personnel management including hiring, training, motivating, mentoring, and retaining engineering personnel;
• Concept, design, development, and implementation of highly efficient propulsion systems;
• Effectively met aggressive project schedules producing high performance prototypes and production-ready power electronics in a limited time and with limited resources;
• Extensive Beta, First Article and Pre-Production Article Testing;
• Strong alliance with quality team to ensure rigorous processes.
|Years: 2011 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: President / CEO||Department: eMotors||Responsibilities: Oversaw product development, project management, customer contact, manufacturing, financial management, legal, intellectual property development and sales and marketing.
—Strategic / Tactical Planning & Execution —
● $10 million in revenues possible by evaluating trends and developing advanced OEM technology solutions.
● 70% decline in the product development cost and process observed by sharing software and hardware technology assets across platforms.
● Transitioned to the use of AI technology in light electric vehicles by identifying hardware and firmware architecture and scaling the solutions to fitness and HVLS fan systems.
● 25% surge in income delivered by taking advantage of closely related market segments through the strict application of core competencies.
—Opportunity Analysis / Product & Solutions Innovation—
● 200% boost in marketable product portfolio realized by developing the high growth field of the HVLS fan market.
● 100% work force expansion produced in the last two years by pursuing US product development initiatives.
● 100% upsurge in team growth achieved by adding key departments for artificial intelligence, app development, quality control and testing.
● 60% revenue growth increase generated by penetrating the HVLS India market segment.
—Research / Engineering Team Development & Direction—
● 150% rise in resource utilization attained by instituting a cross-functional matrix organization.
● 95% reduction in manufacturing defects noted by implementing critical data collection and six sigma analyses throughout the organization.
● 75% decrease in the product development cycle recorded by applying 80 / 20 principles for each stage of the process.
● 25% cost reduction reached by installing key technology upgrades in light electric vehicles.
|Years||Country / Region||Summary|
|Years: 2006 to 2009||Country / Region: China||Summary: Set up multiple manufacturing facilities in China.|
|Years: 2009 to Present||Country / Region: India||Summary: Set up a powerful design center as well as manufacturing facility in India.|
|Associations / Societies|
|Publications and Patents Summary|
|25+ journal and conference publications and 7+ patent and patent applications|
|Expert Witness Experience|
|Experience with Intellectual Property and Contract Legal Matters|
|Training / Seminars|
|1. Workshop on Advanced Power Electronics and Motor Drives Simulation Techniques using PSpice.
2. Lessons in eBike Manufacturing – New Product Launch and Supply Chain Management.
3. The Art of Commercializing Technology – A Case Study in Electric Bicycles.
4. Advanced Electric Vehicle Concepts for Designing Electric Bicycles.
5. Digital Signal Processor Basics For Power System Design.
6. Fuzzy Logic use in High Frequency Magnetics Design.
7. Computer Aided Design of High Frequency Magnetics.
|Vast experience with vendors and supply chain issues in China/ India/ Taiwan and USA.|
|Expert in permanent magnet brushless motors, electric vehicles, light electric vehicles.|
|Hindi||Expert is quite proficient|
|Punjabi||Expert is reasonably proficient|