Expert in Commodity Futures, Options Trading, Electronic Trading Issues and CFTC, NFA and CMEGroup Rules and Regulations
He has been retained by futures exchanges to review their investigations and by trading firms that have been the subject of investigations.
He conducts top-notch analyses of futures and options-related issues.
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: Chicago, Illinois - Rockford, Illinois - Aurora, Illinois - Naperville, Illinois - Joliet, Illinois - Elgin, Illinois - South Bend, Indiana - Gary, Indiana - Milwaukee, Wisconsin - Kenosha, Wisconsin
|Year: 1974||Degree: B.A.||Subject: Economics||Institution: North Park University|
|Years: 2016 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Owner||Department:||Responsibilities: Expert analysis of:
• futures and options trading
• margin issues
• electronic trading issues
• compliance with CFTC, NFA and Exchange Rules and Regulations.
Expert serves as an excellent communicator of complex trading issues in terms that are understandable to an audience of persons not familiar with futures and options.
|Years: 2010 to 2016||Employer: CFTC Division of Clearing and Risk||Title: Risk Analyst||Department: Stock Indexes||Responsibilities: Expert conducted risk reviews of the largest S&P 500 stock index futures and options traders in the United States. He was also responsible for stress-testing futures and options positions. He conducted margins portfolio analyses as well.
• Conducted in-person risk reviews of the largest and most successful futures and option traders in the world
• Conducted stress tests of all reportable accounts to identify and deal with excessive risk
|Years: 1989 to 2010||Employer: CFTC Division of Market Oversight||Title: Trade Practice Analyst||Department:||Responsibilities: Expert conducted Rule Enforcement Reviews of all U.S. Futures and Options Exchanges to determine whether they were adequately enforcing their rules. He supervised a staff of 12 investigators in this role.
Expert determined whether Exchanges took proper disciplinary action and testified as an expert in federal court.
• Supervised a staff of 12 investigators examining trade data to find violations of the Commodity Exchange Act
• Led the Chicago portion of Rule Enforcement Reviews of the major futures exchanges – Determined whether Exchanges took proper disciplinary action
• Testified as an expert in federal court
• Prepared CFTC Chairman Gensler for his testimony before Congress regarding the Flash Crash in 2010
• Served as expert trading consultant to CFTC Administrative Law Judge
• Gave multi-day training classes to new CFTC employees
|Years: to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title:||Department:||Responsibilities: Additional Background Experience: Independently represented the CFTC on special projects in foreign countries including the following:
• Canada – Worked with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police on an investigation of illegal trading on the Winnipeg Grain Exchange -testified as an expert witness
• The Philippines – Directed staff of the Philippine SEC in an investigation of corrupt practices at the Manila Futures Exchange. The investigation resulted in the closure of the Exchange.
• Ethiopia – Worked to help launch of a new commodity futures exchange in the capital of Ethiopia, Adis Ababa. Gave a presentation to exchange staff and government employees there on how to run a compliance program
|Years: 1989 to 2016||Agency: US Commodity Futures Trading Commission||Role: Risk Analyst and Trade Practice Analyst||Description: (Undisclosed)|
|Years||Country / Region||Summary|
|Years: 2004 to 2004||Country / Region: Philippines||Summary: Directed staff of Philippines SEC in an investigation of the Manila Futures Exchange,|
|Years: 2008 to 2008||Country / Region: Ethiopia||Summary: Trained regulatory staff for opening of Ethiopia Commodity Exchange|
|Expert Witness Experience|
|Testified as an expert witness for the CFTC Division of Enforcement in two proceedings.|
|Training / Seminars|
|Conducted new employee seminars at the CFTC to teach new employees the basics of futures and options trading.|