Engineering, Project Management, Process Safety, Petrochemical Process Design
ID: 736545 Texas, USA
• Engaged in an entrepreneurial venture to develop a waste wood-fired cogeneration facility in Montana. Did the process design and prepared an inquiry document for engineering and construction companies to base their turnkey bids. This included equipment for solids size reduction, separation, and transport.
• General manager of a small engineering company doing projects in Venezuela and Mexico. This primarily involved the design of fired heater separator equipment and the coordination of the fabrication with local fabricators. This included working in an iron ore oxidation process with major solids handling equipment.
• Worked in other engineering companies including M. W. Kellogg, doing process design work and start-ups in olefins, ammonia, refinery processes, gas plants and other processes. Operating experience includes vinyl chloride and polyvinyl chloride with Diamond-Shamrock dealing with solids handling equipment, and ethylene with Mobil Chemical.
Process design in ethylene plants
Process design in LNG plants
Process design in gas plants
Process design in chemical plants
Project management in industrial plants
Front end loading
Stage gate project execution
Project risk management
Project risk mitigation
Precommissioning of industrial plants
Pre-startup safety review
HAZID HAZOP Process
Flow Sheets Piping and instrumentation diagrams
|Year: 1971||Degree: MS||Subject: Chemical Engineering||Institution: University of Houston|
|Year: 1963||Degree: BS||Subject: Chemical Engineering||Institution: Texas A&M University|
|Years: 2017 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Director of Process and Risk Management||Department: Process and Risk Management|
Responsibilities:Forensic project management and risk management.
|Years: 2014 to 2017||Employer: JGC America||Title: Director of Process Engineering||Department: Process Design and Project Management|
Responsibilities:Management and direction of all process design activities. Develop and implement all process engineering procedures. Participate in project cost estimates.
Led the Process Engineering Group. Establishing Process Engineering Procedures and reviewing and approving basic documents for the FEED design of LNG Plants and an Olefin Liquifaction Project.
Senior Project Engineering Manager
Establishing the project engineering organization for a new office. Organizing and managing engineering management teams for LNG proposals and projects.
|Years: 2012 to 2014||Employer: Hyundai Engineering||Title: Project Advisor||Department: Project Management|
Responsibilities:Focused on implementing Project Risk Management (PRM) into the project management methods of Hyundai. He has done training for both executive management and project management personnel in Hyundai Engineering as well as directing the PRM on a number of EPC projects including:
• UGCC, a major utility and offsites project in Uzbekistan for an ethylene cracker and polymer units. After working with the design team, traveled to the site to conduct PRM training and risk identification and analysis for the construction team
• RAPID, a multi-billion USD fertilizer and offsites proposal for far eastern Russia
• TORE and TGEM, major EPC projects in Turkmenistan
• In all these projects, as well as others, major reductions in exposed project risks were demonstrated during the course of the risk management.
|Years: 1987 to 2012||Employer: Stone & Webster/Shaw||Title: Senior Process Engineer Manager/Senior Project Engineering Manager||Department: Process Engineering/Project Engineering|
Responsibilities:Direct all design disciplines in the design of ethylene plants. Directly manage the process design activities. Consult on operational problems. Write operating instructions. Consult and resolve process related construction problems. Oversee plant test runs and prepare reports demonstrating that plant met all guarantees. Review and approve Process Flow Sheets. Review and approve Process and Instrument Diagrams. Confirm Basic Engineering Data.
Responsible for directing engineering teams in the design of major petrochemical projects. Major, recent experience included:
• Engineering manager on an EPC project for a major ethylene plant for ExxonMobil in Singapore
• Proposal engineering manager for a lump sum joint venture EPC bid for a multibillion- dollar complex in Vietnam including an ethylene plant and offsites
• Proposal engineering manager for a lump sum joint venture EPC bid for a refinery complex in Abu Dhabi
• Engineering manager for several ethylene plant PDP packages including JCP in Saudi Arabia, INEOS in Saudi Arabia, Liaoning Haujin in China and Westlake in Trinidad
• Project engineering manager on a project management consultant project for ADGAS on a 220MMSCFD LPG plant
• Engineering manager for the expansion detailed design for the Chevron ethylene plant in Port Arthur
• Engineering manager for the revamp of the Saudi Aramco Ras Tanura Refinery
• Olefins technology manager overseeing the olefins process design on various projects
• Lead process engineer for ethylene plant expansion studies utilizing Stone & Webster’s Advanced Recovery System (ARS) technology
• Lead process engineer on a grass roots ethylene plant for PICL in Australia
• Project engineer for an aromatics recovery unit for KOCH Refining in Corpus Christi, Texas.
|Years||Country / Region||Summary|
|Years: 2012 to 2014||Country / Region: South Korea||Summary: Project Advisor for Hyundai Engineering on project execution and risk management.|
|Years: 2001 to 2004||Country / Region: Japan||Summary: Project Management Consultant team assigned to Chiyoda Engineering|
|Associations / Societies|
|American Institute of Chemical Engineers, 1966-present
Registered Professional Engineer in Texas, 1983-present
Project Management Institute, 2009-present
|Licenses / Certifications|
|Registered Professional Engineer in Texas -1983
Project Management Professional - 2009
|Project Management Professional 2009-present|