Expert in Fitness Tech, Digital Health, Med Tech, and Sports Tech
Expert ID: 738138 Arizona, USA
Quality-driven professional with extensive advising, business development, consulting and management experience in the fitness, health and sports technology industries. Exceptional acumen, communication, community building, management of networking and partnerships, and in depth understanding of high tech and investment strategies.
Areas of Expertise:
- Advising, Innovation
- Data, Market Research
- Business Development
- Strategic Partnerships
- Community Building
- Venture Capital, Investing
|Year: 2000||Degree: MS||Subject: Exercise Physiology||Institution: Indiana University|
|Year: 1998||Degree: BS||Subject: Exercise and Movement Sciences||Institution: Florida State University|
|Years: 2018 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Founder||Department: Investments & Partners|
Responsibilities:A global advising and consulting venture partner studio that focuses on advising, consulting, community building, partnerships and fundraising for companies and start-ups in fitness, health and sports. Has vast experience in Connected Fitness, Consumer Products, Deep Tech, Health, Nutrition, Sports, Therapeutics, Virtual Reality and Wearables. Uses a vast network in PE and venture capital.
• A contributor to Barclay’s and a key partner with ScaleHealth
• Built access to over 300 investors, private equity groups and VCs.
• Set up a venture studio to advise, fund, invest in and support over 50 companies.
• Fortë: Helped Fortë with $2MM Seed investment and reach > 10K monthly active users.
• Holodia: Helped Holodia develop its first AI and VR tools, mine data, partner with >200K strategic fitness partners and sports teams and scale >200K units worldwide.
• Hyperice: Helped fundraise ~$2MM of its ($875M valuation) strategic round.
• Luceo: Advised Luceo on fundraising and product roadmap to capture over a $6B TAM share.
• Pilates Metrics: Helped Pilates Metrics close its late stage fundraising to be acquired by PEAR Sports.
• Yogifi: Partnered in fundraising and marketing efforts and helped Yogifi be #1 yoga product in world.
|Years: 2021 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Investor||Department: Consumer|
Responsibilities:Analyze business models, identify markets, review pitch decks and investment resources, and pitch and source pre-seed to Series B investments- focusing in Consumer, Enterprise, FinTech, HealthTech, Frontier Tech, and Real Estate Tech.
• Investor in Fintor and NovoMeat.
• Started initial steps to form a seed fund to invest in consumer and enterprise fitness and wellness
|Years: 2006 to 2021||Employer: Lucile Packard Children's Hospital||Title: Director of Fitness Innovation Lab||Department: Heart Center|
Responsibilities:Direct community building efforts in an accelerator/incubator environment of AI, digital health, fitness technology, human performance, and sports technology products. Also, manage the operations of the fitness laboratory including accounting, mentorship and outreach. Together, develop and implement policies and procedures and programming to develop and grow innovation and research, and provide excellent services.
• Appeared in >20 research publications.; began the first Baby-building program for preemies.
• Generated annually >$20,000,000 revenue; Oversaw an annual budget >$5MM and cut costs by 40%.
• Executed fitness-based analytics to maximize success rate while serving as a health advocate to patients.
|Years: 2002 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Master Personal Tralner||Department: Personal Training|
Responsibilities:Design personalized fitness plans and personal train clients on how to properly use equipment, follow a fitness plan, etc.
|Licenses / Certifications|
|NSCA CSCS; ACSM CES|
|Publications and Patents Summary|
|Expert has been in numerous clinical articles, journals and peer-reviewed publications.|
|Expert Witness Experience|
|Expert has been involved with a few expert witness cases involving fitness equipment and personal training.|