Expert in Flexible PCB (FPC) for Automotive Applications
Expert ID: 732591 India
The pre-punched Flex panels were pasted selectively on large format (500+mm x 250mm) pre punched aluminium panel. Two primary adhesive technologies were used, low cost PSA (pressure sensitive adhesive) for Rear Lamp Automotive applications having OSP finish and thermoset adhesive (TSA) for Front Lamp applications (DRL) with ENIG finish.
The primary challenges were ensuring tolerances for registration of different layers on the large size panel as Flexible PCB material alongwith Aluminium have very high dimensional instability:-
- Copper to Coverlay/ Solder Mask
- Copper to Hole
- Flex hole to Aluminium hole
As the end application were automotive, IPC Class 3 requirements were used for cosmetics and other functional characteristics with a very high yield rate and zero low failures at customer end.
All related functions in the operations for the manufacturing of Flexible PCB viz
1) CAD/ CAM using AutoCAD & CAM350 were setup by Expert to do all pre-production activities. The engineers on these platforms were trained by Expert alongwith establishment of DFM rules for new/ changed products.
2) Purchase & Inventory department were established alongwith relevant databases. The staff was trained by Expert for following various procedures and using the packaged software Busy. The initial vendor identification & negotiations for various materials + equipment related to manufacturing were done by Expert. After establishment of the relationship it was transferred to Purchase department for regular ordering.
3) The various quality systems viz ISO 9001, ISO TS 16949, ISO 14001 were personally established by Expert and certifications were done under his position as Management Representative. Subsequently a Quality Department was established and trained by Expert to oversee the compliances to ANFIA, VDA 6.3 and other customer specific standards.
4) The marketing efforts were driven in the background by Expert viz creation of cost sheets, marketing presentation, identification of opportunities (in the form of exhibitions, customers).
5) The R&D efforts on new materials & technologies were driven by Expert, by focusing on enquiries which were being refused by the previous employer. Trial material kits were ordered having FCCL of various configurations to test the production capabilities by Expert. Teams were established to report on the trials. The succcessful samples were exhibited at various exhibitions to generate customer interest & confidence.
6) Expert created the HR Manual & established a HR department to take care of the 300+ employees at the previous employer having several engineers & blue collar workers
7) Expert has travelled extensively to Europe, Mexico, SE Asia to meet various customers & suppliers
|Year: 1998||Degree: B. Tech.||Subject: Mechanical Engineering||Institution: AMU, Aligarh, India|
|Years: 1998 to 2015||Employer: Fusion Electronics Pvt Ltd||Title: Plant Manager||Department:||Responsibilities: Expert was responsible for complete operations, following department heads reporting for efficiency and effectiveness:
Production, Maintenance, Purchase, Human Resource, Quality, and Product Development.
|English||Good in Speaking, Writing & Reading|
|Hindi||Good in Speaking, Writing & Reading|