Expert in Cyber Security, Information Technology
Operations and Information Technology expert in the design and delivery of cost-effective, high performance technology solutions in support of rapid growth with P&L responsibility of $25 million annually. Skilled in all phases of the business initiative cycle, from initial viability and theoretical design through implementation and ongoing augmentations. Effective at building team oriented divisions with outstanding business process and strategy skills. Customer-centric with the ability to originate cost-effective alliances with key customer and vendors.
Core competencies include:
Cyber Security Consultant Cyber Security Compliance Program Development
Strategic & Tactical Technology Planning IT Infrastructure Design & Implementation
Technology & Business Linkage Planning Voice/Data Telecommunications & VoIP
Emerging Technologies Capital Planning & Budget Responsibility
Outsourcing Models Systems Integration & Process Improvement
Expert is a Information Technology expert with 26 years of experience in the design and delivery of cost-effective, high performance technology solutions in support of rapid growth. Past P&L responsibility of $25 million annually. Skilled in all phases of the business initiative cycle, from initial viability and theoretical design through implementation and ongoing augmentations. Effective at building team oriented divisions with outstanding business process and strategy skills. Customer-centric with the ability to originate cost-effective alliances with key customer and vendors.
Apple Certified Associate – Apple Inc. License
Six Sigma Certification
Inc. * CompTIA Security+ – Information Security Certification * Sophos Certified Engineer * EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker
Proprietary Cyber Security annual plan for compliance with SEC OCIE recommendations date April 2014.
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: Denver, Colorado - Colorado Springs, Colorado - Aurora, Colorado - Fort Collins, Colorado - Arvada, Colorado - Westminster, Colorado - Boulder, Colorado - Greeley, Colorado - Longmont, Colorado - Cheyenne, Wyoming
|Year: 1991||Degree: Bachelor of Science||Subject: Computer Science||Institution: Texas A&M University|
|Years: 2014 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Cyber Security Expert||Department:||Responsibilities: Specializes in Cyber Security and Compliance. Based in Colorado since 2004, offers businesses the ability to implement cyber security that protects company assets from hackers and other threats. We provide comprehensive solutions. Businesses can no longer protect wired and wireless networks
with simple security solutions. They must deploy a proactive defense. We have innovative solutions
including SEIM technology options
Executive team member acting as lead cyber security and compliance consultant. Directs all aspects of the
business including managed services, sales, marketing and accounting.
+ Developed proprietary Cyber Security Framework to comply with SEC-OCIE governance for financial
+ Consults with small and medium sized businesses on all aspects of cyber security.
+ Developed managed services offering with and emphasis on cyber security.
+ Develops and maintains technical partner relationships to integrate into company offerings, and Increasing
revenue streams from current clients.
+ Compliance for HIPPA, PCI, GLBA and other regulatory agencies including the SEC.
|Years: 2016 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: FAA Certified Drone Pilot||Department:||Responsibilities: Drone pilot providing aerial video and photography for the following:
- Real Estate
- Golf Course
- Construction Sites
- Business Sites
|Years: 2013 to 2013||Employer: Sharpline Capital||Title: Operations Director||Department:||Responsibilities:|
|Years: 2009 to 2013||Employer: Sharpline Capital||Title: Head of Internal Operations/Corporate Treasurer||Department:||Responsibilities: Executive team member who directs all accounting, customer service and IT resource planning, budgeting and operational initiatives for this $25 million, 30 employee supply chain management company. Hold
autonomous decision-making authority for all IT development and expansion issues with a focus on IT organization design, voice and data communications, systems integration, emerging technologies, enterprise architectures, and data security. Managed up to 7 direct reports and 30 indirect professionals. Report to the President.
• Implemented cyber security initiatives including security information and event monitoring, vulnerability testing, policies and procedures.
• Overhauled the corporate line of business application to reduce man-hours needed to support customers and vendors by 20%.
• Utilized technology and process refinement to increase revenue from $17 million to $25 million without increasing employee count.
• Led a series of upgrades and application enhancements, including the replacement of obsolete systems and hardware with newer LAN/WAN technology completing on time and long term savings estimates at $2 million dollars.
• Streamlined the IT governance process, reducing project costs by better controlling the budget and prioritizing unjustified and unreported projects. Standardized the IT vendors to reduce cost and time.
• Customized and launched Salesforce.com to the sales field to increase sales pipeline visibility.
• Streamlined process that enters 200,000 paper invoices annually and saved $1 million over 5 years.
• Reduced the daily sales outstanding performance metric from 30 days down to 22 days increasing cash flow.
|Years: 2001 to 2009||Employer: Sharpline Capital||Title: Director of Information Technology||Department:||Responsibilities: Formulated all domestic IT strategies and managed a server room with a $500K budget. Responsible for development and modification efforts of 9 applications and used by 30 users to provide service to the customer. Collaborated with sales, customer service, accounting, data entry and external clients to define system requirements and develop cost-effective practical solutions. Managed up to 5 information technology professionals.
• Chief architect of fully integrated critical business system that encompassed 9 major modules for 25 internal and 5 external users.
• Facilitated the sale of the company based exclusively on critical business system.
• Continuously refined line of business applications to facilitate company growth from $7 million to $17 million in annual sales.
• Identified hardware inefficiencies and implemented virtualization technology to reduce hardware cost by 50%.
• Fully integrated VoIP technology to reduce telecommunication costs by 70%.
• Established and managed Mac OS X and iOS integration into business environment.
|Years: 1996 to 2001||Employer: OI Analytical||Title: Systems Integrator/Network Engineer||Department:||Responsibilities: Recruited as primary consultant with responsibility for overseeing all activities relating to the primary business network for a $30 million manufacturing company. Other responsibility included AS/400 network integration and user help desk services. Managed the infrastructure and technologies that supported 150+ users across 3 geographical locations. Interacted with management, technical staff and vendors to plan and deliver all network functions.
• Designed and led the development of real time network analytics to maintain network uptime of 99.9%.
• Conducted massive overhaul to implement core network services to all users. Increased employee efficiency by 10%.
• Designed and maintained server room infrastructure.
• Integrated windows based customer relationship manager with AS/400 decreasing entry costs by 13%.
|Years: 1991 to 2001||Employer: OI Analytical||Title: Owner/ Consultant||Department:||Responsibilities: Designed and developed custom integrated IT solutions. Including application development, network design and hardware recommendations.
• Designed and maintained customer applications written in Visual Basic with database connection to Access.
• Conducted needs analysis to determine software and application requirements for both large and small customers.
• Partnered with local vendors to provide integrated hardware server solutions.
|Years: 1992 to 1996||Employer: OI Analytical||Title: Network Engineer||Department:||Responsibilities:|
|Years: 1988 to 1991||Employer: OI Analytical||Title: Programmer||Department:||Responsibilities: Utilized C and Unix on Sun workstations to develop applications using proprietary parsing technology. Created scripts in Unix to run nightly maintenance functions.|
|Associations / Societies|
|Licenses / Certifications|
|Certified Ethical Hacker - EC Council
Security+ - CompTIA