Expert in Employee Benefits Leader
Expert ID: 735780 Texas, USA
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: Dallas
|Year: 1981||Degree: BS||Subject: Accounting||Institution: Babson College|
|Years: 2017 to 2019||Employer: Delek US||Title: Director, Benefits||Department: Human Resources||Responsibilities: DELEK US, Brentwood, Tennessee
A $7B, 4,000 employee diversified downstream energy company with assets in petroleum refining, logistics, asphalt, renewable fuels and convenience store retailing. Acquired Alon USA in 2017.
Director Benefits 2017 - 2019
• Transformed Delek’s health and welfare programs from inefficient and costly fully insured benefits to a hybrid of self and fully insured benefits achieving $2MM in annual savings on a $23MM budget.
• Integrated/Outsourced Short- and Long-Term Disability and FMLA benefits achieving savings of $100K and full compliance with regulations.
• Implemented wellness incentive to self-insured medical plans to encourage annual physicals and age and gender appropriate cancer screens resulting in success stories of early cancer and chronic illness detection.
• Chronic illness management programs implemented to drive adherence to medical protocol.
• Implemented Well Being programs encompassing Physical, Financial, Social and Intellectual aspects.
• Merged Safe-Harbor 401(k) Plans to a new provider achieving cost savings for participants and administrative simplification for the Company. Equity Plans and FSA also transferred to the provider.
• Created an executive non-qualified deferred compensation plan.
• Froze, terminated and distributed legacy traditional defined benefit pension plans achieving $2MM in annual savings.
|Years: 2000 to 2017||Employer: Alon USA||Title: Director Benefits and Human Resources||Department: Human Resources||Responsibilities: ALON USA, Dallas, Texas
A refiner and marketer of petroleum products. Spun off from Total Petrochemicals, previously known as Fina.
Director Human Resources (CHRO) 2000 - 2017
Led HR processes and programs for the independent refinery and retail company from inception through major acquisitions.
• Developed health and welfare programs that achieved less than national trend in annual cost escalation.
• Managed the payroll process through a transition of outsourced payroll providers.
• Managed defined contribution and defined benefit plans from inception, mergers, provider changes and terminations.
• Developed and administered non-qualified defined benefit plan.
• Integrated two major acquisitions into Alon’s HR systems and programs
• Developed and maintained competitive compensation programs
Earlier career experience includes Accounting, Purchasing and Internal Audit.
|Licenses / Certifications|
|Certified Financial Planner
Certified Public Accountant, Texas (currently in retired status).