Expert in Business Operations, Purchasing, Sourcing, Merchandsing, Inventory, Sales, Consumer Goods
Before his time consulting, Expert was the Merchandising Manager with Ace Hardware (2006 - 2012) where he had full autonomy for national and local buying, sourcing, product selection, merchandising, vendor/supplier relations, forecasting, seasonal promotions, category refresh, inventory and distribution. Previously he was the Director/Coordinator of Investment Buying with Supervalu (2000 - 2004) and General Manager with Rainbow Foods (1986 - 1996). Expert's educational background is in Business Administration. His accomplished career has enabled him to be a leader across multiple industries. He can provide unique perspectives in relationship-building and problem-solving as he has worked from both sides of the desk in corporate America.
His key specialties are Procurement, Sourcing, Merchandising, Sales and Operations.
• Provided insights and best practices to national manufacturer to showcase what actions can be taken to better market their product and grow business with independent contractors while also improving and maintaining their retail consumer base.
• Implemented confidential state assessments and standards with rubric validation methodologies.
• Negotiated cost cutting Intermodal rates resulting in a 5% savings over previous year.
• Assisted in shipping an all-time company record volume number of cases in a one month time frame.
• Through my professional network was able to provide 3 emergency truckloads during a very busy holiday weekend that resulted in minimizing shrink by 10%. Aided in reducing overall spend and improving warehousing efficiencies.
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: Minneapolis, Minnesota - Saint Paul, Minnesota - Rochester, Minnesota - Burnsville, Minnesota - Saint Cloud, Minnesota - Eden Prairie, Minnesota - Minnetonka, Minnesota - Eau Claire, Wisconsin
|Year: 1976||Degree: BS Business Administration||Subject: Business Management||Institution: University of Minnesota|
|Years: 2015 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Business Consultant||Department:||Responsibilities: Have done four projects for this company. Including strategic sales analysis, inventory assessment, trade shows, marketing, surveys, future projections, business opportunities, liquidation, product development, supply chain.|
|Years: 2014 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Regional Sales Manager||Department:||Responsibilities: Primary interface in sales and promotion for a start-up company’s consumer goods initial product launch.
Secured purchase orders from a myriad of retailers including; Cub Foods, Woodman’s, Festival Foods, Radermachers, Bachman’s, Gertens, Party City, Ace Hardware, Do It Best, Mayo Clinic, University of Wisconsin and Hallmark.
Assisted in package design, marketing, sales, promotions, broker connections, business planning and future growth.
|Years: 2006 to 2012||Employer: Ace Hardware||Title: Merchandise Manager||Department:||Responsibilities: Six years full autonomy of sourcing, purchasing, category line reviews, product selection, logistics, chain conformity, forecasting, vendor/supplier relations, negotiations, trade shows, quality assurance, inventory, promotions, communications, project management, ERP, RFP, SAP, pricing, customer requests and distribution for eleven locations.|
|Years: 2000 to 2004||Employer: Purity Whoelsale Grocers/Supervalu||Title: Director/Coordinator Investment Buying||Department:||Responsibilities: Four years management experience as Director/Coordinator in administering client relations, corporate procurement, sourcing, negotiations, qualifying new vendors, sales, diverting, brokering, product presentation, distribution, market evaluation, and stock levels for six regional distribution centers. ($100M).|
|Years: 1998 to 2000||Employer: RCI Ltd.||Title: Coo/General Manager||Department:||Responsibilities: COO/General Manager in charge of financial planning for a high technology international consortium. Streamlined processes with new insights to help identify company’s mission, monetary resources and direction.|
|Years: 1986 to 1996||Employer: Rainbow Foods||Title: General Manager||Department:||Responsibilities: Ten years background as General Manager in high volume business operations. Responsible for overseeing all customer service, human resources, vendor relations, purchasing, negotiations, data analysis, sourcing, forecasting, project management, inventory controls, receiving procedures, disbursement, point of sale, financials, budget, safety compliance, government regulations, scheduling, equipment maintenance and facility management. ($50M).|
| Expert is highly skilled in Superior Vendor Relations, particularly with an eye for the bottom line.
He is highly familiar with the steps required to incur additional financial advantages for the organization. This includes extended payment terms, freight costs, volume incentives, free (sample) goods, training, manufacturer guarantees, consignment options, promotional (advertising) monies, slotting allowances, marketing initiatives, merchandising support and rebate monies if applicable.
Expert has highly flexible purchasing skills and experience. He has worked with a very diverse spectrum of vendors, brokers, manufacturers, trading partners and wholesalers.
|Other Relevant Experience|
|Supply Chain, Inventory & Purchasing Management Professional
Management/Supervision/Mentoring Business Operations
Human/Customer/Client Relations Purchasing/Sourcing/Inventory
Financial/Data/Budget Analysis Scheduling/Forecasting/Negotiations
Supply Chain/Logistics Vendor Management
Communications Relationship Building
Talented Leaders are the Key Enablers
Effectual managers are focused upon The 4 P’s…People, Professionalism, Products and Profit. Additionally they are problem solvers and relationship builders. All keys to the company’s continued success for years to come.
• Set company quarterly record for sales revenue increase $8M.
• Within first 90 days added $5M to company’s profits via a customer centric managerial approach.
• Devised plan to reduce inventory levels $200K ASAP via direct shipping and liquidation methodologies.
• Strong vendor management relations helped improve sales/delivery ratio 25%.
• Slashed high administrative costs 75% by updating technology processes.
• Outsourced the competition through professional network. Driving bottom line earnings an additional 20%.
• Negotiated over 30 exclusive contracts with National Suppliers for special pricing and other considerations.
• Superior Relationship Builder. Established a “first call” connection from National Trading Partners.
• Reduced labor expense 10% without compromising services and operations.
• Received National and International recognition as a must stop tour destination for business operations.
• Consistently attained top bonus for performance in achieving quarterly corporate goals.