Expert in Expert in Global Marketing, International Market Development, Brand Strategy // Former GoPro & Sony
Expert ID: 736560 California, USA
Before moving to his role as Senior Director of International Marketing, he was the Director of Marketing Communications at Active Mind Technology - a data analytics platform specializing in the sports industry with a primary focus on golfing data, having mapped tens of thousands of courses, and 550,000 rounds of golf over 100 countries. Prior to that experience, he was the Senior Manager of Marketing at Sony Electronics, where he led advertising, and promotional activities for its camera product lines including Cyber-Shot, HandyCam, Alpha, and Action Cam. He was responsible for orchestrating overall marketing strategy across digital content creation, social media, and TV broadcast advertising. He holds an MBA in New Venture Management and International Marketing from the University of San Diego.
- Global Branding
- International Advertising
- Digital Strategy & Social Media
- Public Relations
- Global Growth Strategies
- Content Creation & Production
|Year: 1999||Degree: MBA||Subject: New Venture Management & International Marketing||Institution: University of San Diego|
|Year: 1992||Degree: B.A.||Subject: International Relations & Italian||Institution: University of San Diego|
|Years: 2017 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: President & Founder||Department: Marketing Consulting||Responsibilities: Athlete branding & creator of branded content to propel the changing landscape of traditional advertising.
• Created global content distribution and monetization plan for Chelsea F.C. in the UK. Plan includes a $35MM guarantee with projected revenues of $500MM over three years.
• Branded over 300 professional athletes by aligning their passions and interests with income opportunities outside of their sports contract, generating over $300MM in supplemental income for our clients.
|Years: 2016 to 2017||Employer: GoProasdf||Title: Senior Director of International Marketing||Department: Global Marketing||Responsibilities: Driver of global marketing strategy across all business units in 50+ countries, representing over 53% of total revenues for GoPro – over $700 million in sales.
• Created 2017 global market prioritization strategy to achieve company profitability through international expansion. Aligned the strategy across marketing, sales, product, and sports marketing divisions after company restructuring and 20% reduction in budget.
• Restructured $85MM global marketing budget and company operating methodologies to address high-growth and emerging market opportunities. Completely redesigned global operating paradigm to launch products and services to the world.
• Lead all international marketing teams, 30+ people, across EMEA, APAC, and LatAm to build new markets and audiences.
|Years: 2014 to 2016||Employer: GoPro||Title: Director of Brand||Department: Global Marketing||Responsibilities: Head of Brand in charge of growing brand awareness and customer demand for GoPro products across all business units: hardware, software, and entertainment – a $1.6 billion portfolio.
• Owned and managed $100MM in global advertising, across TV, digital, print, and OOH. Created global advertising campaigns to support all product divisions.
• Owned all go-to-market strategy and execution across product launches and global partnerships including MotoGP, Tour de France, NHL; totaling more than 65 launches in 2015 and a 27% increase in camera sales YoY.
• Built the go-to-market launch process through an integrated approach across all business units and created the company’s consumer insights team.
|Years: 2014 to 2014||Employer: Active Mind Technology||Title: Director - Marketing Communications||Department: Marketing||Responsibilities: Head of advertising, and digital strategy for wearable technology start-up with its first product in the golf industry – Game Golf. Creator of all messaging and brand awareness for a new product category in the industry.
• Led creative campaign for Game Golf product launch on the Golf Channel, featuring TV broadcast spot and digital advertising, resulting in $3MM in sales in first three months of operation.
• Created industry partnerships with the Golf Channel, and the PGA of America resulting in over $1MM in paid media and a network of 12K industry professionals.
• Created 17-person sales representative team to lead pre-season sales into 650+ pro shops across the U.S., including big box retailers PGA Superstore, Dick’s, and Golf Galaxy.
|Years: to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Senior Manager - Marketing||Department: Digital Imaging||Responsibilities: Led advertising and promotional activities for all camera products of Sony Electronics, which included brands Cyber-shot, Handycam, Alpha, and Action Cam. Orchestrated overall marketing strategy, with a focus on digital content creation, social media, and TV advertising.
• Led creation of four consecutive cross-category holiday TV campaigns featuring: Peyton Manning, Taylor Swift, and Nigel Barker with total media of $185MM, resulting in net sales of $1.5 billion.
• Led creation, production, and implementation of a $35MM Cyber-shot Spring advertising and marketing campaign featuring Taylor Swift – considered one of the best-integrated campaigns at Sony Electronics, generating sales of over $200MM for Digital Imaging and $435MM for Sony.
• Led $4MM global launch of Sony’s POV camera - Action Cam. Developed go-to-market strategy for U.S., Australia, and Europe.
|Years: 2006 to 2008||Employer: InterTerra||Title: President & Founder||Department: Marketing||Responsibilities: Founded consulting firm providing turnkey international marketing services – new market entry, start-up sales networks, and digital content creation. Targeted markets included Western Europe, Canada and Latin America.
• Grew company to 22 clients within two years, all clients averaging double-digit growth within the first year.
• Created Virgin Mobile promotion platform combining music downloads, user-generated videos, and fashion to increase promotional base by 40% in one year.
• Led two-year, five-city expansion of Thread Show – a showcase exhibition of emerging fashion designers. Created digital marketing strategy and online fashion web series increasing vendor participation by 45% and consumer attendance by 35% within the first year.
|Years: 1997 to 2005||Employer: Grupo Favier||Title: Vice President - International Marketing||Department: Marketing||Responsibilities: Grupo Favier is a Top 300 Company in Mexico with divisions focused on media, manufacturing, construction and spirits. Created the international marketing strategy for Grupo Favier in the United States and European markets. Responsible for building the company’s international business opportunities.
• Key player in growth of company from $45MM to $375MM in portfolio revenues over five years, fusing marketing and advertising between its media, manufacturing, and spirits divisions.
• Launched Bomba Energy drink in Mexico resulting in $7MM in sales year one - now the #2 energy drink in the market. Created sell-in and marketing programs that resulted in national sales to Walmart, Costco, and Oxxo.
• Secured resort construction contracts from Hyatt and Cabo del Sol resulting in over $200MM in business from the U.S. market.
|Years: 1993 to 1997||Employer: Assos of Switzerland||Title: International Marketing Manager||Department: Marketing||Responsibilities: Developed and executed all channel marketing and sales activities for the U.S. market for ASSOS of Switzerland - a technology leader in the world marketplace for cycling apparel.
• Spearheaded entry into the U.S. marketplace by opening 100+ new retail accounts, increasing sales 85% in the first year resulting in $3.2MM in revenue.
• Negotiated NCL league sponsorship deal with NFL great, Franco Harris for 1994 season.
• Created the first sales representative network – 12 reps, capturing over 60% of the addressable market in year one.
|Years: 1992 to 1992||Employer: JTB International||Title: Marketing Manager||Department: Marketing||Responsibilities: JTB International was a start-up that developed instructional golf products. Responsible for product development cycle, and channel market development of golf course driving range and home use products.
• Developed and executed JTB’s advertising campaigns, promotions and led participation in all special event engagements.
• Secured outsourced manufacturing for product production for both the driving range and home use products.
• Sold in the first prototype driving range products into San Diego golf courses.
|Years||Country / Region||Summary|
|Years: 2014 to 2017||Country / Region: China||Summary: Built the market in China for GoPro.|
|Years: 2014 to 2015||Country / Region: Germany||Summary: Built the international marketing team for GoPro EMEA.|
|Years: 2017 to 2017||Country / Region: India||Summary: Launched GoPro in India.|
|Years: 1992 to 1992||Country / Region: Switzerland||Summary: Worked with Swiss manufacturer of cycling apparel to launch Assos in the United States.|
|Training / Seminars|
|Other education: International Marketing, 1993 – Scuola Toscana – Florence, Italy|
|Over 25 years of marketing experience.|
|Other Relevant Experience|
|Dual Citizenship: Holder of U.S. & Irish passports. Eligible to work in all EU countries.|