Expert in Customer and Market Research
Expert ID: 735639 Florida, USA
Expert's client list is primarily made up of entrepreneurs and small businesses, though his skill set would pay dividends to any size organization. Industry verticals in which he has the most experience include consumer products, energy, technology, and digital marketing. Key skills include:
• Survey Data Analysis (Quantitative & Qualitative)
• Survey Design and Administration
• Data Management Planning & Execution
• Data Visualization
• Product Development
• Customer Segmentation
• Marketing Strategy
• Business Planning
• Location Analysis (GIS)
• Persona Development
• Customer Journey Mapping
Expert has deep experience using diverse tools across many of these skills including Microsoft Office, SPSS, R, Tableau, Power BI, ArcGIS, QGIS, Python, and many others... Expert is also a seasoned user of primary data sources informing estimates used in market analysis such as population, labor force, age cohort, use of technology and social media, attitudes and behaviors, and additional indicators.
Reach out to him if you are looking for someone to assist in either bringing a product to market, expanding an existing product, or struggling with managing critical data effectively.
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: Panama City, Panama
|Year: 2004||Degree: MS||Subject: Community and Regional Planning (Spec: Economic Development)||Institution: University of Texas at Austin|
|Year: 1994||Degree: BA||Subject: Sociology (Concentration in Analysis and Research) & Latin American Studies||Institution: University of Wisconsin-Madison|
|Years: 2017 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Sole Proprietor||Department:||Responsibilities: Sole proprietor of business providing research and consulting services to entrepreneurs and small business owners.
• Conduct research providing market intelligence on potential products, market potential, and to inform business strategy
• Perform competitive analysis based on market competitors including product mix, market penetration, and key strategies
• Acquire through internet research key data sources for the use of analysis or the development of infographics
• Assist clients in the areas of project and program management including dashboards and data management plans
|Years: 2016 to 2016||Employer: Cadmus||Title: Senior Associate||Department: Energy Services Division||Responsibilities: Lead energy efficiency program evaluations for a consultancy focused on electric utility program portfolios. Additional duties included serving as technical lead for proposal development and strategic business development.
• Coordinate collaborative development of evaluation plans with utility personnel and implementation contractors
• Develop budgets for potential project work based on solicitations through engagement with cross-functional teams
• Provide technical assistance to project staff related to the development of research approaches and business processes
• Engage in business development activities through engagement with potential clients including proposal and negotiation stages
|Years: 2012 to 2016||Employer: Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance (NEEA)||Title: Senior Manager, Market Research and Evaluation||Department: Product Management, Planning, and Evaluation||Responsibilities: Manage and direct market research and evaluation work through five project managers to benefit non-profit organization focused on market transformation through the adoption of energy-efficient practices and investments.
• Provide expertise to the organization regarding methodologically sound approaches to evaluate initiative-based energy savings
• Provide direction to third party consulting contractors as appropriate within confines of best practice research methods
• Review and proofread all research, evaluation, and product development reports for publication on the organization website
• Provide direction and review for analytical work produced by staff and requested by internal/external stakeholders
|Years: 2012 to 2012||Employer: Cambia Information Group||Title: Director||Department: Marketing Sciences||Responsibilities: Provide advanced statistical analysis and recommendations on a variety of market research projects conducted for Fortune 50 companies. Evaluate analytical techniques and make recommendations for use to management.
• Conduct statistical analyses including factor analysis, bivariate and multivariate regression, and other procedures as appropriate
• Develop recommendations on sample design, weighting and expansion methodologies for applicable projects
• Perform segmentation analysis and recommendations for clients seeking to enhance their position through product offerings
• Implement data processing improvement recommendations based on analysis and use of best practice techniques
|Years: 2007 to 2012||Employer: Austin Energy||Title: Senior Manager, Market Research and Product Development||Department: Distributed Energy Services||Responsibilities: Promoted to lead a staff of eight professionals engaged in market research and product development for Austin Energy customers, including customer research, segmentation, and identification of program opportunities.
• Oversee nation’s # 1 voluntary renewable energy program nine years running, GreenChoice®
• Manage the operation of continuously fielded residential and commercial satisfaction survey and disseminate results utility-wide
• Establish cross-functional teams to integrate customer research with marketing effectively
• Lead data warehouse development to integrate survey research, Census, program participation, and housing appraisal data
|Years: 2005 to 2007||Employer: Austin Energy||Title: Product Development Coordinator||Department: Distributed Energy Services||Responsibilities: Produce feasibility studies and business plans supporting the introduction of new products and services; provide support role evaluating economic development efforts for the City of Austin, Texas.
• Established an evaluation process for financial incentives to relocating firms based on economic impact methodologies
• Collaborate with market research personnel to design surveys for use in evaluating potential product offerings
• Analyzed electric usage data and customer characteristics to develop segmentation models informing marketing strategies
• Developed presentations highlighting research methodologies and findings to executive-level personnel
|Years: 2000 to 2004||Employer: NuStats Partners||Title: Statistician/Project Manager||Department: Statistical Services||Responsibilities: Responsible for management of cross-functional teams at research firm engaged in market research, market segmentation, economic, and statistical analysis informing strategies for corporate and public-sector clients.
• Coordinated work with third-party subcontractors involved in telephone surveys and focus group research
• Established development of innovative sampling methodology using directory-assisted random digit dialing (RDD)
• Evaluated business opportunities, produced proposals for solicitations, and provided financial analysis for bidding strategies
• Delivered presentations to management regarding methodological innovations and potential market opportunities
Selected Specific Market Research Projects:
• United States Postal Service Household Diary Study (USPS), 2000-2004: Provided statistical analysis and support for household survey collecting data on volumes and types of mail received and sent; included sample design and management, data collection reporting, data analysis, and report development.
• WMATA Customer Satisfaction Survey (Washington Area Transit Authority), 2002-2004: Conduct survey of core transit riders in the Washington (DC) area to solicit preferences regarding system reliability, comfort, service, safety, and maintenance; included methodology to combine satisfaction and importance metrics.
• Fiesta Markets Customer Research (Dallas-Ft Worth), 2003: Conduct market research survey for Fiesta Mart grocery stores in Texas (USA). Specific tasks included data quality control, project reporting and analysis, estimation of customer demand, market trends, and market segmentation.
• Alaska Fisheries Marine Sportfishing Economic Survey (NOAA), 2002-2003: Managed mail-based market research survey to estimate demand forecast of fishing activity through a conjoint-based survey for management of Alaskan fisheries, including statistical reporting and interpretation.
|Years: 1997 to 2000||Employer: Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development||Title: Labor Economist||Department: Local Workforce Planning||Responsibilities: Managed market research and economic analysis projects with a staff of eight regional economists.
• Provided comprehensive feasibility studies for prospective out-of-state employers interested in relocating to Wisconsin
• Delivered presentations on labor market trends and economic analyses to internal and external stakeholders
• Conducted regional economic analysis including demand forecasting, labor market segmentation, and time series analysis
• Collaborated with stakeholders to develop successful economic development plans during a period of severe labor shortage
|Years: 1997 to 2000||Agency: Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development||Role: State Labor Economist||Description: Managed market research and economic analysis projects with team of economists and labor market analysts; provided economic analysis to media, other government agencies, economic development personnel and private businesses.|
Fields of Expertise
quantitative research, consumer survey, conjoint analysis, sampling plan, linear regression, multiple regression function, factor analysis, customer segmentation, market segmentation, B2B market research, consumer marketing, marketing strategy, business research, competitive analysis, competitive benchmarking, custom market research, economic market development, energy market analysis, strategic market planning, electricity market, electricity market structure, energy market development, market assessment, market forecasting, market opportunity analysis, market research, market potential, market value, new product market survey, lithium battery, geographic information system, data management, data science, data analysis, data processing, analytical data quality assurance, data dictionary, database design, database development, database management, SQL database, renewable energy system, renewable resource, solar energy, wind energy, battery storage, electric power, electric power utility, electric vehicle battery, hybrid electric vehicle