Expert in Geology/Seismic Interpretation
• Expert in Conventional and Unconventional Exploration and Development in multiple basins.
• Vertical and Horizontal well planning and execution.
• Accomplished and Certified Senior Geologist and Professional with extensive global Consulting and Project Management expertise in the upstream oil and gas industry.
• Consistent record of finding profitable oil and gas reserves by integration of subsurface data with 3D seismic data.
• Recent regional studies yielded 2 large unconventional prospects with potential of 5MM barrels of oil each.
• Results-driven leader with a strong emphasis in Economic Evaluation and Mapping.
• Proven history and success increasing profitability, improving performance, providing leadership and cultivating productivity in sensitive, fast-paced environments in a highly competitive industry.
• Solid ability to rapidly assimilate new technologies and concepts to meet the demands of dynamic and diverse operational environments and client satisfaction.
• Highly experienced in exploration, exploitation, and development for multiple independent producers as an employee and consultant.
• Articulate and easily establishes rapport and credibility with people at all levels, diverse backgrounds, and cultures.
• Ability to be productive in collaborative and independent environments and show leadership within a team
• Effective communicator with strong verbal and written skills
• Excellent proficiency in MS Office products, Petra, SMT Kingdom, and numerous software applications, some PHDWin, and Landmark.
KEY MANAGEMENT AREAS
Managing Multiple Projects
Integration of Subsurface and Seismic Data
2D/3D Seismic Evaluation
Identifying Growth Opportunities
Business Development & Growth
Independent Generating & Selling Prospects
Data Mining, Analysis & Manipulation
Economic Models/Geological Maps & Well Logs
Cultivating Business Relationships
Expert may consult nationally and internationally, and is also local to the following cities: Houston, Texas - San Antonio, Texas - Austin, Texas - Killeen, Texas - College Station, Texas - Bryan, Texas - Sugar Land, Texas - Round Rock, Texas - Victoria, Texas - Temple, Texas
|Year: 1979||Degree: Bachelors of Science||Subject: Geology with Chemistry minor||Institution: Stephen F. Austin State University|
|Years: 2015 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Contract A&D Geologist||Department:||Responsibilities: Finding and evaluating assets for acquisition in the Delaware and Permian Basins, Texas and Oklahoma
• Closed on an acquisition in Oklahoma. Involved in further delineation for future development.
|Years: 2014 to 2015||Employer:||Title: Contract Senior Geologist||Department:||Responsibilities: • Integrate subsurface geology into Petra project and mapping numerous reservoirs.
• Work closely with engineer for input into volumetric calculations.
• Construct presentation maps for data room to sell assets.
• Present geological data to potential buyers of East Bay Field, Offshore Louisiana.
• Asset sold for $21MM and assumption of $137MM abandonment liability.
|Years: 2013 to 2014||Employer: Loin Energy||Title:||Department:||Responsibilities: • Basin analysis and regional mapping of Strawn Stratigraphy on the Eastern Shelf of the Permian Basin.
• Prospect level mapping in Ft. Chadbourne field for an oil resource play with 5MM barrel potential in the Gray Sandstone and Gardner Sandstone reservoirs.
• Used Petra to construct structure, isopach maps and cross-sections.
• Under my leadership, company gained a large lease position and successfully drilled its first well.
|Years: 2013 to 2014||Employer: Petrosaurus, Inc||Title:||Department:||Responsibilities: • Conducted a field study of Somerset field, Bexar, and Atascosa Counties, Texas.
• Mapped multiple Cretaceous age reservoirs with Petra and recommended recompletions.
|Years: 2010 to 2013||Employer:||Title: Chief Geologist||Department:||Responsibilities: • Evaluated and recommended participation in an Ellenberger prospect, resulting in discovery of Bootleg Canyon Field, Delaware Basin, Texas.
• Assessed Unconventional Wolfberry, Cline, and Fusselman formations in Glasscock and Martin County, Permian Basin, Texas leading to acquisition of acreage and successful drilling program which was later sold.
• Mapped and recommended a Frio formation prospect in Nueces, County, Texas, resulting in a discovery on the Chapman Ranch.
• Increased proven oil reserves by 600% within 2 years.
|Years: 2008 to 2010||Employer: Austin Exploration||Title:||Department:||Responsibilities: • Supervised operations of logging and acid stimulation of a five well program in Kentucky.
• Conducted a regional assessment of Eagle Ford Shale in South Texas.
• Recommended participation in Ellislie Plantation No. 1, Adams County, Mississippi and Villarreal H-1, La Salle County, Texas discovery wells.
|Years: 2006 to 2008||Employer: Ameristate Exploration||Title:||Department:||Responsibilities: • Performed field exploration planning, program implementation, data acquisition, and interpretation.
• Generated prospects in the Wilcox (Lobo) formation, Webb County, Texas.
• Interpreted 110 sq. mi. 3D survey in Kenedy County, Texas resulting in several Frio prospects.
• Conducted a field study of East Millman Unit, Lea County, New Mexico for possible water flood leading to the field being sold for a profit.
|Years: 2000 to 2006||Employer: Caravela Exploration Co||Title:||Department:||Responsibilities: • Planned, implemented, and administered all daily operations, ensuring the company met its annual goals and objectives.
• Generated a regional interpretation of the Escondido and Olmos formations in Webb and LaSalle Counties, Texas identifying prospective areas for acquisition.
• Performed a field study in Atascosa County, Texas identifying several untested fault blocks which became part of a successful divestiture.
• Generated a 3D prospect offshore Texas, integral to a $14MM sale of the property.
• Developed, marketed, and sold a prospect offshore Texas later acquired at an OCS lease sale; resulted in a commercial discovery.
|Associations / Societies|
American Association of Petroleum Geologists
American Institute of Professional Geologists
Society of Independent Professional Earth Scientists
Houston Geological Society
|Licenses / Certifications|
|Certified Petroleum Geologist, American Association of Petroleum Geologists
Certified Petroleum Geologist, American Association of Professional Geologists