Expert in Electrostatic Discharge Program Design & Set-Up
Expert ID: 735273 Florida, USA
|Year: 1986||Degree: Bachelor of Science (B.S.E.)||Subject: General Engineering||Institution: University of South Florida|
|Year: 1975||Degree: Associate of Arts (A.A.)||Subject: Pre-Engineering||Institution: Hillsborough Community College|
|Year: 1969||Degree: Associate of Science (A.S.)||Subject: Computer Electronics||Institution: Tampa Technical Institute|
|Year: 1969||Degree: Associate of Science (A.S.)||Subject: Electronics Technology||Institution: Tampa Technical Institute|
|Years: 2019 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Technical Consultant/Owner||Department:||Responsibilities: Provide Technical Consulting service to customers.|
|Years: 2003 to 2019||Employer: (Undisclosed)||Title: Primary ESD Subject Matter Expert and Senior Reliability Engineer||Department:||Responsibilities: Managed Aerospace’s Corporate ESD Program. Managed Clearwater’s ESD and MSD Programs. Provided Reliability Engineering support to various Defense Contracts.
• Sole Representative of Honeywell Aerospace on all industry standards committees dealing with
ESD (ESD Association, Society of Automotive Engineers, and Defense Logistics Agency).
• Chairman of Honeywell Aerospace ESD Council.
• Administrator of the ESD Corporate Website.
• Chairman of the Clearwater ESD Advisory Group.
• Chairman of the Clearwater MSD Advisory Group.
• Provided ESD Subject Matter Expert support to all of Honeywell Aerospace.
• Saved the corporation several thousands of dollars per year through the purchase of a standards
enterprise license for all ESD Association standards, test methods, and technical reports.
• Saved a site in Arizona approximately $10k per year through the elimination of unnecessary testing for
• Provided Reliability Engineering support to various Defense contracts including FRACA reporting to customers.
|Years: 1999 to 2003||Employer: CAE USA (formerly BAE SYSTEMS and REFLECTONE, INC.)||Title: Product Assurance Manager/Quality Engineering Group Leader/Quality Engineer||Department:||Responsibilities: Managed CAE’s Tampa’s Quality Department. Provided fresh ideas and new methods to a different industry. Supervised the Metrology Laboratory. Provided supervision to the Logistics/Reliability group and the Flight/Test Pilot/Engineers.
• Provided technical leadership to the Software and Hardware Quality Engineering groups.
• Performed Quality Engineering Activities (Mfg. Support, Supplier Surveys, Source Inspections, Audits, etc.).
• Chairman of Material Review Board (MRB) and Corrective Action Board (CAB).
• Estimated program costs and determined staffing requirements.
|Associations / Societies|
Electrostatic Discharge Association, Inc. (ESDA)
The International Association for Radio, Telecommunications, and Electromagnetics (iNARTE)
American Society for Quality (ASQ)
Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME)
Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) G-19A EEE Device Packaging Inspection Subgroup
|Other Relevant Experience|
|ADDITIONAL RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
GROUP TECHNOLOGIES CORP. (currently Sypris Electronics) – Tampa, FL
Program Quality Engineer and/or Reliability Engineer
Performed QE and/or RE activities on a commercial, military, and NASA contracts. Developed various levels of documentation (i.e. ISO 9000, rework/repair, inspection instructions, etc.). SPC data collection and analysis. Conducted internal/external audits and source inspections. Implemented and documented corrective action activities. Generated quality, reliability, and safety data items. Worked as the facility GIDEP
WILKERSON INSTRUMENT COMPANY, INC – Lakeland, FL
QA Supervisor/Production Supervisor/Quality Engineer
Supervised all QA, test, and some production activities. Worked with U.L. and C.S.A. on product safety certifications and audits. Performed “HI-Pot” testing on products. Started the ESD program.
HONEYWELL INC – Tampa, FL
Reliability Engineer/Staff Q.E./Program Q.E./Quality Test Technician
Directed plant audit and ESD control program including material testing and selection for ESD compliance.
Performed program QE or RE activities on several military contracts. Performed various levels of product testing including functional, burn-in, and environmental.
Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Visio)