Expert in Change Management, Organizational Design, BPM, Project Management Office, Planning and Performance
Expert ID: 724355 Canada
Expert is a pioneer in the delivery of innovative change management and business transformation programs to implement strategic organizational changes. He has developed a hands-on expertise in facilitating the strategic planning activities and supporting teams in reengineering initiatives: scoping, developing, implementing and evaluation against score cards KPIs.
The diversity of expertise in domains like organizational design and development, systems analysis, programs management and business processes reengineering helped him in building a Business Architect profile, important for strategic planning, business processes and performance management.
"Business planning practice and process implementation" for a general department in charge of Telecom value added services development (2010).
• Organizing and executing Leadership development program through workshops and coaching activities
• Business Planning: Business vision, Values, SWOT analysis, defined initiatives to take opportunities and transform the threats, defined the road map (transition plan), governance requirement to achieve the business vision, etc.
• Performance management: criteria, measurement, KPIs, dashboard
• Reward and Recognition program: designed and implemented to support the change implementation
Processes automation (2010).
Services development layer, project management layer with go/no-go gates, Business intelligence capabilities to manage the performance objectives, dashboard (projects progress, RFPs, action items, finance/invoicing status...), web enabled interfaces with 4 Strategic Business
Organizational Strategic Change, implementation (2007-2008).
Supervised a team, including STC engineers and consultants to design the new organizational structure for Network Sector. The new structure had mainly three strategic targets:
• First to aligning the organization on the new strategy “customer centric organization” with the introduction of the concepts of shared services, Cost centers and Profit and Lost centers (4 business units),
• Second to merge the Fixed Network organization with the Mobile Network Organization in one single network organization
• Design Key cross-functional business processes and interfaces / Single Points of Contact definitions.
Business Transformation, Senior Management Consultant .
Key projects and achievements. Business Transformation Program (3 years, US $ 45 Millions): TELCORDIA Technologies (USA) Assisted STC (Saudi Telecom Company: 22 000 employees, Top 100 companies in the world (62nd) to transform its business from monopolistic Governmental Agency to Commercial “Privatized” company and to prepare it for the deregulation and competition:
Managed “Transformation Program Implementation Projects” (05/2001 – 06/2002).
• Leading a team of 12 TELCORDIA Subject Matter Experts and more than 50 Saudi Telecom engineers
• Involved in the achievement of divers projects during 14 months: new organization structure and benefits implementation, Project Management Processes, Business Case Core Process Development and Implementation, Network Cost Modeling Analysis, Network Planning Processes, Network Engineering Processes, Network Access Processes, Network Access Operations Review Processes, PMO design and implementation.
Lead consultant for Business Processes Reengineering for Network Sector (08/2000 - 04/2001).
• Assessed BPR requirements and defined priorities with top management,
• Developed the approach and developed tools,
• Planned and conducted workshops with Business People for design and developments: Documented and assessed Present Method of Operation, designed and developed Future Method of Operation.
Lead consultant, Change Management (11/1999 - 07/2000).
• Designed, developed and implemented the Business Transformation approach
• Developed “transition plan” a road map for sustainable change and capacity building
• Developed a corporate communication strategic plan to support the change implementation
• Developed an approach for “Benefits Management” to enhance the outcome from transformation program.
Smart Service Center and Information Management System (Russian government to support Land Reform after communism (liberalization), Moscow 1995-1996).
This solution supports government agencies to manage the privatization of Real Estate. It is based on a back office-front office approach with integration trough a Hub (smart service center).
• Developed critical customer requirement,
• Supported the design of the system architecture,
• Reengineered business processes and procedures (registration and conservation of land ownership rights, cadastral registration, request services from governmental agencies),
• Developed a training plan as well as the content for user’s readiness.
|Year: 1982||Degree: MBA||Subject: Strategic Planning||Institution: Liege University - Belgium|
|Year: 1981||Degree: Commercial and Engineering Sciences||Subject: Business, Industrial Marketing, General Management||Institution: Hautes Etudes Commerciales - Liege - Belgium|
|Years: 2002 to 2010||Employer: Saudi Telecom||Title: Senior Management Advisor||Department: Network Sector||Responsibilities: Business Transformation programs
PMO implementation and management
strategic and Business planning
Coaching the Vice President and his team (GMs)
|Years: 1999 to 2002||Employer: Telcordia Technologies - USA - NJ||Title: Lead Change Management Consultant - Program Manager||Department: Business Transformation||Responsibilities: Change management expert,
Lead consultant for BPR initiatives.
|Years: 1998 to 1999||Employer: LGS Consulting Group - Canada - Montreal||Title: Senior Management Consultant||Department: Management Consulting||Responsibilities: Organizational transformation;
Business Processes Automation.
|Years: 1995 to 1998||Employer: Roche Consulting Group - Canada - Quebec||Title: Organizational Architect||Department: Information Systems and Geomatics||Responsibilities: Business analysis;
Business process reengineering;
|Years: 1991 to 1995||Employer: Ministry of Justice Canada - Quebec||Title: Organizational Transformation||Department: Transformation Program||Responsibilities: Strategic planning;
legal systems analysis.
|Years: 1991 to 1995||Agency: Ministry of Justice||Role: Organizational Architect||Description: strategic planning,
Business Process Reengineering,
|Years||Country / Region||Summary|
|Years: 1995 to 1996||Country / Region: Russia||Summary: Systems and Smart Business Center to support governement for transition from communist management system to a liberal regime.|
|Years: 1996 to 1997||Country / Region: Egypt||Summary: Implement a strategic system and implement the new environmental agency to support government in environment management planning,regulations, operation and evaluation.|
|Years: 1983 to 1991||Country / Region: Morocco||Summary: Supply chain management and processess reengineering for a mining and industrial company - world leader in phosphatos and fertilizers.|
|Years: to Present||Country / Region: Columbia||Summary: Information System analysis and Processes engineering (INGEOMINAS, Colombia-Bogota (1998).
Project manager of a team of experts to develop standards for a geoscientific information system (GIS) to support natural resources and geological information management: Assessed organizational readiness, trained customer resources on BPR and organizational design, Conducted Business processes reengineering.
|Years: 2002 to 2010||Country / Region: Saudi Arabia||Summary: Business transformation projects;
|Associations / Societies|
|PMI - He has been member of governing group for Gulf chapter - central region;
ICOM (organization and methods consultant Institute), has been member of governing group.
|Licenses / Certifications|
|Awards / Recognition|
|Awards from Saudi Telecom Company (appreciation of services)|
|Training / Seminars|
|Project management, PMO;
IT solutions vendors;
|Other Relevant Experience|