Expert in Construction/Real Estate Development
Expert ID: 736767 New York, USA
Highly accomplished and results-driven professional with 35+ years of experience in the construction and real estate development industry. Expertise in leading large-scale multimillion-dollar real estate development and construction projects. Demonstrated working knowledge of risk management practices and general safety codes—extensive background in cross-functional collaborations and interactions with insurance carriers, attorneys, and third-party inspectors.
Contract dispute resolution
Construction / Project Management
Cost Estimating / Budgeting
Field Report Generation
Cash Flow Analysis
Forecasting / Construction Cycles
Supply Chain Management
|Year: 1982||Degree: BS||Subject: Economics||Institution: University of Buffalo|
|Years: 1992 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: CEO||Department:||Responsibilities: • Successfully built over 600k sq. ft. luxury custom homes. Ranging in value from 2 million to up to 10 million. Additionally, having extensive experience in condominiums, industrial, commercial, and office construction.
• Maintain compliance with standard OSHA codes resulting in less than 1% incidence rate over an entire career.
• Knowledge of Labor Law Section 240/241 and all pertinent state and federal regulations.
• Collaborate with multiple insurance carriers to ensure coverage for subcontractors and compliance with state-mandated safety regulations.
• Broad knowledge of all aspects of construction, including defining project scope, planning, risk management, construction management, scheduling, budgeting cash flow, supply chain management.
• Review of plans and specs throughout the schematic design of pre-construction.
• Perform cost analysis and value engineering throughout the project life cycle to maintain the client’s budget.
• Work with third-party inspectors throughout project construction, commissioning, and closeout.
• Consistently adhere to construction deadlines by following through with site inspections within the determined timeline.
• Conduct risk management analysis on multimillion-dollar projects to mitigate inherent risks associated with construction.
• Expertise in forecasting and materials, leading to millions of dollars in cost savings on equipment and supplies.
|Years: 1983 to 1992||Employer: Avon Homes||Title: Construction Supervisor and Field Manager||Department:||Responsibilities: • Provided operational oversight and management for the timely construction of 650+ units, including homes and rental units throughout the NY metro. As well as Office, retail development
• Negotiated installation of sanitary pumping stations, gas mains, water mains, and drainage recharge basin contracts over $10M+.
|Associations / Societies|
|Long Island Builders Institute Board of Directors | 1995 – Present
Long Island Builders Chair, Builder/Utility Liaison Committee | 2008 – 2018
Long Island Builders Institute Home Care Fund, Board of Directors| 2001 – 2004
New York State Builders Assoc Board of Directors | 2004 – 2008
BPCA/NYS (Building Performance Contractors Assoc.) Member | 2007 – 2016
|Licenses / Certifications|
|Home Improvement License, Nassau County
Real Estate Broker
|Long Island Builders Vice-Chair, Green Builders Council |
Long Island Builders Institute President | 2001
Long Island Builders Institute Board of Directors, Chairman | 2002
|Awards / Recognition|
|NY Star | “First Energy Efficient Steel Home In New York State.”|