Expert in Core Banking (Equation) Admin / Implementation, iSeries & Business Analysis
Expert ID: 728366 Bahrain
- Around 4 years of experience in iSeries System Administration.
- Strong knowledge of Core Banking System, Consumer, Retail and Corporate banking business, products, policies and procedures.
- Familiar with Cash Management, Risk Management, Trade Finance, Call Centre and IVR, Credit & Debit Card, E-Banking and ATM’s.
- Project Leader of Bank’s Conversion, Disaster Recovery, & Manager of i-Series & MIMIX Administration and Equation Administration, Development & IT Operation & Support Team.
- Implementation and support experience of several AS-400 based systems.
- Misys International Banking System’s Equation Ver. 3.23 to 3.82 DBA, EBS & EBA with following modules:
- Core Management
- Accounts Service
- Retail Deposits
- Retail Lending
- Security Features/System Security/Enhance Security Features
- Credit Risk Management
- Money Market
- WEBFORM (Base & Islamic Profit Distribution, FASTRACK & Analyzer)
- Trade Finance
- Global Employee System.
- General Ledger System.
- Payroll System
- Personnel Systems.
- Students Information System.
- Registration System.
- Fee Collection System
- Result Management Systems.
- Programming on AS/400 using ILE/RPG/400, CL/400, SQL/400, Query/400, and other AS/400 utilities.
- Familiarity and understanding of E-commerce tools.
- Experience of Visual Basic and Microsoft Access.
- AS-400 system and database administration (Set-up of system values, managing subsystems and jobs, security management, backup, recovery and contingency planning).
- Aptitude to meet deadlines, trouble shooting and day to day problems handling with users.
- Project Leader to implement the Misys Banking Software “Equation 3.82” including the Business Analysis, System Configuration, Parameter Setup, System Build and Testing of Implementation, Planning and Managing the conversion process, UAT and rollout plan of branches in Al-Baraka Islamic Bank Bahrain. The same has been implemented on 1st of September, 2008.
- Business Analyst of Equation core banking software, since October 2006. Successfully done Business Analysis of all module of Equation and setup products according to Business requirement in KASB Bank Pakistan & Al Baraka Islamic Bank Bahrain.
- Project Leader of Misys Banking Software “Equation 3.82” implementation including the Business Analysis, System Configuration, Parameter Setup, System Build and Testing of implementation. Leading a team who successfully converted the data of Thirty five (35), off-line branches (Oracle based system PIBAS+ data) in KASB Bank,
- Active Group Leader of team who successfully merged and converted the running banking operation of Mashriq Bank in Srilanka, to Equation 3.42 from a different plat form, acquired by Union Bank in 2004. Two branches are now online having central server in Pakistan.
- Active Team Leader of a team who successfully merged the data of ten (10) on-line branches of Emirates Bank Int. (Pakistan Operation) running on equation 3.3, with Union Bank branches, acquired by Union Bank in 2002.
- Active member of team that successfully converted the data of Twenty Four (24) off-line branches (Unix based system data) in Union Bank, with a new AS/400 based system Equation DBA 3.41 (Misys International) in 2001.
- Designed number of interfaces between Equation and third party systems likes Call centre, IVR, ATM, Data Warehousing, Collection Works, Credit Risk and Card Systems
|Year: 1990||Degree: BA||Subject: Economics||Institution: University of Karachi|
|Years: 2007 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Manager||Department: IT||Responsibilities: Project Leader Core banking system implementation, Administration of Core Banking System, Administration of 2 iSeries System i machines.
Head of Core banking systm support, Head of IT operation
|Years: 2006 to 2007||Employer: KASB Bank limited||Title: AVP||Department: IT||Responsibilities: Project Leader Core banking system implementation, Administration of Core Banking System, Administration of iSeries.
Head of Core banking systm support, Head of IT operations.
|Years: 2000 to 2006||Employer: Union Bank Limited||Title: Sr. Analyst/Developer RPG/400||Department: IT||Responsibilities:|
|Years||Country / Region||Summary|
|Years: 2007 to Present||Country / Region: Kingdom of Bahrain||Summary: Manager IT Division: Equation Products Analyst like Equation functional consultant, Head of Equation Support, Head of IT Operations, Supporting of other subsidiaries of alBaraka Group (i.e South Africa, Lebanon & Pakistan) & administration of Hardware (2 iSeries, Software & Managing of Mimix Replication are the key responsibilities at the moment.As Business Analyst, he provided detail briefing, explanations, understanding & behavior of the system on different modules and functionality to business users. Base on the understanding business users took decision and provided feedback to setup products, according to bank’s requirement.Project Leader of Misys implementation and providing of Equation related business support to users and other team members is his key responsibility, the Systems (iSeries/i5) and Core Banking Application Configuration, Parameter Setup, Testing of Implementation, Planning and Managing of the Conversion Process, UAT and rollout plan of Branches in Al-Baraka Islamic Bank, Bahrain are also included in his current responsibilities.He is also responsible for on going users and IT operation support of Equation (The core banking application).He is also responsible of all 2, i5 and 1 i-Series server administration, and MIMIX administration. Also a team leader of Disaster Recovery Planning.|
|Expert Witness Experience|
|System Integrations, Business process mappings / Intelligence, Analysis & Design, AS400 System & Database Management, Overall IT Management|
|Training / Seminars|
|AS400 Administration & opreation workshops.
RPG and ILE programming concepts workshops.
|Dealing with Misys (support staff) and/or dealing with IBM as well.|
Fields of Expertise
application system/400, business analysis, business management, computer system administration, core banking system, AS/400 control language, banking regulation, business, business development, business ethics, business process management, business process re-engineering, business system design, computer software, computer software technology innovation, computer system integration, core banking, enterprise resource planning software, merger, minicomputer, OS/400, international banking, bank procedure, accounting technology, computer system disaster recovery planning, file server, distribution management, database management, computer architecture