Expert in Flare Design, Combustion & Environmental Studies (Radiation & Plume/Toxic Calcs)
1) Direct communications with major clients in the USA, the Middle East, Europe, South America and the Far East.
2) Secure business opportunities and negotiate contracts, in the USA and abroad. Prepare quartlery marketing reports and contacts.
3) Design of process equipment (flares, pressure vessels, gas risers, booms, and control systems) for offshore and onshore projects.
4) Prepare specifications and proposals for flare systems packages.
5) Knowledge of flare designs by other flare competitors.
6) Knowledge of design codes/standards/recommendations pertaining to environmental regulations.
7) Technical support, (inclusive of design changes, writing specifications, engineering calculations, field support, training of personnel and performing sales presentations),
8) Special studies with detailed reports on smokeless combustion, combustion radiation, emission and toxic analysis, plume analysis.
9) Writing of safety and operating manuals in English, Spanish and Arabic.
He worked as a consulting engineer for ENERFLEX-MACTRONIC from 2001 thru 2008 and for TARPON ENERGY from 2008 thru March 2009. He provided engineering design and support services. He generated proposals and used his marketing and salesmanship skills to contact clients worldwide to generate business. He managed to secure major contracts in Latin America, the Middle East and Australia.
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: Houston, Texas - Pasadena, Texas - Beaumont, Texas - College Station, Texas - Baytown, Texas - Bryan, Texas - Sugar Land, Texas - Victoria, Texas - Port Arthur, Texas - Galveston, Texas
|Year: 1988||Degree: BSME||Subject: Mechnical Engineering with concentration on gases, combustion and thermal analysis||Institution: Texas A&M University|
|Years: 2001 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Mechanical Engineer||Department: Facilities||Responsibilities: 1) He coordinates projects/wrokload.
2) He designs and sizes process equipment and instrumetation.
3) He designs Flare Systems
4) He prepares environmental/combustion calculations and studies
5) He coordinates communications among all engineering disciplines and design group
6) He coordinates the review and approval process of vendors drawings and final engineering data.
7) He is the focal technical contact for vendors on major projects.
8) He evaluates and reviews purchase orders
9) He performs periodic field trips to vendors facilities and fabyard of the vessels
|Years: 2001 to 2009||Employer: ENERFLEX-MACTRONIC||Title: Mechanical/Process Engineer-Consultant||Department: Flares & Combustion||Responsibilities: He Provided support in engineering, design, calculations, studies of flares, compressors and relief systems. Also, assists in sales and marketing by generating contacts, doing presentations, issue monthly publications, and writing brochures.|
|Years: 1991 to 2001||Employer: BP-America||Title: Mechanical-Process Engineer||Department: Kaldair-Flares &Combustion||Responsibilities: He Contacted major clients around the world and secured business opportunities/negotiated contracts. He also designed process equipment (flares, pressure vessels, gas risers, booms, and control systems) for offshore and onshore projects and prepared specifications and proposals for flare systems packages.
He has knowledge of design codes/ standards pertaining to environmental regulations and he offers technical support, (inclusive of design changes, writing specifications, engineering calculations, field support, training of personnel and performing sales and training presentations),
He Produced safety and operating manuals in English, Spanish and Arabic.
|Years: 1989 to 1991||Employer: Southwest Research Institute||Title: Research Engineer||Department: Chemical Engineering and Fire Technology||Responsibilities: 1) He assisted in design and construction of the Roof Calorimeter furnace.
2) He modified the design of flow and combustion equipment.
3) He performed testing of building materials.
4) He developed Knowledge of building codes & qualified for listing/labling.
5) He developed safety & operating procedure.
6) He prepared the final report for approval and certification by UL & FM.
7) He promoted the facilities worldwide.
8) He participated ASTM and ASME conferences.
|Years: 1992 to 1993||Agency: NASA||Role: Supplier||Description: He designed hydrogen flare systems for NASA.|
|Years||Country / Region||Summary|
|Years: 1994 to 1995||Country / Region: Saudi Arabia||Summary: He performed the design work in the USA and traveled for training and engineering support as required.|
|Years: 1997 to 1999||Country / Region: Brazil||Summary: He performed the design work in the USA and traveled for training and engineering support as required.|
|Years: 1996 to 2000||Country / Region: Argentina||Summary: He performed the design work in the USA and traveled for training and engineering support as required.|
|Years: 2006 to 2008||Country / Region: Australia|
|Associations / Societies|
|He is an ASME member.|
|Publications and Patents Summary|
|He has issued more than 24 publications on Oil & Gas, Relief Gas and Flare and Recovery Systems.|
|Training / Seminars|
|He developed environmental presentations specifically tailored for training of engineers and conducted these seminars annually in Calgary, Canada for my clients.|
|He acted as a focal contact for hundreds of vendors through different major projects. He attended conferences and trade shows for more than 15 years and established numerous contacts with vendors around the world.|
|In addition to his engineering tasks, he contacted new and existing clients (by phones and e-mails) to generate business. He also negotiated small and big contracts and performed sales and training presentations. He studied the global oil & gas market and issued periodic reports to employers/clients.|
|Other Relevant Experience|
|He translated technical documents for clients such as Shell and MOC in English, Arabic and Spanish.
He issued monthly publications "Burning Issues" for a period of 2 years.
|Arabic||He is very proficient in Arabic. He spoke this language since birth and studied the history of Arabic while in college in Syria. He had worked on translating documents for oil & gas companies such as MOC from English into Arabic and vice versa.|
|Spanish||He studied this language while in college and continued to learn and use this language in his work. He managed the Latin American Territory while working for BP (Kaldair) and travelled frequently to perform traning presentations and discuss engineering designs with clients.|