Expert in Cosmetic Chemistry; Beauty Products, Development (All Categories of Mass, Specialty, Prestige, and Luxury Brands)
Expert ID: 736810 New Jersey, USA
|Year: 2003||Degree: MPS||Subject: Fragrance and Cosmetics Marketing and Management||Institution: Fashion Institute of Technology|
|Year: 1993||Degree: BS||Subject: Chemistry||Institution: Georgian Court University|
|Years: 2014 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Consultant||Department: Product Development||Responsibilities:|
|Years: 2006 to 2014||Employer: Batallure Beauty||Title: Vice President||Department: Product Development||Responsibilities: Crucial role in developing this start-up company from the ground up and into a multi-million dollar enterprise through new business alliances and 500+ SKUs for select brands in the North American, Canadian, European, and Asian markets.
Developed fine fragrance, personal care, color cosmetics, edibles, and home fragrance within the retail environment for Ann Taylor, Abercrombie & Fitch, Abercrombie Kids, Cirefusion Therapie 135, European Wax Center, Express for her, Express for him, Hollister, Gilly Hicks, Lauren Conrad Skincare, Material Girl by Madonna, Christian Louboutin and Cracker Barrel consumer product brands.
• Facilitate the role of fine fragrance, personal care, color cosmetics, edibles, and home fragrance within the retail environment for Ann Taylor, Abercrombie & Fitch, Abercrombie Kids, Cirefusion Therapie 135, European Wax Center, Express for her, Express for him, Hollister, Gilly Hicks, Lauren Conrad Skincare, Material Girl by Madonna, Christian Louboutin, and Cracker Barrel consumer product brands.
• Research and analyze the competitive landscape for marketing, product and pricing strategies, trends, new technologies, and aspirational positioning to present clients with tactical, innovative, and rational fragrance and product ideas for brand and category growth.
• Work directly with outside manufacturers, laboratories, chemical suppliers, fragrance houses, domestic and foreign, to conceptualize and formulate prototypes, benchmarks, and new products of the highest quality and integrity under severe time restraints and cost limitations.
• Partner and collaborate with marketing to establish short and long-term strategic marketing plans with category sales, margin, and volume targets for clients.
• Develop relationships with clients by interfacing daily in a customer service capacity, ensuring their needs and expectations are met with satisfaction and concerns are addressed immediately.
• Compose product fact sheets, copy, positioning, and convey olfactive recommendations across brands.
• Ensure product documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately with all
accompanying regulation documentation within product dossiers in compliance with client
• Monitor timetables of new product launch for formula approval, claims testing, primary and
carton artwork and production dates.
• Act as a trouble-shooting expert by overcoming obstacles within product formulations through formula adjustment, chemical replacement, and/or manufacturing alteration.
• Maintain all in-house and in-store fragrance and product testing by creating product-specific
questionnaires, coordinating department data for statistical analysis, and making
recommendations based on test results to clients with proposals for short and long-term growth opportunities.
• Continually research and identify potential new business opportunities by patterning the
the competitive landscape for brand strategies, personal care growth plans, and conceptual product ideas and assist in drafting strategic business plans for prospective clients.
|Years: 2005 to 2006||Employer: Interparfums||Title: Vice President||Department: Marketing and Product Developmet||Responsibilities: Responsible for all Marketing and Product Development for the Banana Republic brand.
• Conceptualized, developed, and launched five collections comprising of fine fragrance, personal
care, and home fragrance, totaling 49-SKUs, in a seven-month time period.
• Collaborated on all further aspects of development, including design, packaging, advertising,
visual, education, merchandising, pricing and sales.
• Managed a group of four executives.
|Years: 1999 to 2005||Employer: Victoria's Secret Beauty||Title: Director||Department: Product Development||Responsibilities: Responsible for the development of new and innovative beauty products for the Victoria’s Secret Beauty franchise.
• Managed and directed the fragrance and product development process from ideation and
benchmark to commercialization for key business priorities such as fine fragrance, personal care, hair care, laundry, home fragrance and edibles for all Garden, Dream Angels, Very Sexy for Her and Him, Breathless, Pink, So Sexy, Body by Victoria, So In Love, Rapture, SPA, Lavish Laundry and Bare Bronze sub-brands.
• Managed two product development executives.
|Years: 1998 to 1999||Employer: Coty||Title: Senior Chemist||Department: Research & Development||Responsibilities: • Supervised and formulated the latest innovative lip and make-up products for Lancaster, Rimmel, Margret Astor, Miss Sporty, and Manifesto by Isabella Rossellini brands.
• Managed five chemists.
|Years: 1993 to 1998||Employer: Revlon||Title: Senior Chemist||Department: Research & Development||Responsibilities: • Responsible for seeking out new technology, inventing and formulating unique lip products,
presenting new ideas, executing shade extensions, and trouble-shooting production issues for
Revlon, Almay, Charles of the Ritz, Ultima II, and Alexandra de Markoff lip product lines.
• Sole inventor of the patented Almay One Coat Lipstick and Revlon MoistureStay.
• Co-inventor of the patented Revlon ColorStay Lip Color.
• Managed one chemist.
|Associations / Societies|
|Society of Cosmetic Chemists
Cosmetic Executive Women
Penn State University Executive Mentor, Chemistry Department
|Licenses / Certifications|
|Awards / Recognition|
|Revlon “Charlie” Award
Society of Cosmetic Chemists “Young Scientist of the Year” Award
Victoria’s Secret “Beauty’s Best” Award for Extraordinary Achievement
|Publications and Patents Summary|
Patent Pending: 1