Expert in Financial Planning, Investment Management, Equity Analysis, Financial Advisory
Expert ID: 735110 Tennessee, USA
Multi-dimensional industry veteran with over 15 years of experience within investment management, consulting, research analysis, and business development. Team player with a focus on mentoring others and leading an organization by example, through entrepreneurial drive and creativity.
|Year: 2001||Degree: MBA||Subject: General Management||Institution: University of Virginia - Darden|
|Year: 1998||Degree: MS Finance||Subject: Finance||Institution: Florida International University|
|Year: 1993||Degree: BBA||Subject: Finance||Institution: Florida International University|
|Years: 2016 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Head of Strategic Finance and Operations||Department:||Responsibilities: Managed and controlled budgeting, monthly forecasting, and other finance functions for regional sourcing office for apparel retailer generating $600M in production orders annually and $12M+ in annual operating expenses. Managed annual budgeting process, monthly and quarterly forecasting, monthly management reporting, and accounting. Provided Ad Hoc analysis including Budgeting, Forecasting, Strategic Plan and Variance Analysis.
Established and managed key performance indicators (KPIs) and identified ways of adding value to the business and improved productivity and efficiency that led to more profitable growth. Created annual budget and tracked daily cash flow forecasts as well as annual budget forecast on a monthly basis. Acted as a catalyst between the business and Finance so there is synchronized thinking and an understanding of information requirements, challenges and priorities.
Developed a deep understanding of leisure athletic wear company's business model, financial and operational data, and provided input into cost reduction strategies and operational improvements.
Enabled apparel production managers to make informed decisions about vendors to hire for specific products and shipments by implementing due diligence process outlining each manufacturing partner’s financial stability. Developed data collection, scoring, and ranking process within strategy and operations personnel as part of the financial due diligence process to ensure global vendor stability and liquidity position.
Synthesized quantitative and qualitative research and analysis to identify key trends in the market. Analyzed industry dynamics and competitors’ activities to evaluate potential acquisitions. Reduced list of acquisition targets from 300 to less than 10 for large bank seeking to expand its treasury offerings. Conducted primary and secondary research and assessments of fit within context of bank’s offerings and capabilities. Analyzed financial aspects of acquisitions, divestitures, or joint ventures and provided opinions on cost/benefits and strategic fit within the organization.
Created and maintained financial models, processes and analytics for management reporting, budgeting, and forecasting. Reviewed financial accounting statements of multiple business units of a large health insurer and calculated ROI and cost of capital for each business unit to determine economic value created by each. Identified optimal capital allocation strategies and new business opportunities to drive growth. Discovered the company should be investing more capital into a smaller business unit that was generating a greater return than that of the largest business unit.
Developed F&B company’s first acquisition evaluation and approval process, including governance structure, financial evaluation model, due diligence checklist, and post-merger integration framework.
Strategy and Operations
• Provided consulting services to small businesses during the financial crisis and included areas such as revenue enhancement strategies, cost reduction, process improvement, performance measurement, budgeting, forecasting, operations, and strategic planning. Provided continuous research of the financial and competitive landscape, including analysis of legislative, economic, and competitive industry trends.
• Performed causal (system dynamics) analysis to identify causes of poor internal ratings for apparel production team. Interviewed production directors and managers to understand stakeholder expectations, workflow processes and information flow. Identified relevant metrics/decision models to prioritize customer service improvement areas. Expanded number of orders placed with regional sourcing office through reenergizing its relationship with corporate office.
• Established analytical framework to identify, structure, and solve complex design and production challenges. Identified best-selling product/color combinations by season for apparel through creating profitability analysis for core color palette. Reported results to designers and production managers for use in design and vendor placement decisions.
• Implemented ongoing process improvement initiatives for continued pricing optimization based on client and advisor adoption, new business growth, and changes in profit margins.
• Provided leadership, direction, and mentoring to the team, supporting initiatives and partnering activities to drive profitability. Developed and adapted strategy to maintain competitive edge relative to peers and created investment platform considered the industry benchmark.
• Supported the development of the annual strategic plan including gathering information, tracking initiatives and preparing presentations for one of the largest credit card issuers in the world. Managed the entire annual plan process, including the consolidation and interpretation of the financial plan by geographic units in Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, and other.
|Years: 2013 to 2017||Employer: EFG Capital International||Title: Senior Investment Strategist||Department:||Responsibilities: • Built from scratch the infrastructure, governance, processes, and tools for the Investment Strategy Group and grew the team to 7 members. (4 CFA charterholders) Developed business strategy including in-depth review of investment platform and performed analysis on potential new products and services.
• Led evaluation of economic conditions and asset class analysis to develop asset allocation strategies, investment themes, and implementation ideas for UHNW, family office, and institutional clients. Presented investment views weekly to 25-30 advisors and monthly to our broad external client base.
• Proactively managed relationships with family offices to provide investment guidance and enhance their service offering and decision-making as it relates to assets managed on behalf of mutual clients. Presented performance results and investment views to board of directors and committees on a quarterly basis.
|Years: 2011 to 2013||Employer: HSBC Private Bank||Title: Investment Counselor/Strategist||Department:||Responsibilities: • Developed strong partnerships with internal Relationship Managers in business development efforts including client/marketing initiatives designed to deliver both valuable insight and relationship building opportunities with clients. Supported 11 Relationship Managers with over 106 relationships and $1.6 billion in AUM, resulting in $7.5MM in revenues.
• Analyzed current and prospective client portfolios and developed asset allocation strategies that met client profiles including detailed investment implementation ideas for non-discretionary accounts. Collaborated closely with the Head of the Investment Strategy Group and other team members to deliver a unified investment vision and structure.
|Years: 2010 to 2011||Employer: Merrill Lynch||Title: Financial Advisor Trainee||Department:||Responsibilities: Miami, FL|
|Years: 2008 to 2010||Employer: Neto Financial Group Inc.||Title: Self Employed||Department:||Responsibilities: Small business consulting firm providing investment and corporate finance advice to small businesses|
|Years: 2006 to 2008||Employer: Dimension Capital Management||Title: Investment Officer||Department:||Responsibilities: Multi-family office managing $400MM across a range of funds of funds for domestic and offshore clients.
• Managed nine funds of funds across traditional and alternative asset classes with approximately 50 underlying funds including long/short equity, global macro, relative value arbitrage, multi-strategy, private equity, and asset-backed lending.
• Led quarterly board of director meetings both domestically and abroad and teamed up with business developers as the investment expert in all current and prospective client acquisition meetings. Played an active role in developing a new family relationship of $75MM AUM.
• Performed over 60 alternative manager due diligence visits annually for both current and prospective managers while implementing and formalizing the due diligence, asset allocation, and portfolio management process where none had previously existed.
|Associations / Societies|
CFA Society Miami – Secretary, FIU Student Managed Investment Fund, Board of Advisors
|Licenses / Certifications|
|Certifications: CFA Charterholder, CPWA®|
|Speaking Events: Latin America Private Banking-2014, Structured Products Americas-2015, Opal Real Estate Summit, 2018|