Expert in Formulation Chemistry
Expert ID: 736351 Massachusetts, USA
A leader in wet chemistry formulations, characterization, analysis, instrumentation, and on-site support of cGMP product manufacturing process, he holds a doctorate in the area of Inorganic and Materials Chemistry from the State University of New York at Binghamton.
• Microscopy, TEM, SEM, AFM (6 years)
• Powder XRD, XPS (7 years)
• GCMS/LCMS (6 years)
• DART, NMR, FTIR, UV-Vis and LC/MS (7 years)
• TGA, DSC, DMA. (6 years)
• Stability studies; Particle size analyzer (6 years)
• Viscosity studies; Rheometer, Viscometer (6 years)
• Solubility studies, Chromatography, HPLC (6 years)
• Lean Manufacturing, APIs, cGMP, Stability Studies (3 years)
• Injection molding,Plastics Extrusion (3 years)
• Product Development, Research & Development, Laboratory Management (6 years)
• Analytical instrumentation tools and Understanding of spectroscopy (6 years)
• Laboratory Experience, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance (6 years)
|Year: 2011||Degree: PhD||Subject: Material Chemistry||Institution: State University of New York AT Binghamton|
|Year: 2001||Degree: B.S.||Subject: Chemistry Education||Institution: Kenyatta University|
|Years: 2018 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Lead Chemist||Department: Formulation Chemistry|
Responsibilities:Development and on-site support of cGMP product manufacturing processes.
• Spray drying Technology, Alcohol encapsulation.
• Update older formulas using newer products or alternative raw materials in personal care industry
• Develop new test methods for evaluation of polymer products and formulations
• Support technical service, including formulation development and troubleshooting
• Compounding and packaging of finished formulations for sampling
• Support R&D by evaluating experimental polymer products, advising on acceptable raw materials
• Conducting cutting edge research in the areas of encapsulation and delivery for flavors and fragrances
• Authoring common technical documentation for regulatory submissions and well-versed writing skills for producing and
editing documents such as SOPs, reports, and other laboratory-related documentation.
• Increase of bioavailability of the active pharmaceutical ingredient through nano sizing increased solubility and
bioavailability of the finished product.
• Lead consulting chemist in the formulation of oil-in-water (O/W) and water-in-oil (W/O) emulsions for spray drying
application in the food and beverage industry.
• Solid state encapsulation of the active ingredient of CBD for medicinal application in powder system during the spray
• Low temperature encapsulation of low volatile solvents like ethanol through spray drying process.
• Develop and improve new and existing products including formulations and flavors, based on defined customer or inhouse requirements, create master formulas and compounding instructions as needed including API.
|Years: 2011 to 2018||Employer: Warner Babcock Institute||Title: Senior Scientist||Department: Material Science|
Responsibilities:• Synthesis of water dispersible Polyurethane polymers for use as clear coats on wood surfaces.
• Experienced with a wide range of chemistries and polymers such as UV cured, thermoset, polyurethanes, PVA
• Multi step synthesis of polyurethane based adhesives for roof tops application with ability to control the time needed for
the adhesives to set during application and subzero temperatures.
• Study and mechanical analysis of polymer material and polymer/plastics industry with Working knowledge in polymer
• Participate in early stage activities such as physicochemical characterization (Powder X-ray diffraction, DSC, TGA,
Raman and FTIR analysis, Particle size, polarized light microscopy, moisture sorption analysis)
Coatings/Device assembly accomplishments
• Surface coatings using enhanced hydrophobic materials for increased stability and durability of the coated surfaces for
• Coatings and improvements of paints for use in hydrophobic coatings of surfaces for enhanced stability and durability.
• Hands on industrial experience in application and development of polymer materials resins for coatings, adhesives, films
formation, composites, thermoplastics, and thin film coatings.
• Formulation and material development of polymer inks, sol-gel metal oxides and metal electrodes nanoparticles that are
compatible to different coating techniques.
• Explored the growth of thin films conducting polymer by vapor phase polymerization as a p-type hole transporting material
and as a cheaper replacement for more expensive commercially available indium doped tin oxide (ITO) electrodes on
• Synthesis and characterization of conducting polymers and semiconductor metal oxides nanomaterials for developing a
variety of low-cost thin films and novel air stable hybrid solar cells with excellent efficiencies under simulated sunlight.
Personal Care/Pharmaceutical accomplishments
• Solid state encapsulation of the active ingredient of CBD for medicinal application in powdered system by spray drying
process using food grade polymers.
• Working on low cost encapsulation formulations, with experience in particle encapsulation, coacervates formation and
spray drying using biodegradable polymers for Drug delivery application through encapsulation and fragrance
• Modify excipients (inactive ingredients) through small molecules non-covalent derivatization to increase the bioavailability
of low-solubility active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) with HPLC solubility studies to ascertain bioavailability.
• Solubility, dissolution, and stability assessments (HPLC), salt and polymorph screening and characterization for small
molecule drug candidates
|Publications and Patents Summary|
|Patents: 1 a copolymer of polyvinyl alcohol and trifluoro acetaldehyde derivatized to have a substituent that contains fluorine.