Expert in Chemical Processing
Expert ID: 735380 Florida, USA
The firm offers engineering and consulting services in sulphur, sulphur dioxide recovery, sulfuric acid design, the operation, and maintenance, and cogeneration issues. Services available include feasibility studies, technical evaluations, development of plant specifications, due diligence reviews, equipment design, expert testimony, analysis of operations for efficiency & productivity, front end engineering packages, start-up & commissioning services, economic review of operational case studies, and project engineering.
Agrifos Fertilizer, L.P.
Albright & Wilson
Arcadian Fertilizer, L.P.
Badger Design & Constructors, Inc.
Bunge Fertilizer, Inc.
Cargill Fertilizer, Inc.
Coulton Chemical Company
Crawford & Company
El Dorado Chemical, Inc.
Engineering Design & Testing, Inc.
Equipment Design & Supply
Energy & Regulatory Consultants
Fenco – SNC-Lavalian
Gabriel Chemical, Inc.
General Chemical Corporation
Gulf Coast Recycling, Inc.
Factory Mutual Engineering
Florida Power & Light Company
IMC - Agrico, Inc.
Jacobs Engineering Group
J. R. Simplot Company
Kemira Pigments, Inc.
KEMWorks Technology, Inc.
Ma’aden Wa’ad Al Shamal Phosphate Co.
Mosaic Phosphate Company
Occidental Chemical Corporation
Otto H. York Company
PCS Phosphate, Inc.
PVS Chemical Solutions, Inc.
Riaño Equipment Company
Sulphuric Acid Trading Company
Tampa Electric Company
U. S. Federal Court
Weda Bay Nickel
|Year: 2000||Degree: NA||Subject: Chemical Engineering||Institution: Polytechnic Institute of New York|
|Year: 2000||Degree: B.E.||Subject: Chemical Engineering||Institution: New York University|
|Year: 2000||Degree: A.S.||Subject: Engineering Science||Institution: State University of New York at Farmingdale|
|Years: 1991 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: President||Department:||Responsibilities: President of an engineering and consulting group specializing in sulphuric acid processes and cogeneration, which was formed in April, 1991. The firm has established clients representing significant corporate interests such as - Tampa Electric Company, Monsanto Enviro-Chem, Cargill, Factory Mutual, PCS Phosphate, Simplot, and many others. Provide reviews of spent acid sulphuric acid operations and evaluated of the benefits of an on-going program of process optimization.
Provided evaluations for future cogeneration projects and provided technical assistance in the operation of Heat Recovery Systems (HRS). Participate in due diligence reviews of cogeneration facilities and the potential sale of phosphate complexes. Provide expert testimony as Court appointed
expert in a multi-million dollar civil suit and other litigation. Provided sulfur dioxide abatement consultation and designs for removal systems.
|Years: 2006 to 2007||Employer: (Undisclosed)||Title: Senior Sulphuric Project Manager||Department:||Responsibilities: Served on the Ma’aden (Saudi Arabian Mining Company) Phosphate Project, which included the design of three 4,500 mtpd sulphur burning sulphuric acid plants, sulphur unloading and storage, sulphuric acid storage, and water treatment. Worked closely with Ma’aden’s sulphuric acid plant manager while reporting to the WP Project Director in all matters across the spectrum of the 3 billion dollar Phosphate complex.|
|Years: 1989 to 1990||Employer: Acid Engineering & Consulting||Title: Sulphuric Acid & Energy Consultant||Department:||Responsibilities: Projects included the detailed design of sulphur dioxide scrubbing (based on ammonia and caustic) systems; engineering packages for equipment replacement of an absorption and oleum tower, converter and superheaters; provided process evaluation and equipment specifications to debottleneck a 1600 STPD sulphur burning plant; Provided engineering consulting services to review the detailed design developed by a major contractor.|
|Years: 1987 to 1989||Employer: Occidental Chemical Corporation||Title: Utility Manager||Department:||Responsibilities: Responsible for the management of all utilities for a major phosphate mine and chemical processing operation. Responsibilities included monitoring utility rate design and contractual options, fuel mix, forecasting, and budget and tracking costs; monitoring and improving the energy utilization throughout the chemical complex; monitored and modeling the performance of two cogeneration units to predict and optimize unit performance; monitored power regulatory issues before the Florida Public Service Commission.|
|Years: 1986 to 1987||Employer: Occidental Chemical Corporation||Title: Sr. Engineer - Projects||Department:||Responsibilities: Provided effective coordination of major projects and programs that are multifaceted; provided technical support to environmental litigation.|
|Years: 1980 to 1986||Employer: Occidental Chemical Corporation||Title: Sulphuric Acid Area Manager||Department:||Responsibilities: Responsible for the operation and maintenance of a 5000 STPD (2-2500 STPD units) sulphuric acid, cogeneration facility, and all shipping and receiving areas including sulphuric acid, superphosphoric acid, and general maintenance support services such as carpenters, painters, masons, insulators, and labor pool. Responsible for the overall performance of which included approximately 100 people. Major accomplishments included increased production from 4000 to 5000 STPD, improved overall complex energy efficiency, and upgraded the turbogeneration system from 12.5 to 17 Mw.|
|Years: 1979 to 1980||Employer: Occidental Chemical Corporation||Title: Sulphuric Acid Production Superintendent||Department:||Responsibilities: Responsible for the day to day operation including plant commissioning of a 4000 STPD sulphuric acid and cogeneration facility. Commissioning activities included staffing, training, preparation of operating procedures, construction punch lists, and equipment acceptance and testing.|
|Years: 1975 to 1979||Employer: Davy McKee||Title: Sr. Process Engineer||Department:||Responsibilities: Engaged in all phases of sulphuric acid plant design, including preparation of start-up procedures, start-up field assistance, flowsheet and equipment specification preparation. Responsible for sulphuric acid and SO2 removal system process design of plants for ASARCO, Olin Corporation, Getty Oil,
Chevron Chemical, Fertimex, Quimbrasil, CF Industries, and Anaconda.
|Years: 1972 to 1975||Employer: Chemical Construction Corporation||Title: Process Engineer||Department:||Responsibilities: Responsible for the process design of sulfuric acid plants for the following clients: Kennecott Copper, Namhae Chemical, Phelps Dodge, and Hecla Mining.|
|Associations / Societies|
British Sulphur Technical Steering Committee
American Institute of Chemical Engineers – Fellow Status
AIChE Central Florida Section – Engineer of the Year
AIChE Central Florida Section – Pioneer of the Industry of the Year
|Licenses / Certifications|
State of Florida Public Professional Engineering Certificate
Polk County & City of Lakeland Occupational Licenses
|Expert Witness Experience|
|Examples of Cases:
1. Served as a consultant to the Law firm representing Mississippi Phosphate Corporation. Provided technical opinions. This matter settled August 2014
2. Served as a consultant to the Law firm representing Sauereisen Corporation. This matter is pending.
3. Served as a consultant to the Law firm representing Mississippi Phosphate Corporation. Provided technical opinions. This matter settled August 2014
4. Served as a consultant to the Law firm representing Ryan Herco Products Corporation. Provided technical opinions and was deposed. This matter settled in May 2013.
5. Appointed expert to the Arbitral Tribunal to examine all technical issues involved. Provided a technical opinion in this matter. Presented testimony to the Arbitral Tribunal.
6. Served as a consultant to the Law firm representing the estate of Ronald Moyer. Provided technical consultant services to counsel. Provided a technical opinion in this matter. Litigation settled before the beginning of the trial.
7. Served as a consultant to the Law firm representing El Dorado Chemicals, Inc. Provided technical consultant services to counsel. Provided a technical opinion in this matter. Litigation settled before the beginning of the trial.
8. Served as a consultant to the Law firm representing Fluor Australia. Provided technical opinions and prepared a report and rebuttals supporting our technical opinions. Presented testimony to the Arbitral Tribunal.
9. Served as a consultant to the Law firm representing Monsanto Enviro-Chem Systems. Provided technical consultant services to counsel. Litigation was dismissed by the court. No testimony prepared in this matter.
10. Served as a consultant to the Law firm representing Freeport-McMoRan Resource Partners. Provided technical opinions and prepared two reports supporting our technical opinions. The expert was deposed twice in this matter. Litigation settled before the beginning of the trial.
11. Served as a Court-Appointed Expert pursuant to Rule 706 of the Federal Rules of Evidence. Served as an Expert to the Court with respect to the technical and scientific aspects of the litigation. Prepared two reports are pursuant to the directions of the Court. The Expert was deposed by both parties. Litigation settled before the beginning of the trial.