Expert in Healthcare; Transfusion, Hematopoietic and Solid Organ Transplants
Expert ID: 737636 India
• Well exposed to operating both manual and automated ELISA, CLIA workstation, automated blood grouping, and cross-matching.
• Delivered lectures regarding blood donation awareness and played the role of the Team lead in several blood donation camps.
|Year: 2018||Degree: MD||Subject: Transfusion Medicine||Institution: PGIMER|
|Years: 2020 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Consultant||Department: Transfusion Medicine|
|Years: 2018 to 2020||Employer: Yashoda Hospital||Title: Consultant||Department: Transfusion Medicine|
|Years||Country / Region||Summary|
|Years: 2019 to 2020||Country / Region: England||Summary: Specialist in Stem cell transplantation science|
|Associations / Societies|
|• Member of International Society of Blood Transfusion (ISBT)
• Member of American Society for Apheresis (ASFA)
• Member of Asian Association of Transfusion Medicine (AATM)
• Member of European Hematology Association (EHA)
• Member of International Society for Stem Cell Research (ISSCR)
• Member of American Society for Transplantation and Cellular Therapy (ASTCT)
• Member of International Society of Thrombosis and Hemostasis (ISTH)
• Life Member of Society of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine in India (STERMI)
• Life Member of Indian society of transfusion medicine (ISTM)
• Life Member of Indian society of Indian Society of Blood Transfusion and Immunohematology (ISBTI)
• Member of ASFA International Affairs Committee.
• Member of ISBT working parties like Donors and Donations, TTID, Global Blood Safety, Hemovigilance and ImmunoHematology.
• Member of Worldwide Network for Blood & Marrow Transplantation (WBMT) Education & Dissemination Committee.
|Licenses / Certifications|
|• Registered with Telangana medical council
• Registered with Karnataka medical council
|Observer ship in Tissue banking, TATA Hospital Mumbai, 2021.
Reviewer in Transfusion Clinique et Biologique Journal and International Journal Of Advanced Medical And Health Research.
Editorial board member in Current Medicine Journal.
|Awards / Recognition|
|British Society for Hematology ASM Scholarship award to attend the BSH ASM, Manchester, UK
Outreach Grant to attend the EBMT Lymphoma Working party meeting, Muenster, Germany
Blood Non-Member Grant to attend the Blood Meeting, Adelaide
Educational Participation Grant to attend the EHA202x Congress
I TRY IT Fellowship to attend the ISBT in FOCUS Congress
Scholarship to attend Highlights of Past EHA (HOPE) Asia Conference in Sri Lanka
Travel grant for BIC and the Inhibitor Conference, Genoa, Italy
|Medical / Professional|
|PhD in Stem Cell Biology from Panama; College of Cell Science (2021)
• Specialist in Stem cell Transplantation Science (Manchester University)(2020)
• DNB (ImmunoHematology and Blood Transfusion) NBE, India. (2019)
• MD (Transfusion Medicine) PGIMER, Chandigarh, India. (2018)
• MBBS from ExpertNTRUHS, India. (2012)
|Publications and Patents Summary|
|Training / Seminars|
|Trained adequately in the donor recruitment, donor screening, management of adverse donor reactions and post-donation counseling.
• Trained in Immuno-hematology, including workup of patients planned for Stem Cell transplant, Solid Organ Transplant, patients diagnosed with autoimmune hemolytic anemia, hemolytic disease of newborn and resolving blood grouping discrepancies and compatibility testing.
• Trained in HLA testing methodologies like CDC crossmatch, DSA typing, Luminex crossmatch, Flow crossmatch and Next Generation Sequencing.
• Trained in Hematopoietic Stem Cell Harvest both in children and adults, Cryopreservation and administration of Stem cell Product.
• Trained in various Tissue Banking methodologies like preparing and preserving Bone allografts and Amnion, Chorionic grafts from Placenta.
• Quality control of blood components, reagents and cold chain maintenance.
• Apheresis: Trained in Plateletpheresis, plasmapheresis and granulocytapheresis for donors and therapeutic procedures like plasma exchange, leukapheresis, erythracytapheresis and thrombocytapheresis.
• Trained in performing therapeutic apheresis by Immunoadsorption technique.
• Trained in decision making of blood component therapy and its administration.
• Trained in blood administration in special settings like massive transfusion, exchange transfusion, IUT and also in identification, investigation and management of adverse transfusion reactions in patients.
• Attended INDO-US Flow Cytometry workshop on ‘Clinical Applications of Flowcytometry’ at RMC, Bangalore on 29-30 January 2020.
• National Training Workshop on 8-9 August 2019 by Hemovigilance Programme Of India, NOIDA.
• Flowcytometry Workshop in STEM CELLS on 11-13 September 2017 by department of Translational and Regenerative medicine, PGIMER, Chandigarh.
Attended 1st National Conference on Hemovigilance by NIB, Government of India on 9-11 December 2021 at Noida.
• Attended CME on, Apheresis – A Comprehensive Appraisal, by Saveetha Medical College Hospital on 1st December 2021 at Tamilnadu.
• Attended CME on Transfusion Practices in Pediatrics and Obstetrics by Rainbow Hospitals on 28 January 2020 at Hyderabad.
• Participated as Speaker in CME on Immunohematology Update, on 2nd January 2020 at ESIC Hospitals, Hyderabad.
• Attended CME on Transfusion Support in Transplantation by KIMS Hospitals on 26 August 2019 at Hyderabad.
• Attended CME on Transfusion Medicine by ISBTI on 15 December 2018 at Hyderabad.
• Participated as Speaker in CME on Awareness of NAT, on 1st December 2018 at Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad.
• Participated as Speaker in CME on Leukoreduction, on 31 October 2018 at ESIC Hospitals, Hyderabad.
• National AIDSCON on 26-17 February 2016 by Chandigarh AIDS control society, Chandigarh.
Completed EHA Classical Master Class by European Hematology Association.
Completed CAR-T cell Course by European Society for blood and Marrow Transplantation.