Expert in Equity, Business and Technology
Expert ID: 735586 Arizona, USA
|Year: 2016||Degree: MBA||Subject: General Management, Technology||Institution: Cornell University|
|Year: 2012||Degree: MS||Subject: Information Security and Risk Management||Institution: Norwich University|
|Year: 2006||Degree: BComm||Subject: Computer Network Engineering||Institution: Ryerson University|
|Years: 2018 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: CEO||Department:|
Responsibilities:- Multi-venture company that owns and operates digital properties (websites + cryptocurrencies) and physical properties (real estate)
- Providing consulting and advisory services to global companies in the following fields: data science, financial technology, executive leadership, information security, blockchain technology, cryptocurrencies, financial engineering, and product development.
- Clients include KPMG, Boston Consulting Group, Accenture, Bain & Company, McKinsey, NetSuite, Oliver Wyman, and many small to medium size enterprises looking for accelerated growth and expansion. Portfolio available at https://www.baselismail.com/consulting/
|Years: 2012 to 2018||Employer: American Express||Title: Director, Product Engineering and Data Science||Department: Global Corporate Payments|
Responsibilities:- Led the Pricing Infrastructure team responsible for establishing a pricing and analytics infrastructure, enabling business insights, and imposing statistical and analytical rigor in our advanced financial pricing models.
- Led a core task force team to stand up a new Data Science and Big Data Analytics department; completed thorough Current State Assessment identifying rationalization and optimization opportunities and delivered Future State Proposal to executive leadership team to drive competitive advantage and increase barriers to entry while increasing customer stickiness.
- Evolved the field of analytics from simple descriptive reporting to predictive and prescriptive modeling, pushing the importance of data-driven decision making vs. solely intuition based projections.
- Developed an advanced modular-based Global Pricing Model which will improve productivity by over 75% and have introduced a scalable, adaptive, and continually iterating open-service architecture system to encourage plug & play growth.
- Improved revenue and margin forecasting by 30% by leveraging time series forecasting and advanced statistical simulation techniques.
- Deployed a cloud-based deal governance system to administer pricing exceptions; will improve productivity by 60%.
|Years: 2010 to 2012||Employer: Goldman Sachs||Title: Consulting||Department: Corporate Services and Real Estate|
Responsibilities:Led multiple large-scale data technology transformations for the supplier management group to optimize spend behavior. Responsible in establishing several financial engineering initiatives to stimulate joint vendor activity and reduce counter party risk.