Expert in Geomatics and Geospatial Technologies
Expert ID: 733497 Canada
• A Senior Geomatics Engineer/Specialist with 16 years of local and international experience (Canada, USA, UK, The Netherlands, Qatar, Oman and Dubai) in Engineering, Construction and Information Management fields as Senior Technical Consultant, Development Manager, Design Engineer, Site Supervisor (Construction and Site Survey projects), Offshore Data Processor, Team Lead, Data Conversion/Migration Specialist, Application developer and Field/Office Coordinator.
• Experience providing Geomatics support and consulting in Pipeline Construction, City Infrastructure Construction, Building Construction, Information Management, Information Modelling and Field Data Collection (above the ground and underground) to the Oil& Gas industries, City, Municipal, Government and Utilities (Water, Electric, and Telecommunication) organizations.
• Surveying experience in the Marine environment, including experienced in surface and subsurface positioning and bathymetric data processing.
• Proficient in most of the software products used in Engineering Design, Data Modelling, Data Processing, Construction Management, Project Management, Information Management and Document Management (with version control); AutoCAD, Microstation V8, AutoCAD Civil 3D, AutoCAD Map, Revit, Navisworks, Infraworks, BIM 360 Glue, CloudWorx, Cyclone, ArcGIS, ArcPAD, Microsurvey, LIECA Geo Office, Trimble Business Center, AutoCAD Vaults, MS Project, Primavera, Deltek Vision and MS Office programs.
• Experience in scheduling, assigning task, monitor, track and report of the status of projects using Microsoft Project, Primavera and Deltek vision for the project planning.
• Advance knowledge and understanding of techniques used in site & construction survey and field data collection (Above the Ground and Under Ground) that include Ground Penetrate Radar (GPR), GPS, Mobile Technology, Laser Scanning, UAV, Participatory GIS (PGIS) etc.
• Geomatics Solutions Expert for Field Scout, BIM, Information Management and Field to finish.
• Demonstrated ability to define and prioritize product requirements and development efforts, ensuring business and strategic objectives are met throughout the product lifecycle
• Proven ability to understand customers' operations and business drivers and translate them into product requirements
• Demonstrated ability to understand strategic direction and apply it to specific product initiatives
• Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with customer and industry presentation experience
• Excellent interpersonal skills with an understanding of how to build and maintain strong internal relationships with key stakeholders
• Ability to travel within the Canada, USA and internationally.
|Year: 2014||Degree: Masters of Engineering||Subject: Geomatics Engineering||Institution: University of Calgary, AB, Canada|
|Year: 1999||Degree: Bachelor of Engineering||Subject: Civil Engineering||Institution: Mehran University of Engineering and Technology, Pakistan|
|Years: 2018 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Consultant||Department:||Responsibilities: Survey modeling for the construction support. Analyse design drawings and specifications in order to provide traceable and coordinated interpretations of the design/drawings for construction, including their completeness and constructability|
|Years: 2015 to 2016||Employer: BrockwellIT Consultant||Title: Senior Technical Consultant||Department:||Responsibilities: • Provide analytical and technical solution for the Geo Spatial and Engineering problems
• Consultant for Geomatics Engineering projects.
• Collaboratively develop new product and customer-specific solutions to solve complex utility information integration and mapping problems.
• Provide guidance to solve engineering problems, to implement infrastructure asset management and for the field data collection (above the ground and underground utilities) for the city and utilities organizations by using advance techniques and currently available software & equipment/devices.
• Participating in presales activities, including leading proposal development.
• Involve in all phases of system and data migration/conversion process.
• Perform database conversion and maintenance in spatial databases (Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server and MYSQL).
• Wrote technical reports and manuals.
|Years: 2006 to 2013||Employer: Challenger Geomatics Ltd||Title: Development Manager, Technical Support Supervisor/ System Analyst, Office Resource Manager, Technical Support Supervisor/ Survey Technologist||Department:||Responsibilities: • Provided technical support to Engineering, GIS, Survey and Drafting departments.
• Worked directly with President, Vice President, Chief Technology Officer and Project Managers to improve existing business process and developing standard work procedures and templates.
• Supervised Site & Construction Survey, CAD, GIS, Solution Development and specialized Geomatics Engineering projects.
• Conducted gap analysis to understand the current state of the company’s existing procedures and software relative to the company’s vision and competitors in the industry and provided expertise to re-engineering the process or help to build a solution that would overcome expectations.
• Facilitated sessions with key stakeholders from different departments to ensure that the proposed solution is aligned with the general expectations and could be integrated with other in-house solutions.
• Built workflow designs using Microsoft Visio translating the business requirements identified during the gap analysis.
• Worked closely with software development teams and managing developers.
• Responsible for system analysis, requirement studies and system testing.
• Involved in deformation monitoring project that include processing of Leica Laser scanner point cloud data, calculation of deformation residual and creation of resultant chart and drawings.
• Involved in 3D modelling of a plant site that include processing of Laser scanner point cloud data and creation of 3D model.
• Processed LIDAR data for surface modeling, volume calculation and for change detection.
• Involved in CAD and survey standards & procedural meetings, provide recommendations and improved & documented in house standards & procedures.
• Contributed in road, pipeline, storm water management and land development projects.
• Worked on alignment sheets, crossing sheets, mass haul diagram plan production and profile drawings.
• Processed laser scanner data, performed data cleaning and involved in 3D modelling.
• Performed surface analysis for slope calculation, contours adjustments and water drop analysis, calculated grade sheets, performed volume calculations, plan checks, calculated water catchment areas, calculated high point & low point for storm water management and pipe network projects.
• Incorporating data from different sources into one GIS system and prepared maps.
• Verified the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites
• Implemented CAD drawings document control and management system with versioning control using Autodesk Vaults server.
• Prepared training materials and conducted online and in person training sessions for internal and external clients.
• Prepared functional specification documents, technical reports and manuals.
• Organized and participated in technical meetings and provide technical recommendations.
• Implemented project planning module that include project cost estimation and budget, project work flow, resource & material management and forecast, assign task, calculate earn value, monitor, track and report of the status of projects.
• Attended meetings with clients and promote positive client contact with current or prospective clients.
|Years: 2000 to 2006||Employer: Fugro||Title: Data Processor/Team Lead/GIS Specialist||Department:||Responsibilities: • Planned and Supervised site & construction survey, CAD, GIS mapping and GIS development projects.
• Worked with GPS (Trimble and Leica 1200) data, LIDAR data, survey data, parcel mapping, high resolution satellite imagery in order to produce map.
• Worked on road and pipeline alignment, crossing, profile sheets and plan productions.
• Processed LIDAR data for 3D data modelling and fly through.
• Developed project plan, assigns tasks to field and office staff and holds personnel accountable for performance.
• Responsible for the management of the project and continuously monitor project performance in meeting budgetary and profit targets, and initiate appropriate changes as required.
• Supervised field and office staff that including on site supervision when required.
• Liaised with project clients on an on-going basis, keeping the client informed as to progress and problems, and, dealing with client complaints, queries etc.
• Monitored the performance of personnel assigned to the project for the purpose of maintaining service quality and continuous improvement
• Coordinated with surveyors and field staff for field data gathering and verification.
• Involved in Geo-spatial investigations by collecting raw field data such as Geographic Position System (GPS) coordinates to develop spatial models and maps.
• Developed several data conversions/migration, data processing, data quality check models, tools and applications to support on going GIS mapping, CAD and surveying projects.
• Customized GIS platforms and developed GIS application for several OIL & GAS, Utility organization and Governments clients for asset management that include emergency response system.
• Processed bathymetric data to create charts and maps.
• Trained GIS, CAD users and surveyors.
• Liaise with clients both internal and external.
|Years||Country / Region||Summary|
|Years: 2018 to 2018||Country / Region: Canada||Summary: Survey modeling for the construction support. Analyse design drawings and specifications in order to provide traceable and coordinated interpretations of the design/drawings for construction, including their completeness and constructability|
|Years: 2015 to 2015||Country / Region: USA||Summary: Implemented infrastructure asset management system. Wrote a comprehensive report for a city in USA for infrastructure asset management project that include; procedure and recommendation for GIS field data collection/verification (above the ground and underground utilities) by using advance techniques and currently available software & equipment/devices (mobile GPS technology, ground penetrate radar (GPR) and participatory GIS.|
|Years: 2012 to 2012||Country / Region: Canada||Summary: Worked as a drafting supervisor for a World Bank project of Guyana. This project involved bathymetry surveys and creation of final alignment and cross-section maps of the entire drainage system in AutoCAD format for the various channels, canals and waterways within the East Demerara Water Conservancy, one of the major conservancy systems in Guyana.|
|Years: 2007 to 2008||Country / Region: Canada||Summary: Worked as site supervisor and civil design engineer for construction surveys for the south expansion of Light Rail Transit (LRT) Project in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Duties include in this project; • Supervise survey crews, meeting with clients, • Calculate design coordinates from the design drawings. • Configure and upload calculated coordinate file to the GPS for site layout, • Download GPS, Total Station and leveller data and insert data into the main calc drawing file, • Compare as built survey data with design data, • Perform water drop analyse to see flow of water to the manhole, • Create DTM file using design drawing’s calc data and upload in GPS equipment for site layout and site as built checks. • Modify design drawing for field fit by coordination with client.|
|Years: 2009 to 2009||Country / Region: Canada||Summary: Designed deformation monitoring application of oil storage tank for Enbridge that uses Laser Scanner data in order to calculate deformation values and allows user to visualize deformation resultant in 3D.|
|Years: 2005 to 2005||Country / Region: Qatar||Summary: Worked as Field Data Processor for a project of Gabbro and Tebodin. These projects involved Pre-Lay Site Survey and As Built Site survey, detail contours and final maps in AutoCAD format as well as in printed format.|
|Years: 2004 to 2005||Country / Region: Oman||Summary: Worked as GIS Solutions architect and developer, analysed and designed architecture of real time GIS system that support GPS Leica 1200 System and trained surveyors to collect GIS data from sites and also provide technical expertise for GIS database designing for Shell petroleum and Petroleum Development of Oman, Oman.|
|Years: 2003 to 2004||Country / Region: Dubai, UAE||Summary: Worked as data conversion specialist and application developer, performed data conversion of electricity, water, telecommunications and cadastral data sets into ESRI standard Geo Database from Framme, Intergraph of whole Dubai, designed data comparison application b/w Framme and ESRI Geodatabase, designed asset management system and designed an application to calculate water demand in user selected areas for DEWA (Dubai Electricity and Water Authorities), UAE|
|Years: 2004 to 2004||Country / Region: The Neatherlands||Summary: Supervised railway design drawings conversion project that required conversion of railway raster design drawings into the MicroStation based GIS system for The Netherlands Government Agency. Worked as GIS Solutions architect and developer, analysed and designed architecture of real time|
|Years: 2001 to 2001||Country / Region: UK||Summary: Worked as an offshore surveyor and data processor for several pipeline Pre-lays, As-laid, As-Trench and As-Built offshore pipeline survey projects and performed bathymetric raw data processing, event logging and creation of alignment, crossing, cross-sections and profile sheets for Fugro Survey, UK in various North Sea Locations.|
|Associations / Societies|
|-Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA), Canada, 2015
-Pakistan Engineering Council, 1999
|Licenses / Certifications|
|• Professional Engineer (P.Eng) licensed from Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA), Canada, 2015
• Professional Engineer (P.Eng) licensed from Pakistan Engineering Council, Pakistan, 1999.
• Project Management and Project Leadership Certificates from The Northern Alberta Institute of Technology, Edmonton, AB, Canada, 2010.
• Trimble GPS field data collection and data processing training by Cansel, Calgary, AB, Canada, 2014.
• Oracle Spatial 11g Essential training certification course by Oracle University, 2013.
• One-year Diploma in Computer Science from Petroman Training Institute, Hyderabad, Pakistan, 1994.
• Professional Engineer (P.Eng) licensed from Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA), Canada.
• Professional Engineer (P.Eng) licensed from Pakistan Engineering Council, Pakistan.
|Training / Seminars|
• Project Management and Project Leadership Certificates from The Northern Alberta Institute of Technology, Edmonton, AB, Canada.
• Fundamental of Civil 3D and Surveying (Field to Finished) courses by IMAGINiT Technologies, Edmonton, AB, Canada
• Configuring and Managing the Multiuser Geodatabase using ArcSDE and ArcGIS Server 10.1 for Site Configuration and Administration trainings by ESRI Canada.
• Oracle Spatial 11g Essential training course by Oracle University.
• Trimble GPS field data collection and data processing training by Cansel, Calgary, AB, Canada.
• LIECA C10 Laser Scanner data capturing and data processing training by Challenger Geomatics Ltd, Edmonton, AB, Canada.
• Introduction to Primavera (P6-01) training by ACME PROJECTS INC, Calgary, AB, Canada.
• WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System) course by Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT) Calgary, AB, Canada.
|Other Relevant Experience|
Engineering/CAD/GIS Software: MicroStation V8, AutoCAD Map, AutoCAD Civil3D, ArcGIS, ArcPAD, Infraworks, Autodesk Infrastructure map server, MicroSurvey, Lieca GEO office, Trimble Business centre, MicroStation Site Works, Global Mapper, FME, Cyclone and CloudWorx for AutoCAD.
GIS/CAD Application Designing: ArcObject, Python, ArcGIS Model Builder, Map Object, Autodesk VBA, AutoCAD ObjectArx, MicroStation VBA, Google Map & Earth APIs and Autodesk MapGuide API.
Languages / Packages: Visual Studio 2010, Eclipse, Visual Basic 6, Visual Basic .NET, ASP.NET, C# .NET, HTML5, Bootstrap, JQuery, WebRTC and XMPP (Openfire) server.
Databases: Oracle 11g, Microsoft SQL Server, MY SQL and Microsoft Access Database.
Data Modelling: Microsoft Visio (UML Diagrams).
Project Management: Microsoft Project, Primavera, Deltek Vision.