Expert in Construction Management
Expert ID: 732965 New York, USA
His skills as an Estimator, Construction Accountant and Construction Procedure expert give him the ability to add real value for his clients to help them manage their projects to deliver a profitable outcome for them and a favorable end product for their clients.
Construction Businesses face a lot of challenges when trying to manage their budget. Income Taxes, Insurance Audits, Sales Tax or No Sales Tax? Is it a Cap Improvement or not? Sometimes, an insurance audit alone can take down a business. Or an Insurance Claim in a situation where your broker wrote the wrong policy with too many exclusions. Expert has extensive experience in these fields and have literally saved many construction firms and related business from closure and bankruptcy. If you don't have someone who knows how to work within the system to create a fair balance for both the tax dept or insurance carrier, there can be a problem that grows behind the scenes like a cancer then one day it becomes priority # 1 and nobody has a solution. He works with Insurance Brokers and CPA's acting as his clients' CFO Supervisor to ensure that everything is set up correctly and planned well ahead for, so that these things do not cause the demise of the company.
Today, construction plans are not designed with the architect owning the responsibility the way they used to. So, in turn, we have situations where you cannot simply just do a take off and send in a price. Expert specializes in working with Estimators to determine cost and to interpret the notes on the plans and develop a list of exclusions, RFI's and high risk requirements so that the project doesn't turn into a liability for the contractor, or any party on the project.
He has worked with many General Contractors and Subcontractors to help them find new business by restructuring their Marketing and Sales Strategies and redesigning Marketing and Sales materials and improving the company's overall image and presentation.
On projects where there is a risk of loss, threats of back charges or a lack of understanding of codes and standards, he becomes involved to determine who is in the right and how to position his clients in a way that protects them from loss in a certain scenario. Expert has sat for depositions and proven construction claims totaling $2,000,000 in once specific case by sifting through 1,400 pages of construction documents and telling the story of the project and how the costs became due. Sometimes it becomes too complicated and there is a need to go to court. In those instances, he works closely with attorneys to build a case for the clients and defend their receivables.
|Year: 2006||Degree: BS||Subject: Facilities Management||Institution: St John's University New York|
|Year: 2006||Degree: BS||Subject: Business Administration||Institution: St John's University New York|
|Years: 2007 to 2016||Employer: The Borea Group||Title: President||Department: Management||Responsibilities: • Consults on Accounting, Financial, Insurance, Product/Business Development & Management for Small Businesses.
• Works closely with clients' bankers, vendors and other consultants.
• Consults on Special Projects, Managing Finances, Budget and Cost Control.
• Assists in Business Development activities for Clients such as Marketing, Branding and Product Development.
|Years: 2005 to 2006||Employer: Webman Associates LLC||Title: Chief Financial Officer||Department: Executive Management||Responsibilities: • Director of the Accounting Department, Cash Management and Banking.
• Resolved issues caused by history of poor accounting practices, and helped owners to resolve financial and business
management issues that endangered the future of the company.
• Performed audits of music artists' royalties for notable record labels such as Sony, Universal Music Group, EMI and
• Negotiated with IRS and NYS Department of Taxation to resolve previous history of income tax debt.
• Improved operational performance through enhanced procedures, internal controls, automation, data collection, and
• Changed operational infrastructure to incorporate improved business practices.
|Years: 2003 to 2005||Employer: Tax Professionals LLC||Title: Accountant||Department: Corporate Accounting||Responsibilities: Quickly excelled from Junior Accountant to COO in one year.
• Oversaw a group of twelve Accountants and over 4,000 clients.
• Oversaw the preparation of over 3,700 income tax returns in a three year period.
• Developed a solid foundation in accounting and tax return preparation for high net worth individuals and businesses with
specialization in construction accounting.