Expert in Cannabis, Hemp, and Entheogenics: Consulting, Advocacy, and Education
Expert ID: 736345 Illinois, USA
Expert combined decades of experience in the capital markets, and accomplishments in expanding operations and developing and launching products that include VIX options and futures, SPX options, corporate bond index futures, and bitcoin futures, with his expert-level knowledge of opportunities in the cannabis industry to co-found an independent Cannabis Advisory Firm, to advance investors’ participation in the cannabis, hemp, and ancillary marketplaces and provide consulting services to address client's critical issues and extract maximum value for their business as they navigate the rapidly changing marketplace. Expert is a well-known sought out speaker at events across the US and Europe, and author or contributor to numerous articles.
Expert has an impressive track record of providing leadership that maximizes revenue and growth by developing, expanding and sustaining multi-million-dollar global markets for existing products; identifying customer needs and creating new products for existing markets; and, building a world-class global business development and marketing organization that is innovative, customer-focused, and results driven in the highly regulated capital market/exchange industry in his 30+ years at Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE) and Chicago Mercantile Exchange.
|Year: 1979||Degree:||Subject: Philosophy, Criminology||Institution: Moraine Valley College|
|Years: 2019 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Co-Founder and Managing Partner||Department:||Responsibilities: A canna consultancy solving your most critical issues and extracting maximum value for your business. Its founders bring decades of experience in capital raising, cultivation, distribution, finance, and operations to your organization.|
|Years: 2016 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Advisory Board Member||Department:||Responsibilities: The Rex Foundation was created by "members of the Grateful Dead and Friends" in 1983 as a charitable non-profit organization to "proactively provide extensive community support to creative endeavors in the arts, sciences, and education." The organization is named after Rex Jackson, a Grateful Dead roadie and later road manager until his death in 1976. The Rex Foundation aims to help secure a healthy environment, promote individuality in the arts, provide support to critical and necessary social services, assist others less fortunate than ourselves, protect the rights of indigenous people and ensure their cultural survival, build a stronger community, and educate children and adults everywhere.
In pursuit of its Mission, the Rex Foundation Board established the following Guiding Principles and Values:
Support organizations committed to grassroots action.
Identify entities doing good work that might otherwise be overlooked.
Help people who are helping others and are trying to make a difference.
Benefit the broader community and the broader good.
Respect individual rights and differences.
Respect traditional wisdom cultures.
Be a catalyst for change where our involvement helps leverage greater impact.
Provide support beyond direct funding by boosting the visibility of the recipient’s work.
Help people develop bold new solutions to problems.
Exercise appropriate risk-taking while practicing trust, inclusiveness and open-mindedness.
Promote an active, informed citizenry.
|Years: 2020 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Community Volunteer||Department:||Responsibilities: Part of a volunteer group that tends to the barn animals. 2-3 mornings of my week are spent arriving early to feed the horses, goats and chickens. There is a 2 year old mare, a 20 year old retired male rodeo horse, 1 miniature horse, 2 goats and henhouse full of chickens. We then clean the stalls, groom the horses inside the barn and weather permitting, lead them to pasture. I love the purpose in it and it certainly sharpens being mindful.|
|Years: 2011 to 2019||Employer: Cboe Global Markets||Title: Senior Managing Director||Department:||Responsibilities: Led global business development for futures; owned global promotion of Cboe’s roster of proprietary products, including VIX options and futures, SPX options, corporate bond index futures, and bitcoin futures; drove international growth and spearheaded West Coast expansion. CBOE Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: CBOE) is the holding company for Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE), the CBOE Futures Exchange (CFE), and other subsidiaries. CBOE, the largest U.S. options exchange and creator of listed options,
• Achieved14 years of significant growth, as a product innovator and index leader, by conceiving and implementing an innovative approach to promote volatility as a portfolio diversifier and separate asset class of products. Convinced clients to “use VIX in the Mix” of investment instruments in their business strategy. Expanded the Cboe Futures Exchange into a department with separate budget, board and regulatory group.
• Managed organizational, process and technology changes resulting from acquisition of BATS by identifying new opportunities for product development and regional growth; leveraging strengths of combined resources; redefining roles and territories; and creating business development strategies to introduce products to a wide array of new clients; leading to expansion to the West Coast.
• Achieved growth and educated clients by sponsoring and speaking at industry and finance conferences, and volatility and VIX specific events, in the US and Europe. Topics include traditional asset management, crypto, cannabis, FinTech and machine learning.
• Worked closely with Cboe’s customers to assess needs, select products that provided the maximum benefit, bring opportunities to the company for new products, and own development of new products from concept to execution.
• Oversaw process on how to approach the market, identify liquidity providers, and deploy incentives to attract liquidity, while remaining flexible
|Years: 2006 to 2011||Employer: Cboe Global Markets||Title: Director of Business Development||Department:||Responsibilities: Made recommendations to senior management for new products based on opportunities identified in the market; and, for changes in operations to lower costs, improve efficiency and increase productivity.|
|Years: 2004 to 2006||Employer: Cboe Global Markets||Title: Senior Business Analyst||Department:||Responsibilities: Advanced and promoted the Chicago Futures Exchange to sell-side and buy-side customers. Led global business development team in promoting volatility as an asset class. Presented at various events and conferences world wide
|Years: 1987 to 2003||Employer: TradeLink||Title: Broker/ Trader/ S&P 500 Futures||Department:||Responsibilities: Independent trader and lead broker for some of the industry’s leading proprietary trading firms.