Expert in Infection Prevention for Acute Care, Long-Term Care, Surgical Centers, Dialysis Centers, and Psychiatric Hospitals
Expert ID: 739364 Louisiana, USA
Her expertise ranges from NHSN surveillance and data analysis to chart reviews, root cause analysis, environmental assessments, and more. Expert is also a board-certified CIC, LTC-CIP, and Lean Six Sigma green belt. She understands the unique regulations and challenges related to each setting. Expert is passionate about healthcare quality and enjoys finding creative solutions to problems.
|Year: 2015||Degree: MHA||Subject: Healthcare Administration||Institution: Louisiana State University - Shreveport|
|Year: 2008||Degree: BS||Subject: Cardiopulmonary Science||Institution: Louisiana State University School of Allied Health - Shreveport|
|Years: 2022 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Infection Prevention Consultant||Department:|
Responsibilities:Infection prevention consulting for all healthcare settings, including: ICARS, subject matter expert support, and department of health support
|Years: 2021 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Corporate Infection Preventionist||Department:|
Responsibilities:Corporate infection prevention management for 140+ skilled nursing facilities. Duties include: providing subject matter support, CMS and CDC regulation interpretation, NHSN administration, and new infection preventionist onboarding.
|Years: 2018 to 2021||Employer: Ocshner Lafayette General Medical Center||Title: Infection Preventionist||Department:|
Responsibilities:• Perform monthly surveillance and epidemiologic investigation of hospital-acquired infections including,
but not limited to: CAUTI, CLABSI, VAE, SSI, MDRO's
• Clinical education for staff
• Identification of infectious disease processes, including prevention of controlling, infectious agent
• Assist in the development and implementation of performance improvement projects.
• Hospital liaison to the state department of health
• Root cause and data analysis for hospital-acquired infections.
|Years: 2015 to 2018||Employer: Lafayette General Medical Center||Title: Quality Clinical Analyst||Department:|
Responsibilities:• Core measure abstraction including, but not limited to: Sepsis, VTE, perinatal measures, & IMM
• Performance improvement project liaison for hospital departments
• Perform monthly surveillance and epidemiologic investigation of hospital-acquired infections including,
but not limited to: CAUTI, CLABSI, VAE, SSI, MDROs
• Root cause and data analysis for hospital-acquired infections and core measure fallouts.
|Licenses / Certifications|
|Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) - American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC) - 2008
Lean Six Sigma (green belt) - 3M - 2017
Certification of Infection Control & Epidemiology (CIC) - Certification Board of Infection Control (CBIC) - 2017
Long-Term Care Certified Infection Preventionist (LTC-CIP) - CBIC -2022