Expert in Neuroimmunology and data mining
Expert ID: 735806 France
I obtained a position of associate professor at the school of Medicine of Lyon-1 University in 2002 and became full professor in 2011. In Lyon, I established a research group aimed at studying the phenotype, role and trafficking of brain mononuclear phagocytes in the diseased or normal CNS. In this general research frame, I initially pursued my works on the EAE model and worked on the ontogenic links between myeloid progenitors and adult microglia. Finally, in collaboration with Richard Reynolds (Professor of Cellular Neurobiology at the Imperial College London, Faculty of Medicine), I performed neuropathology-based studies on multiple sclerosis (MS) tissue, focusing on the molecular neuropathology of MS spinal cords.
In 2014, I set up a “neuroimmunoinformatics” research group aimed at mining genomics and proteomics databanks to identify new pathophysiological mechanisms in neuroimmune disorders. This approach provides an integrated view on neuroimmune interactions and allows not only performing fruitful collaborations with wet laboratories but unravelling new mechanisms supporting the complex interplay between immunity and neural functions in the human species.
Finally, as a full professor at the school of medicine, I am in charge of teaching molecular histology for medical students in the fields of immunology, neurosciences and neurology. I also fulfill hospital duties and since 2013, I am senior staff member at the cell therapy facility of the University Hospital of Lyon.
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: Lyon, FRANCE
|Year: 2007||Degree: Diploma of Accreditation to Conduct Research||Subject: Neuroimmunology||Institution: University Claude Bernard Lyon-1, France|
|Year: 1996||Degree: Ph.D.||Subject: Immunopathology||Institution: University of Nantes, France|
|Year: 1996||Degree: Neurologist||Subject:||Institution: University of Nantes, France|
|Year: 1994||Degree: M.D.||Subject:||Institution: University of Rennes, France|
|Years: 2011 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Professor and Department Chair||Department: Histology||Responsibilities:|
|Years: 2013 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title:||Department: Bank of Tissues and Cells||Responsibilities:|
|Awards / Recognition|
|Awards and specific tasks:
- Organizing committee member of the International Society of NeuroImmunology congress (ISNI congress) (Nice, France)
- Editorial board member of the BrainImmune online resource since 2019
- Board member of the European School of Neuroimmunology (ESNI) since 2015
- Founder and board member of the French club of Neuroimmunology (2013-present)
- Organizing committee member of the national neuroimmunology continuing education sessions sponsored by SANOFI (4 years)
- Co-organizer of the CAJAL Advanced Neuroscience Training programme entitled “Glia in health and Disease”, Bordeaux, France
- Ad hoc reviewer for: Nature Biotechnology, Journal of Immunology, Brain Behavior and Immunity, Annals of Neurology…
- Ad hoc reviewer for the French MS foundation (ARSEP), the Italian MS foundation, the French research agency (ANR), the ALS research foundation Thierry Latran.
- Associate research topic editor in “Frontiers in Immunology” (topic: “Brain-targeted autoimmunity beyond multiple sclerosis”)
- Member of defense committees for Ph.D. students (>20), assistant professor nominations (president of 2 committees), diplomas of research ability (3)
- Member of the committee designated by the French Science Academy for the “NRJ” price
|Publications and Patents Summary|
|Publications: 60 published articles; h-index: 29 (Google Scholar)
Invited conferences and oral communications: 4 (last 4 years)