Expert in Food waste reduction, consumer food habits, product design for food waste reduction
Expert ID: 735433 California, USA
• Consumer Insights. Having authored “Waste-Free Kitchen Handbook,” launched the Save the Food campaign, overseen research on food waste in over 600 households, and overanalyzed her children’s food-throwing habits, Expert provides deep expertise on why consumers waste food. Applying this expertise to product design, she helps food and tech companies, such as Google, create products that help consumers waste less in their homes.
• Business Strategy. Expert is a founding Board Member of ReFED and has been an advisor to both industry associations and individual food companies. She has helped businesses as small as food incubator Kitchentown and as large as Walmart to identify strategies that lead to less food wasted.
• System Design. Expert has collaborated on food waste reduction projects that span the worlds of industry, policy, academia, media, technology, philanthropy, and households. Because of this, she has been an expert witness both in Congress and industry cases, and is able to bring that expertise and systems thinking to any project.
|Year: 2002||Degree: MS||Subject: Earth Systems; Sustainable Business||Institution: Stanford University|
|Year: 2002||Degree: Certificate||Subject: Innovative Manufacturing and Product Creation||Institution: Stanford University|
|Year: 2000||Degree: BS||Subject: Earth Systems; Energy||Institution: Stanford University|
|Years: 2018 to 2019||Employer: (Undisclosed)||Title: Principal||Department:||Responsibilities: Founder and lead consultant|
|Years: 2009 to 2018||Employer: (Undisclosed)||Title: Senior Scientist||Department:||Responsibilities: • Recognized as founder of national movement towards food waste reduction
• Founded, led, & raised funds for NRDC’s food waste initiative with annual $2-3M budget
• Authored book and two landmark reports on food waste
• Launched $100M Save the Food campaign w/ Ad Council
• Launched $4M Food Matters project with cities
• Advised corporate food waste reduction including with Walmart, Sodexo, Bon Appetit Mgmt Company
|Years: 2007 to 2009||Employer: Fair Trade USA||Title: Supply Chain Manager||Department:||Responsibilities: Strategic sourcing working in developing countries with small scale suppliers and companies such as Starbucks and Ben & Jerry’s to establish Fair Trade Certified products.|
|Years: 2004 to 2006||Employer: RESOLVE, Inc.||Title: Mediator||Department:||Responsibilities: Associate mediator for multi-stakeholder negotiations.|