Expert in Combustion, Burner Design, Heat Transfer and Fluid Mechanics
A recognized expert in combustion and related proficiencies, Expert is named as an inventor on 23 granted U.S. patents and has authored or co-authored over 20 publications that have appeared in technical journals, conference proceedings and trade magazines.
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: New York, New York - Yonkers, New York - Newark, New Jersey - Jersey City, New Jersey - Paterson, New Jersey - Elizabeth, New Jersey - Trenton, New Jersey - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Allentown, Pennsylvania - Baltimore, Maryland
|Year: 1998||Degree: PhD||Subject: Mechanical Engineering||Institution: Lehigh University|
|Year: 1987||Degree: MS||Subject: Mechanical Engineering||Institution: Lehigh University|
|Year: 1983||Degree: BS||Subject: Mechanical Engineering||Institution: Lehigh University|
|Years: 2017 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Manager: Combustion Technology Development||Department: Advanced Technology||Responsibilities: • Global oversight of oxy-fuel combustion technology development portfolio for manufacturing and energy industries.
• Management of combustion development engineers and technicians.
• Ownership of combustion technology intellectual property portfolio.
• Head of safety for combustion laboratories.
• Combustion technology development lead for glass and energy/power applications.
|Years: 1998 to 2017||Employer: Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.||Title: Senior Research Associate||Department: Advanced Technology||Responsibilities: • Development of proprietary oxygen-enhanced combustion technology for industrial heating, melting and power generation.
• Development of air-fuel combustion technology for support of hydrogen and carbon monoxide formation in steam-methane reformers.
• Management of technology development from idea generation through commercialization.
• Project leader and principal designer of Air Products’ multi-fuel, pilot-scale Clean Energy Combustion Laboratory.
|Years: 1997 to 1998||Employer: Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.||Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer||Department: Machinery Engineering||Responsibilities: • Develop instrumentation and procedures for measuring condensation within intercoolers of centrifugal air compressors.
• Develop steam turbine performance test procedures and measurement uncertainty analysis.
|Years: 1987 to 1996||Employer: Lehigh University||Title: Research Engineer||Department: Energy Research Center||Responsibilities: • Development of new techniques for clean and efficient combustion of fossil fuels for the generation of electric power.
• Technology transfer to electric power utility industry personnel via teaching of short courses, writing of technical papers and reports, and presentation at industrial symposia.
|Associations / Societies|
|Awards / Recognition|
|Distinguished Engineer - Air Products and Chemicals|
|Publications and Patents Summary|
|A recognized expert in combustion and related proficiencies, Expert is named as an inventor on 23 granted U.S. patents. He has authored or co-authored over 20 publications that have appeared in technical journals, conference proceedings and trade magazines.|
|Responsible for vendor selection for combustion and pollution control equipment for $6MM (2010 basis) pilot-scale combustion test facility (see Other Relevant Experience, below)|
|Other Relevant Experience|
|Led the design, construction and commissioning of a state-of-the-art 6 MW-thermal pilot-scale combustion test facility.
Experienced in design of deflagration venting equipment for high-temperature and high pressure combustion applications in conformity with NFPA 68.
Experienced in combustion and gasification reactor design for slagging fuels.
Experienced in design of water-jacketed combustion equipment.
Experienced in all aspects of oxygen-enhanced combustion.
Experienced in diagnosing and correcting causes of combustion instability
Familiarity with NFPA 86