Expert in Industrial Design for optical systems
Expert ID: 735217 Texas, USA
I am writing the lead article on Design Engineering for each issue (4 quarterly issues) of Design2Part magazine.
I try to design things for attractiveness and functionality, but the defense industry is far more interested in function.
Have designed numerous sheet metal enclosures and products. I have also designed the tooling and fixtures necessary to produce my designs. I work well with production people. When I get the opportunity, I try to design things for attractiveness as well as functionality.
Experienced user of GD&T. Occasionally use FEA. Good at managing bills of material and documentation. Experienced user of Excel and enjoy mathematical analysis. Work well as a team member. Work well with optical designers and EE's. Considerable experience with molded and machined parts. Significant experience with sheet metal, weldments and structural steel shapes. Excellent presentation skills.
I can make a very good presentation of a design for a design review.
Very good at organizing information into usable sets and developing algorithms to deal with it.
|Year: 1996||Degree: MBA||Subject: Business Administration||Institution: LeTourneau University|
|Year: 1974||Degree: BFA||Subject: Industrial Design||Institution: Carnegie-Mellon University|
|Years: 2007 to 2019||Employer: Self-employed||Title: Designer/Owner||Department: Design||Responsibilities: • Designed tooling for tube forming used in big truck emissions for Dinex Emission
• Designed four sheet metal speed ovens for Jetsweep Solutions LLC
• Designed fixtures and tools for manufacturing tubing assemblies (Automotive industry)
• CAD Administrator for five seats of Solidworks
• Designed handheld Night Vison device for observation and weapon fire
• Designed digital camera with video output to Smartphone
• Designed Thermal Weapon Sight for hog hunting
• Designed clip-on wireless transmission device for hunters
• Designed clip-on eyeglass light
• Designed image-intensified camera
• Developed underlying structure and intelligence of website for entertainers (Talentprovider.com) currently online
• Developed business plan for Talentprovider.com
• Developed algorithm for Talentprovider.com (currently being patented)
• Designed commercial pour spout with internal flow meter for beverage industry
• Developed formal documentation for complex electro-optical device used in currency authentication, including GD&T, tolerance analyses. Checked entire documentation package.
• Designed extremely small objective lens assembly for a military application.
• Designed test fixtures for various military night vision devices.
• Developed organically-shaped Infrared night vision goggle in Solidworks without previous experience in Solidworks (see at www.sauterindustrialdesign.com).
• Designed molded part and assembly for commercial HVAC controller (Zipset).
• Developed PCB designs for various products.
• Worked directly with Electrical Engineer/PCB layout designers on numerous projects.
• Designed sheet metal enclosure for a tabletop electronic device.
• Helped customers develop product ideas into patentable form.