Expert in Fetal, Pediatric and Adolescent Cardiology
Expert ID: 738076 Pennsylvania, USA
Fetal and Pediatric Cardiology experience spanning over 40 years since completing 5 year training program; 3 in Pediatric Cardiology.
Patient Satisfaction ratings between 97-98% since inception of monitoring program at Penn State Health.
|Year: 1978||Degree: MD||Subject: Medicine||Institution: The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine (now Penn State College of Medicine)|
|Year: 1974||Degree: BS||Subject: Premedicine||Institution: Penn State University|
|Years: 2010 to 2021||Employer: Penn State Medical Group||Title: Associate Professor of Pediatrics||Department: Pediatrics / Pediatric Cardiology|
Responsibilities:Fetal, Pediatric and Adolescent Cardiology Care, resident / student education
|Years: 2004 to 2010||Employer: Geisinger Medical Center||Title: Staff Pediatric Cardiologist||Department: Pediatrics / Pediatric Cardiology|
Responsibilities:Fetal, Pediatric, Adolescent Cardiology care
|Years: 1987 to 2004||Employer: Allegheny General Hospital||Title: Chief, Pediatric Cardiology||Department: Pediatrics|
Responsibilities:Developed Pediatric Cardiology Service Fetal, Neonatal, Pediatric, Adolescent Cardiac care and outreach consultative services.
|Years: 1983 to 1987||Employer: Untited States Air Force||Title: Chief of Pediatric Cardiology Major USAF Medical Corp||Department: Pediatrics|
Responsibilities:Pediatric Cardiology Care, resident education
|Years: 1983 to 1987||Agency: USAF||Role: Major USAF, Chief, Pediatric Cardiology||Description: Pediatrician, Pediatric Cardiologist in USAF Medical Corp|
|Licenses / Certifications|
Pennsylvania Medical License, active
West Virginia (Inactive)
Board Certified in Pediatrics, 1984
Sub-Board Certification in Pediatric Cardiology, 1985
|Associate Professor of Pediatrics|
|Medical / Professional|
|Extensive medical professional history-- list available upon request.
Clinical Research Interests:
Application of pediatric and fetal cardiology diagnostic services in the community setting. (current area of interest)
Noninvasive evaluation of myocardial function in neonates, the effect of interventional techniques such as high frequency ventilation and extracorporeal membrane oxygenation.
Evaluation and treatment of the fetus with congenital and acquired cardiac disease. Application of 3D echocardiography and advanced Doppler techniques in the fetal cardiac evaluation.
Expert has never had judgement or settlement of a malpractice claim in his name. No Malpractice Claims throughout the entire 11 ½ year employment with Penn State Health Medical Group.
|Publications and Patents Summary|
|Publications/abstracts: (since 1981) 5|
|Expert Witness Experience|
|Have reviewed cases, given depositions and testified at trial as medical expert in past|
|Training / Seminars|
- Education of Pediatric Residents at Mercy Pediatric Health Center, Mercy Hospital. January 1997 – May 1 2004.
- Education of Pediatric Residents at Janet Weis Children’s Hospital July 2004 to 31 January 2010.
- Teaching of Medical Students in 3rd and 4th year related to pediatric cardiology - ongoing.
- Nursing and echocardiography technician education lectures related to the evaluation and treatment of the infant and child with cardiac and critical care problems.
- Past Involvement in clinical preceptoring residents at both military assignments. Presented numerous lectures on varied aspects of Pediatric Cardiology to Pediatric residents, Surgery residents, Adult Cardiology fellows and Neonatology fellows. Organized the resident lecture series in pediatrics at Wilford Hall AF Medical Center in 1985-86
- Multitude of lectures / Grand Round presentations on various aspects of Fetal, Neonatal and Pediatric Cardiology and Critical Care given as Cardiac Fellow lectures, Resident Lectures and lectures to staff at other area hospitals.
- Co-Medical Director of the Pediatric Advanced Life Support Course at West Penn Allegheny Health System, Allegheny General. 1991 – 1994
- Pediatric Cardiology representative to the Center for Prenatal Pediatrics at Geisinger Medical Center 2006- 31 January 2010.
- Pediatric Cardiology Lecture Series (monthly) for Family Practice Residents and Medical Students at St. Joseph’s Medical Center, Reading, PA. 2011 to 2012
- Volunteer Faculty for TCMC (The Commonwealth Medical College) based in Scranton with multiple branch campuses. Offer their students 2-4 week blocks in Pediatric Cardiology. Have given multiple lectures to entire class of students there and also allow a 2-4 week clinical block in my outpatient clinics with individualized teaching experience.
- Multiple Grand Rounds presentations on a variety of Congenital and Acquired Cardiac disorders as well as Perinatal Cardiology at various local / regional hospitals.
- Invited Lecture to School Nursing Association of Northeastern PA regarding avoidance of sudden death and cardiac events in school setting with emphasis on sports participation.
- Yearly lecture on congenital heart disease to TCMC 3rd year class (last given in 2017 no longer invited to participate when Geisinger took over the medical school).
|Other Relevant Experience|
|developed cardiology practice for Allegheny General Hospital 1987-2004|