Expert in Control Valves
Expert ID: 733434 India
Some of his expertise is in the following areas:
a) Application engineering, sizing and selection of the right kind of control valve for the specific
b) Severe service control valve solutions
c) Noise abatement solutions
d) Cavitation prevention
e) Solutions for erosive services
f) Technical evaluation of offers from different manufacturers
g) Best cost effective solutions for severe service applications in several industries such as
refineries, petrochemicals, chemical and power plants
h) Training for your engineers in the field of control valves
Expert can assist clients in the technical evaluation of project offers, including the following:
a. Technical evaluation of offers from different manufacturers on the client's behalf.
b. This will reduce time spent by client resources to evaluate different offers from various
manufacturers. This in turn will free up several man days of client resources for better utilization.
c. The best cost economical solutions will be selected, saving a huge chunk of the proposed budget for
control valves for the project.
Expert can assist in troubleshooting of control valve issues at plant sites. He can provide solutions to control valve issues at plant site involving the following:
- Noise and associated vibration
- Corrosion of valve body/internals
- Erosion of valve body/internals
- Valve failures
- Controllability/Rangeability problems
- Solutions to severe service applications
- Trim modifications to enhance valve performance
- Selection and tuning of proper pneumatic accessories to get required opening/closing time
- Valve struck or choked due to particles/corrosion
- Control valve capacity studies for better controllability or increasing plant output
- Suggestion to increase control valve resolution by use of suitable smart positioners for more
accurate control of process parameters resulting in better end product quality
- Control valve hunting issues
- Plant and process reliability study with respect to control valves
- Partial stroke testing and Safety Instrumented System
- Retrofitting of smart positioners on control valves/dampers/on-off valves
Expert can provide customized training on control valves, because:
a. He has excellent training and communication skills.
b. He has trained hundreds of engineers within the company, as well as customers, during his
c. He has trained customers who are engineering consultants/contractors as well as various end-
He can provide training on control valves in the following areas:
ii. Valve construction
iii. Material selection for control valves
iv. Testing of control valves
v. Standards related to control valves
vi. cavitation/flashing and solutions
vii. Noise and relates solutions.
viii. Use of smart positioners on control valves
ix. Accessories for control valves
x. Tips on installation
xi. Special control valves
xii. Troubleshooting of site issues associated with control valves
He has been offering solutions for severe service control valve applications to various reputed engineering consultants from time to time. He has also offered number of solutions to control valve problems faced by end users in the following industries: Oil and Gas; Power; Refinery; Chemical; and Petrochemical.
|Year: 1981||Degree: B.Tech||Subject: Instrumentation||Institution: Madras Institute of Technology, Anna University|
|Year: 1978||Degree: B.Sc||Subject: Physics||Institution: Vivekananda College, Madras University|
|Years: 2014 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Head- Technical Training and Development||Department: Engineering||Responsibilities: • Technical training for sales and service team.
• Customer training for both EPCs and end users.
• Severe service solutions for critical applications to application engineering team.
• Solutions to site issues on control valves to service team and application engineering team.
• So far trained more than 500 engineers from 25 customers
|Years: 2011 to 2014||Employer: Emerson Process Management Chennai Private Limited||Title: Head - Application Engineering||Department: Engineering||Responsibilities: • To lead a team of six managers and 25 application engineers.
• Responsible for Projects and Expert business
• Develop managers/team leads to take up more responsibilities.
• Ensure that offers are technically and commercially most cost effective to make it competitive.
• To ensure proper pricing/discounts/strategy are applied on the quotes
• Was also responsible for bill of material creation, customer drawing generation and order entry
|Years: 2006 to 2011||Employer: Emerson Process Management - Fisher Chennai Engineering Centre||Title: Senior Manager - AP Pre-Order||Department: Engineering||Responsibilities: Reporting directly to the CEO, accountable for entire AP region for both preorder and post order. Managed the following departments: Technical, Training and Project management
• Played an important leading role in RIL JERP project, keeping the rapport with key account along with JV partner. Resulted in orders for control valves in excess of 6000 nos, at Rs 1800 M
• Training of fresh engineers and existing personnel
• Ensure best cost effective quotes
• Project Management
• Develop young engineers to take up assignments independently
|Years: 2005 to 2006||Employer: MIL Control, a KSB Company||Title: Manager - Sales Southern Region||Department: Sales||Responsibilities: • In charge of southern regional sales and marketing
• To lead a team of sales engineers and achieve targets
• Project pursuit. To ensure that MIL is included in the initial stage itself
• To keep good rapport with end users and consultants, collect advance market information to get advantage over other competitors
• To ensure targets are achieved on time
• Cost and expense control
• Conduct product presentations at customer premises for sales promotion
|Years: 1993 to 2005||Employer: Fisher Sanmar Limited||Title: Senior Manager - Applications/Key accounts/Sales||Department: Sales/Engineering||Responsibilities: • Handled RIL Hazira phase II projects that resulted in orders for over 3000 control valves worth more than Rs 900 M
• Keep good relation between the key personnel at all levels
• Project pursuit
• Project management for smooth execution of projects
• Liaison with EPC contractors for quick approval of specifications and convert each opportunity
• Interact with end users to improve Expert business across all the plants
• To lead a team of application engineers to ensure that technically and commercially clear offers are sent
• Coordinating with overseas collaborators to get technical solutions for severe service applications.
• Attend techno commercial meetings with customers to finalize offers
• Provide techno-commercial support to branch personnel
• Has solved many application related site problems associated with control valves
|Years: 1991 to 1993||Employer: Asco India Limited||Title: Assistant Manager - Applications/sales||Department: Sales||Responsibilities: • Application Engineering
• Standardize solenoid valves with major OEMs like BHEL units, control valve manufacturers, etc
• Project pursuit, sales forecasts, monthly reports
|Years: 1990 to 1988||Employer: ARESCON, Bahrain (ABB Group Co)||Title: Inside Sales Engineer||Department: Engineering/Sales||Responsibilities: • Estimation/preparation of Turnkey instrumentation offers. Selecting/ engineering of mod 30 instrumentation products, necessary accessory equipment, related instruments and supporting hardware, and submitting technically sound and competitive offers. Sizing of control panel, selecting Sub-Vendor's products, getting competitive offers for sub-vendor's products and makes comprehensive offers to clients
• Handled Neles Jamesbury valves and Hammel Dahl control valves
|Years: 1981 to 1988||Employer: Larsen and Toubro Limited||Title: Applications and Sales Engineer||Department: Sales/Applications||Responsibilities: • Application Engineering and Sale of Fisher Control Valves, Safety relief valves
• Technical support to Regional Offices, follow-up of major offers, co-ordination with principals, participating in technical evaluation meeting with customers
• Preparing monthly reports, annual forecast, giving product orientation to new personnel etc
• Keeping a good report with customers and meeting the targets
|Years||Country / Region||Summary|
|Years: 1999 to 2000||Country / Region: Rome, Italy||Summary: He was posted at Technip, Rome for finalizing the control valve specifications and to select the right control valves for the project|