Expert in Infusion Nursing
Expert ID: 736160 Texas, USA
Technical Proficiencies: Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint); Blackboard, Canvas, and Moodle
Expert has been an infusion nurse for 25 years and is an expert in the standard of care of home infusion therapy nursing. Expert has assisted in defense of three cases against home infusion organizations. She holds a MS in Nursing and is credentialed by the Infusion Nurses Society (INS), Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) and the Association of Vascular Access (VA-BC). Expert speaks and writes in national publications and at national conferences and provide peer review for evidence-based professional journals. Expert currently splits her time between homes in the White Mountains of NH and the Texas Hill Country.
|Year: 2014||Degree: MSN||Subject: Nursing Education||Institution: American Sentinel University|
|Year:||Degree: Bachelor of Arts||Subject: Psychology||Institution: Rhode Island College|
|Year:||Degree: Associate of Science||Subject: Nursing||Institution: New Hampshire Technical Institute|
|Years: 1994 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Clinical Resource Nurse/Clinical Educator||Department: Nursing||Responsibilities: Direct patient care for home infusion patients as well as clinic oncology patients; development of ANCC approved nursing continuing education programs; establish clinical competencies; policy and procedure development; peer support and review.
• Developed a regional orientation program to prepare nurses for the provision of infusion therapy in a variety of practice settings including home care, hospitals and outpatient clinics.
• Created a series of online learning modules including an overview of infusion therapy, aseptic and sterile technique, and therapy specific programs to prepare nurse to manage patient care.
• Created an annual clinical competency program, with didactic and experiential components, to ensure best practices to optimize patient outcomes.
• Tasked with identifying quality initiatives and creating processes to assess outcomes in the identified areas to improve organizations goals and patient outcomes.
• Collaborated with senior clinical leadership to maintain best practices in policies and procedures and ensure compliance with accrediting and professional organizations.
• Created and implemented a train the trainer program to increase the access for delivery of ongoing educational programs throughout the organizations region.
• Developed and obtained multiple CE approved, clinical education courses to deliver to both NELC staff as well as Visiting Nurse Associations throughout Northern NE.
• Developed and provided clinical nursing education through the Commission for Case Manager Certification to provide approved educational program to Certified Case Managers.
• Developed and presented an 8-hour CE program for the Vermont Assembly of Home Health Associations to provide infusion therapy education for 11-member agencies.
• Developed inter-departmental training programs for pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, and patient service representatives.
• Researched and presented evidence-based findings on clinical practice questions to ensure standardized, best practices.
• Develop educational and training programs related to new therapies, innovations, and standards.
• Created literacy level patient teach sheets to facilitate independence for patients and caregivers in delivery of their home infusion therapy.
• Regular contributor to organization’s newsletter on a variety of topics related to infusion therapy
• Provided regional telephonic support for internal and external nurses as well as patients, prescribers, and caregivers.
|Years: 2005 to 2009||Employer: New England Life Care||Title: Lead IV Nurse Clinician||Department:||Responsibilities: • Provided clinical orientation and precepting for all new nursing staff.
• Provided ongoing peer review visits to ensure competency, identify and learning needs and provide educational/practice support to ensure best practices.
• Served as educator and preceptor for nurses learning advanced access techniques for Midline and PICC placement.
• Developed and implemented monthly clinical roundtable discussion with nurses to provide both educational opportunities as well as team building activities.
• Developed and maintained clinical resource relationship with member hospital nurses and home health agencies to promote evidence-based practice.
• Developed and provided multiple CE offerings for home care and hospital nurses in areas related to infusion therapy.
|Years: 1993 to 2005||Employer: New England Life Care||Title: Staff IV Nurse Clinician||Department:||Responsibilities: February 1994- February 2005
February 1993- February1994
• Collaborated with interdisciplinary hospital teams including prescribers, case managers and discharge planner to formulate appropriate discharge plans.
• Provided pre-discharge teaching, coordination of services for home care nursing and all other aspects of care to meet infusion therapy needs.
• Maintained collaborate relationships with following prescribers and home care agencies to ensure ongoing assessment of treatment plan and optimal outcomes.
• Managed all parenteral devices including intravenous, intraspinal and subcutaneous accesses
• Placed peripheral, Midline and PICC access devices
• Provided clinical nursing services to administer, manage and monitor patients in both the clinic and home care setting for a variety of therapies including parenteral nutrition, chemotherapy, biologic agents, anti-infective agents, inotropic agents and patient controlled analgesia.
• Successfully establish rapport with patients and families to effectively provide instruction necessary to facilitate a independence and a successful outcome to infusion therapy plan.
|Years: 1992 to 1993||Employer: Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center||Title: Registered Nurse Medical/Surgical||Department:||Responsibilities: • Provided primary nursing to complex medical and surgical patients|
|Years: 1991 to 1992||Employer: Anesthesia Pain Clinic, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center||Title: Nursing Case Manager||Department:||Responsibilities: • Collaborated with intra-professional treatment team to develop appropriate treatment plan and provide case management services for patients with chronic pain.
• Participate in daily rounds with other members of the team to ensure appropriate acute pain management for the impatient population
• Provided clinical nursing to assist with epidural access and other invasive pain management procedures
|Years: 1989 to 1996||Employer: Intracorp||Title: Medical Case Manager/Rehabilitation Nurse/Nursing Supervisor||Department:||Responsibilities: August 1989-October 1991
February 1995-September 1996
• Formulized individual rehabilitation plans to assist clients in obtaining the most medically indicated and cost-effective treatments to achieve maximum medical recovery and return to independent living.
• Promoted to supervise a team of 12 nurses in the management of rehabilitation and catastrophic medical patients.
• Returned to this position in a part time capacity at company’s request in 1995.
|Years: 1985 to 1991||Employer: Speare Memorial Hospital, ED and ICU||Title: Staff/Charge Nurse||Department:||Responsibilities: • Provided clinical nursing in two acute departments of a community hospital. Monitored patients’ cardiac, respiratory and neurological systems; utilized clinical skills to identify changes in patient status. Functioned independently according to ACLS and hospital standards.
• Worked with multiple technologies including cardiac and hemodynamic monitoring and ventilators. Maintained ongoing educational and ACLS certification.
|Associations / Societies|
|American Nurses Association
Association for Vascular Access
Clinical Review Committee, Journal of the Association for Vascular Access
Infusion Nurses Society
INCC Job Analysis Committee
Green and White Mountain Chapter Secretary
National Home Infusion Association
NH Nurses Association
Commission on Nursing Practice, NHNA
NH/VT Chapter, Oncology Nurses Association
Oncology Nursing Association
Professional Advisory & Quality Committee VNA/VNH
|Licenses / Certifications|
|RN license since 1985
Certified Registered Nurse Infusion (CRNI)
Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN)
Vascular Access- Board Certified (VA-BC)
|Medical / Professional|
|Volunteer Work: Registered Nurse 1997-2008
Plymouth Regional Clinic, Plymouth, NH
Provided triage, clinical nursing care, and physician assistance with a variety of medical procedures at this weekly, regional free clinic.
Healthcare Policy and Politics
Rivier University, RN-BSN Online Program
Clinical Nursing Professor
Plymouth State University BSN Program
|Publications and Patents Summary|