Expert in Finance, Manufacturing, Foreign Exchange, and New Product Introduction
His understanding and cultural sensitivity has afforded him great effectiveness in achieving results across various international operations. His key areas of expertise include:
• International Operations • Entrepreneurial CFO • ERP Implementation • Planning, Budgeting & Forecasting • Operational Efficiencies • Post-Acquisition Integration
Expert has had experience as CFO as well as Controller and Director of International Finance. He has also served as a Professor of Accounting and Finance at three universities. He is uniquely qualified in understanding accounting practices and policies across borders worldwide.
As an instructor of cost accounting, CFO for manufacturing operations, and Professor of Management Accounting, Expert is highly skilled in implementing and improving cost accounting and management accounting practices worldwide.
As an internal auditor and Controller, Expert has been involved in identifying and incarcerating employees who defrauded their respective companies in Holland, France, and Mexico. He was also responsible for auditing companies for a Fortune 50 company for compliance to FCPA and has assisted companies in ensuring internal control SOX compliance.
Expert has identified various fraudulent activities in Holland that led to following the leads to France. He also took a simple audit and identified fraudulent activity that had been going on for years in Mexico.
Expert possesses excellent analytical skills. He is a member of PI Mu Epsilon mathematical honor society and an expert in modeling using Excel and Adaptive Insights.
- Introduced a new process to evaluate and price new products. The process prioritized development projects that permitted companies (2) to grow faster and increase profitability
- Introduced a unique plan for hedging foreign exchange currencies that ensured that company never had foreign exchange surprises
- Subsidiary in Argentina was loosing millions of dollars per month. Changed company strategy, re-organized and re-focused on strengths of company that turned it around in 12 months
- Assisted new acquisitions in Brazil and LIthuania in reporting according to US General Accepted Principles (US GAAP) in order to meet Corporate reporting requirements
- Assisted company that could not get any financial reports in establishing a Corporate Chart of Accounts and have consistency in reporting so that financials could be consolidated and analyzed
- Assisted in identifying exposures from closing operations in Rotterdam, Holland and minimizing the downside of such exposures.
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: Los Angeles, California - San Diego, California - Long Beach, California - Santa Ana, California - Anaheim, California - Riverside, California - Glendale, California - Huntington Beach, California - San Bernardino, California - Chula Vista, California
|Year: 1975||Degree: MBA||Subject: Finance and Management||Institution: Wharton - University of Pennsylvania|
|Year: 1973||Degree: BA||Subject: Mathematics and Economics||Institution: UCLA|
|Years: 2012 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: CFO||Department: Corporate||Responsibilities: Expert's responsibilities include Accounting, Reporting and Analysis, A/R, A/P. G/L, Planning and Budgeting. Specifically, he has implemented marketing analysis-enhancing financial reviews, helping the company grow from $30MM to $50MM while increasing the return on sales by 3%.|
|Years: 2008 to 2011||Employer: San Diego Hospitality & Design||Title: CFO||Department: Administration||Responsibilities: Accounting, Reporting and Analysis, A/R, A/P. G/L, Planning and Budgeting|
|Years: 2005 to 2008||Employer: Robbins Research International||Title: COO/CFO||Department: Corporate||Responsibilities: Operations, Warehousing, Inventory Management, Purchasing, Logistics, Accounting, Reporting and Analysis, A/R, A/P. G/L, Planning and Budgeting|
|Years||Country / Region||Summary|
|Years: 2012 to 2016||Country / Region: Mexico||Summary: Maquiladora in Nogales, Mexico plus 50% International Purchasing|
|Years: 2012 to 2016||Country / Region: Mexico||Summary: Manufacturing process in Tijuana, Mexico|
|Years: 2012 to 2016||Country / Region: Australia and United Kingdom||Summary: Promoters in Australia and United Kingdom|
|Years: 2012 to 2016||Country / Region: Mexico, Italy, Holland, Switzerland, Lithuania and China||Summary: Manufacturing operations in Mexico City; Milan, Italy, Vilnius, Lithuania and Hualida, China; Distribution center in Rotterdam, Holland; and R&D facility in Vacallo, Switzerland|