Expert in Esports
Expert ID: 735379 Pennsylvania, USA
In Expert's previous life (first 10-12 years of his career) he was a strategy consultant for numerous Fortune 100 companies, focused on the Healthcare Industry. Expert worked for Booz & Company, which later was acquired by PwC and became Strategy&, and I was a fairly senior level Director there.
In the past two years, Expert has been running his own startup, in the rapidly growing industry of esports. Our brand is top 20 in the world, and he has teams and players in over 15 countries.
Areas of Expertise:
OPERATIONS & IT TRANSFORMATION:
• Engaged single state Blues, regional, and national health plans, to intelligently modernize and pursue operational efficiency opportunities across the value chain – with typical OpEx savings realization in excess of 20% over 3 years.
• Assessed $1B in technology spend for a $60B consumer health company, identifying over $200M in cost reduction opportunities from sourcing, workforce management, automation, and infrastructure rationalization
MEMBER EXPERIENCE & DIGITAL STRATEGY:
• Designed the end-to-end customer experience journey for an emerging $300M+ health plan business, integrating retail industry best practices with a seamless digital health experience.
• Led the development of a health management mobile application (ideation, UX/UI wireframe design, prototyping) to create an innovative digital care environment with AI-assisted wellness and account services.
• Performed the pre-merger operations and technology due diligence for a $30M+ health plan / health system joint venture, and launched a 12 workstream program to successfully integrate the entities.
• Developed the provider servicing playbook for a 50+ deal pipeline health plan risk delegation business, defining service models ranging from product co-branding, to ACO collaborations, to standalone joint ventures.
ANALYTICS STRATEGY & ECOSYSTEM DESIGN:
• Restructured the informatics function for a $15B health plan in a 6 month turnaround effort – re-aligned the capital portfolio to more efficiently allocate spend, and designed an operating model for 300+ resources to better support business analytics demand
• Formulated an enterprise analytics strategy for the CIO of a single state Blue plan, to cultivate foundational capabilities and enable practical use cases with an expected minimum 10x return on investment.
BUSINESS & FIRM DEVELOPMENT:
• Expanded the Payor Operations Excellence practice at Booz Company and built assets to generate scale – a financial benchmarks database, reference libraries for industry capabilities and opportunity hypotheses, and an OpEx impact simulation tool
• Led the formation and growth of Team Secret, a premier global eSports brand that surpassed $1.5M+ revenue in its 2017-18 inaugural year, and is on pace to more than double in the current year
|Year: 2006||Degree: Bachelor of Science||Subject: Biology Neuroscience, Minor in Healthcare Management||Institution: University of Pennsylvania|
|Years: 2017 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: CEO||Department:||Responsibilities: Founding partner of a globally renowned esports brand with an expanding portfolio of multi-national professional players, social influencers, and over 1 million avid followers worldwide.|
|Years: 2015 to 2018||Employer: (Undisclosed)||Title: Director||Department:||Responsibilities: Established thought leader in the Health Advisory practice specializing in operations and analytics transformation, leading concurrent client engagement teams, and developing new business accounts for the firm.|
|Years: 2010 to 2014||Employer: Booz & Company||Title: Principal||Department:||Responsibilities: Lead Principal focused on advancing the Payor Operations Excellence
platform through engagement delivery, building the core team of
practitioners, and developing standard methodologies, tools, and
assets to support a scaling practice.
|Years: 2006 to 2009||Employer: Diamond Consulting||Title: Senior Consultant||Department:||Responsibilities: Top analyst in the Life Sciences advisory practice, driving market
growth, capability maturity, and technology strategy assessments for
large cap healthcare companies in the Pharmaceutical and Medical