Expert in Early Childhood Consultant
Expert ID: 735739 Illinois, USA
Legal Expert Witness for Court Cases. Assigned cases for review through testifying in court.
Training of childcare professionals. Work with various local childcare centers: Staff in-services, on-site technical assistance, accreditation mentoring, program evaluation, licensing/quality issues.
Reviewed and made official recommendations to Federal Program Specialist on Head Start programs throughout Region V, based on the OSPRI tool and on-site observation/evaluation.
Parent Educator. Facilitated DCFS parenting classes and the on-site home visit parent education component for families that lost custody/parental rights of their children due to abuse &/or neglect.
Computer Related Skills: Microsoft Office – Word, Notepad, Publisher, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint; Internet proficient; Adobe Acrobat; Limited Photoshop; Experience with IL Gateways documentation/record-keeping; CCAP (subsidy); ISBE Food Program; Social Media Marketing proficient.
Expert is willing to travel.
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: IL
|Year: 2004||Degree: MEd||Subject: Education||Institution: Stafford University|
|Year: 1987||Degree: Bachelor of Arts||Subject: Applied Behavioral Sciences||Institution: National College of Education|
|Year: 1985||Degree: C.D.A. Credential||Subject:||Institution: Council for Early Childhood Professional Recognition|
|Year: 1982||Degree: A.A./ A.S.||Subject: Early Childhood/ Pre-Education||Institution: Waubonsee Community College|
|Years: 2001 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Consultant||Department:||Responsibilities:|
|Years: 2000 to 2001||Employer: Childtime Children’s Centers||Title: Training Coordinator||Department:||Responsibilities: National position responsible for developing, facilitating, and coordinating company classroom efforts for over 300 centers in 23 states - Design and development of training resources, materials, and curriculum enhancements; On-site center technical assistance/training; Training needs assessment with data impacting the development of training plans company-wide, area-specific, and under some circumstances, center-specific; Development of a comprehensive 12-module accreditation support manual; Monitoring, mentoring, and support of centers pursing accreditation; Behavior action plans/ authorization for disenrollment of children company-wide; Updating of select company manuals/forms/systems; $76,500 in grant awards; company Special Projects.|
|Years: 1998 to 2001||Employer: Exploration Bay||Title: Director of Operations and Education||Department:||Responsibilities: Proposed the GSA contractual bid on the FAA site, then hired to stabilize/“turn around” the center in addition to researching, developing and facilitating additional contracts and center acquisitions; Cultivated 42 leads on possible purchases/contracts; Assumed FAA center (7 day/wk, extended evening hours) on one-day notice when vendor pulled out, writing all policies/procedures, handbooks, forms, and manuals; Brought center enrollment from 23 to capacity limit of 98 (with a waiting list) in a period of 4 months; Served p/t as Program Consultant/Mentor 4/00 – 3/01, returning full time after the re-organization of Childtime.|
|Years: 1998 to 1998||Employer: KinderCare Learning Centers||Title: CDA/Training Coordinator||Department:||Responsibilities: Developed 12-week CDA curriculum/program, and implemented classes for the 72 Chicago area centers; Mentored and facilitated initial cluster of 11 centers through the accreditation process in a period of 6 months; Designed and provided related materials to support accreditation; Edited company materials on the CDA process for content; Developed a center-specific training plan for a center facing license revocation, instrumental in resolution with the state. Training plan was proposed be implemented company-wide in response to similar situations in the future.|
|Years: 1988 to 1989||Employer: LaPetite Academy||Title: Director, Illinois Training Center and Master Academy||Department:||Responsibilities: In addition to day-to-day center operations, responsible for the training of new center directors and serving in the capacity of substitute for the Regional in absencia; Surpassed company records for occupancy upon opening and weekly deposit at that point in time; Brought center to capacity within 3 months of opening; Division VP secured an unprecedented/outside of company guidelines bonus based on job performance; No parent complaints above the center level entire duration of tenure; Assisted in opening of new IL centers.|
|Years: 1985 to 1988||Employer: Fox Hill Group Home||Title: Residential Treatment Specialist||Department:||Responsibilities: Supervision of emotionally disturbed adolescent female wards of the state within a residential setting; Co-facilitated group therapy; Established/ facilitated treatment goals, life skill objectives, and discharge planning; Crisis intervention.|
|Years: 1988 to 1998||Employer: Fox Hill Group Home||Title: Director||Department:||Responsibilities: Director: All facets of small center operations – hiring/training/supervision of staff, budgeting, fiscal management, marketing, fundraising, community relations/involvement, grant-writing, quality of program, parent relations; Corrected existing licensing issues and brought center from 30% capacity to 100% capacity with a waiting list; Secured $20,000 in grant funding.
|Associations / Societies|
|Professional Affiliations: (Past/Present)
- Member of National Association for the Education of Young Children
(Affiliate memberships: ILAEYC, ChicagoMetroAEYC, DuPage AEYC, Fox Valley AEYC)
- Member of National Child Care Association
- Member of National Association for Child Care Professionals
- Member of National Head Start Association
- Member of National Afterschool Association
- Member of the American Society for Trainers and Development
- Former member of the Parent/Teacher Association
- On many professional-related pages online and on LinkedIn to stay current in field
|Licenses / Certifications|
IL Gateways Early Childhood Credential Level 4
IL Infant Toddler Credential Level 4
IL Training and Technical Assistance Credential Level 4
IL School Age and Youth Development Credential Level 3
IL Directors Credential Level 1
ISBE ParaProfessional Certification
CPR/ First Aid
CPI (Non violent Crisis Intervention)
- Vice President and founding Board Member, Prevent Child Abuse Kane County – a chapter of the National Committee for the Prevention of Child Abuse
- Secretary and Board Member, Marie Wilkinson Child Development Center
- Board Member, Fox Valley Association for the Education of Young Children
- Volunteer, Crisis Line of the Fox Valley; Family Support Center
- Volunteer Consultant, Herbie House Children’s Bereavement Center.
- C.A.S.A. Volunteer (Court Appointed Special Advocate)
- DuPage AEYC “In Praise of Providers” Committee.
- Coordinated toy drive for Hesed House homeless shelter playroom. WOYC
- DuPage CCR&R Advisory Board.
- “Life Choices” Teen Group Facilitator, Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Elgin.
- “T.O.D.A.Y.” Work with Youth Award.
- Nominated - DuPage AEYC “In Praise of Providers” Award
- Fox Valley Child Care Committee. Secretary
- Nominated for the Aurora YWCA “Woman of the Year” in the Education category.
- President of the Waubonsee Child Development Club Voted “Outstanding Member.”
- Aurora Business and Professional Women’s “Young Career Woman.”
- Awarded “Certificate of Merit” from the International Poetry Society
- Approved State of Pennsylvania TQAS Trainer
- NH Early Childhood Credential – Mentor/Trainer Level III
- Child Care Information Exchange “Panel of 300” member/participant
- Trainer for the “Illinois Training Network”
- Youth Outlook Volunteer
- Chicago AEYC Conference(s)
- NAEYC Conference
- Lake Co. IN First Steps Conference(s)
- Region V Head Start Conference
- IL DCFS State Licensing Rep Training
- Fox Valley AEYC Conference(s)
- CEDA Head Start Pre-service(s)
- KinderCare Director Trainings (Chic)
- DuPage AEYC Conference(s)
- Morraine Valley Conference(s)
- Vigo Co. IN Head Start Pre-service
- Joliet CCR&R workshops
- CASA Conference(s)/in-service(s)
- Childtime Director’s Conference
- Northern IL AEYC Conference(s)
- “Baby Talk” Parenting Conference(s)
- Approved State of Illinois Inclusion Trainer
- Public School Dist #300 Pre-service
- Hildebrandt annual staff conferences
- Nashua ECE Annual Inservice Day
- Del Valle Migrant Heat Start
- Allegheny Child Care Inservice days
- DeKalb 4-C workshops
- Mid-Valley Vocational Center
- Bright Horizons – Chancellery site
- Parents Supporting Parents
- CDA Classes
LaPetite Academy (1980 – 1982)
KinderCare (1982 – 1983)
Little People, Inc. (1983)
Mooseheart (summers and school breaks, 1978 – 1980)
|Publications and Patents Summary|
|Published Works: 21|