Expert in Digital Transformation, Technology and SaaS Martech Platform Strategy, Customer Experience, and Software/IT/Data Science/Analytics Engineering
Expert ID: 736471 California, USA
Expert has led and transformed several hundred highly distributed teams across Engineering, Testing, Product Management, Analytics and Data Science with a leadership style that fosters transparency, inclusion and constant knowledge development. His near and off-shore team building and management experience includes Central and South America (Colombia, Argentina, Costa Rica, Mexico), India, East Europe (Serbia and Belarus), and Asia (China and Vietnam). Expert is a continuous learner and has an academic footing with a joint MSc Computer Science from CMU, UMass Amherst, and KIT, business certification in Innovation & Strategy from the MIT Sloan School, a data science certificate from the Harvard Extension school and a business analytics certification from the Wharton School.
Expert is a thought leader in the marketing technology space and has been an ongoing contributor to publications such as eMarketer, Digiday, Magenta, a sought after technology specialist, as well as a member of advisory boards with industry leaders such as Adobe, Acquia, Sitecore and the alike.
Shaped 500 people Engineering teams, refined $200M IT P&Ls, and operated commercial platforms at $5B revenue. Directed tech strategy to realization for several Fortune 50s and their full-stack CX/EX digital transformation initiatives. Digital visionary with intimate in-house experience at digital role models Google, Apple, Amazon, Netflix and Nike. Trusted advisor to corporate CXOs, SMBs, start-ups, platforms and investors for omni-channel marketing technology. Repeatedly amplified technical execution speed through cost-effective near-shore studios and strategic IT partners.
Areas of Expertise:
Technical Leadership and Platform Development
Technology/Product/Big Data/Analytics Strategy
Digital Transformation and Change Management
Enterprise Architecture & IT Alignment
Next-Gen Customer and Employee Experience
IT Vendor Selection and Optimization
Agile, Product-led, KPI-driven IT Organization Design
Cloud Operation, Observability and Disaster Recovery
Distributed Near-shore/Off-shore Talent Build-Up
P&L Management & Budget Planning (TBM)
|Year: 2019||Degree: Certification||Subject: Business Analytics, From Data to Insights||Institution: Wharton Business School|
|Year: 2019||Degree: Certification||Subject: Data Science||Institution: Harvard Extension School|
|Year: 2017||Degree: Certification||Subject: Executive Business Education Certification, Strategy & Innovation||Institution: MIT Sloan School of Management|
|Year: 2006||Degree: Master of Science (M.Sc.)||Subject: Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence & Web-based Systems||Institution: Carnegie Mellon University, UMass Amherst & Karlsruhe Insitute of Technology|
|Year: 2002||Degree: Bachelor of Business (B.Sc.)||Subject: Computer Science||Institution: Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany|
|Years: 2019 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Global SVP of Engineering||Department:|
Responsibilities:Global technology leader for all digital D2C, B2C and B2B touchpoints including e-commerce, retail experience, and omni-channel; leading 500+ team and 20+ external partners in 7 Engineering hubs including China. Reported to CFO.
• Boosted production SLAs and release velocity of $5B B2C e-comm .com business, omni-channel systems, and flagship retail store experiences by build-up of new capabilities including SRE, DevOps, Continuous Delivery & QA
• Championed operationalization of two new cost-effective Engineering development hubs in Gurgaon, India and Bogota, Colombia to establish 24/7 follow-the-sun engineering model at 40% of usual talent cost
• Negotiated $200M Salesforce umbrella contract and consolidated IT partner (20+) roster for 30% cost savings
• Spearheaded product-led, KPI-driven operating model to optimize value creation between IT and business (TBM)
|Years: 2018 to 2019||Employer: Bain Capital||Title: CTO and SR Technology Advisor||Department:|
Responsibilities:Hands-on Chief Technology Officer for new digital accelerator holding company and Senior technology advisor to portfolio companies. Lead of mission-critical internal IT initiatives including portfolio data coop (CDP) and BI solution.
• Performed CTO leadership for turnkey best-in-class digital platform with e-commerce, supply chain, and omni-channel marketing automation as blueprint for D2C acquisitions into Bain’s digital accelerator (Moment)
• Devised cloud-based business intelligence and analytics tool enabling data-driven diligence, acquisition and underwriting practice using first-, second- and third-party data reducing human analyst costs by over 90%
• Led portfolio-wide Customer Data Platform and co-op initiative to pool over 500M customer data records
• Advised Bain’s portfolio companies CXOs (e.g. Michael’s, Blue Nile, Tom Shoe’s etc) on engineering, talent strategy, digital marketing, product management and data science topics with a strong outcome focus
|Years: 2018 to 2018||Employer: SweetGreen||Title: Chief Information Officer (Interim)||Department:|
Assessed and evolved engineering, data science and IT department, digital platform, and cyber security strategy.
|Years: 2010 to 2018||Employer: Huge||Title: President, Technology||Department:|
Responsibilities:In-house career progression from hands-on Engineer/Architect to global technology practice lead. Trusted technology advisor to executives of Fortune 100s. Led Enterprise accounts Google, Apple, Nike, Toyota, Zelle, Hulu, McDonalds. Reported to CEO.
• Scaled globally distributed engineering team from 100 to 400 including full-stack engineering, QA and product management; first Engineer on the ground to establish two Colombia-based development studios (today 200ppl)
• Served as chief technology strategist leading over 100+ pitches with CXO audience; global management of strategic technology partnerships; member of the partner advisory board with Adobe, Acquia and Sitecore
• Oversaw and delivered agency’s key technology successes (>$10M implementation fees) including Zelle P2P payment app, Nike Run With Me, Hulu.com, McDonalds Global In-Store Kiosk, Apple’s Assistant App, Lexus.com
|Years: 2015 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Founder and Technology Advisor||Department:|
Responsibilities:Advising SMBs, platform providers and investors on tech strategy, technical diligence, and digital growth strategies.
|Years: 2007 to 2010||Employer: Fatasy||Title: Global Director of Technology||Department:|
Responsibilities:Matured from entry Software Engineer position to the global technology discipline head. Established agency’s technical delivery, program management and SDLC process. Acquired clients such as MTV, AT&T, HTC and Comcast. Reported to CEO.
• Acted as Chief Enterprise architect and lead engineer for white-label social community product Kontain. Clients included Burton, Porsche and Dukati among other with $10M+ month users and $5M/year license commercials
• Built, deployed, and scaled RoadRunners’s B2C internet access portal with peaks of 300k simultaneous users
• Grew local Stockholm-based team of 12 Engineers by over 300% to a distributed global workforce of 50 technical resources with offices in US (New York, SF) and Sweden (Stockholm)
|Licenses / Certifications|
|MIT Sloan School of Management; 2015 – 2017; Executive Business Education Certification, Strategy & Innovation
Harvard Extension School; 2017 – 2019; Data Science Certification
Wharton Business School; 2019; Business Analytics Certification, From Data to Insights
Oracle Java Programmer, Agile Scrum Master/Product Owner, Adobe Experience Manager Architect/Business Practitioner
|Partner Advisory Board Member:
Adobe, Salesforce, Sitecore, Acquia, Contentful
|Other Relevant Experience|
Experience platforms: Adobe Marketing Cloud, Acquia/Drupal, Sitecore, Wordpress, Contentful
eCommerce platforms: Salesforce, IBM, Elastic Path, Hybris, Magento, Shopify, Social Commerce, Adyen
Retail technology: Stripe, Square, SAP Retail, PAR, Cisco
CRM & Marketing Automation: Salesforce, Oracle, Microsoft, Marketo, Hubspot, SessionM, Lytics
Front-end & prototyping: Vue.JS, React Native, Iconic, Node.JS, Atomic Design, Native Apps, InVision
Mobile platforms: iOS, Android, Swift, Kotlin, React Native, Flutter, Xamarin
Cloud & Observability: AWS, Azure, GCP, Firebase, Akamai, Netlify, New Relic, Datadog, Elastic, Kubernetes
Data Science, AI/ML platforms: Google Studio, TensorFlow, Anaconda, SAS, Redshift, Tableau, BigQuery
Data Analytics platforms: Adobe Analytics Cloud, Google 360, Oracle Bluekai, Power BI
Supply Chain, ERP, Fulfilment, Logistics: SAP, Netsuite, Kafka, MuleSoft, Oracle
CIO & CTO Office: Smartsheeet, Asana, LeanIX, Atlassian, Gitlab, Workday, ServiceNow, Apptio/TBM
Architecture Paradigms: Microservices, API-first/headless, SPA, Zero Trust
US and EU Citizenship
Fields of Expertise
digital transformation, Digital Transformation Strategy, technology, omni-channel marketing platforms, commercial platforms, user experience strategy, user experience, data science, analytics, leadership, leadership development, team management, team building, computer science, innovation, innovation & strategy, business analytics