Expert in Innovation, Management, Design Thinking, Transformation, Change, Energy, Automotive, Private Equity
Expert ID: 733853 Arkansas, USA
VP of Strategy, Transformation, and Business Development and previously Vice President of Operations for the oil and gas, renewable energy, and mining resources division of the number 2 cable company in the world with 80 locations and 20,000+ employees. Responsible for global strategy in key markets of oil and gas and mining.
Global experience as a divisional President of an automotive tier 1, 2, and 3 engine components supplier based in Shanghai China.
CEO and COO of a recreational products company with a global footprint operating in several outdoor verticals.
Significant experience in supply side global business. Greenfielded four manufacturing facilities in China as well as turnaround of three in China. Green fielded multiple operations in the USA and consolidate several unites including a $20 million consolidation of an Australian unit.
Energy Infrastructure, wire and cable, private equity, biosciences, management consulting, organizational design, turnaround, strategy, change management
• Positions held: CEO, COO, Divisional President., President, Vice President, General Manager, and director.
• Over 17 years’ experience as a transformational senior executive creating value in sales, finance, and operations.
• Solid leadership, team building, change management, strategic negotiating and creative problem solving skills.
• PHD in International Business Administration and MBA with over 17 years of multi-site global management experience.
• Awarded Top Ten Automotive Supplier by Chinese Government at the Presidential Guest House in Beijing.
• Obtained the only license ever issues by the Chinese Government to make a deadly weapon in China.
• Over 20 years’ experience in global green field startups and distressed acquisitions.
|Year: 2017||Degree: PHD||Subject: International Business Administration||Institution: International School of Management|
|Year: 2007||Degree: MBA||Subject: Business Administration||Institution: Arkansas State University|
|Year: 1997||Degree: Bachelors||Subject: Design||Institution: Arkansas State University|
|Years: 2016 to 2017||Employer: Independent Consultant||Title: Independent Consultant||Department:||Responsibilities: Consult with a variety of organizations|
|Years: 2016 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Associate Professor of Management||Department:||Responsibilities: • Research areas
o Design Thinking and qualitative research methods
o International Business and Multicultural Management
o Change Management and Transformation
• Courses taught include Strategy, Innovation, International Business, Operations Management and Quantitative Methods
|Years: 2011 to 2016||Employer: Nexans Amercable - Energy Infrastructure Company||Title: Vice President of Strategy, Transformation, and Business Development Vice President of Operations, Director of Global Supply Chain||Department:||Responsibilities: • Led North American oil & gas and natural resources strategy and implementation working with LEK and customers to identify strategic avenues for growth, develop and train staff, and implement performance tracking on a weekly basis.
• Developed three year comprehensive strategic transformation plan to deliver more than $70 million in strategic growth in new markets to turnaround the performance of the company. Transforming and reorganizing the company and positioned new leadership for the growth.
• Led operations through strategic buyout by a large multinational French company.
• Managed product innovation and market strategy by leveraging design thinking qualitative tool to develop new generation down hole pump cable for submersible pumps in the Oil & Gas E&P market. Generated new business with Baker Hughes as well as Petrobras in Brazil. Penetrating a 1.4 billion dollar market where the company had no previous sales.
• Executed consolidation of excess global production capacity by moving twenty million euro of production from Australia and Germany to the El Dorado Arkansas plant in the USA.
• Managed a P&L in excess of $300 million dollars and over 400 people across six locations globally including the US, Australia, and China.
• Redesign copper hedging program resulting in over $300,000 annual savings, consolidate to a 3PL agreement generating $750K of savings, andachieved $900K in by reducing leveraging and consolidating suppliers. Saved more than $400,000 in sustainable green initiatives.
|Years: 2008 to 2011||Employer: The Anderson Group LLC||Title: President – Hastings East Manufacturing Company – Shanghai China/ Chief Operating Officer USA/CEO Asia/ Director Manufacturing- Horton Archery – Akron, Ohio||Department:||Responsibilities: • Engaged by Private equity to live in Shanghai and turnaround Chinese divisional operations of an automotive components supplier.
• Turned around a company that was losing $100K per month and workers on strike to a breakeven within three months by implementing a comprehensive turnaround plan with transparent performance metrics and benchmarking to global standards.
• Working empathetically and integratively, I hired and trained an entire core management team to position the company for future growth implementing tools to track company performance.
• Implemented design thinking tools with sales force and d launched four new OEM projects for Ingersoll Rand, MTD, Stihl, and Emerson. After one year was awarded Top Ten Automotive Supplier award at the Presidential Guest House in Beijing. Developed OEM project pipeline for Ford and Shanghai Volkswagen.
• Staffed and led a sourcing project to supply ductile iron castings from China that resulted in a consolidated positive contribution to EBITDA of over $2 million dollars.
• Implemented new ERP system within four months, TS16949 quality systems within eight months, and implemented and trained operations of lean six sigma tools.
- - -- - - - - -
• Engaged by private equity to lead the turnaround of a portfolio investment in a twenty million dollar outdoor sports company.
• Restructured purchasing team to manage over ten million dollars per year in sourced components resulting in improved margins from 31% to 45%.
• Established a WOFE (wholly owned foreign entity) in China and obtained the only license ever issued to produce a deadly weapon in China by either a domestic or foreign company.
• Started a new factory in Changzhou China which after one year increased margins from 45-61%. Developed an organization in China to source and control quality of product coming from Chinese vendors. Zero reject rate from the US parent company.
• Ran the company as Interim CEO through a 363 sale process. Successfully procured new ownership to recapitalize the company.
• Leveraged design thinking qualitative methods to engage customers and develop the two most popular and disruptive innovations in the market which led to a twenty million dollar backlog in forty five days.
• Developed and led market strategy by leveraging eight direct sales people and ten manufacturer’s representatives. Working directly with customers such as Dick’s, Bass Pro Shops, Cabela’s, and Walmart.
|Years: 2006 to 2008||Employer: DESCO Capital Partners||Title: Director Asian Operations - Corporate Purchasing Manager||Department:||Responsibilities: • Part of a management team tasked with the continued turnaround of a $99 million dollar door company with responsibility for 23 distribution centers and four manufacturing facilities.
• Implemented a detailed strategy to move over sixty five million dollars of purchased components to China. Hired and trained a global sourcing staff and saving the company over $3 million dollars annually.
• Green fielded an operation in Wuxi China which resulted in savings of more than $2 million USD annually.
• Directed the startup of Asian Operations in Wuxi China for Windsor door including staffing, equipment, training, vendor selection, and capital equipment selection.
• Established a sales team on the ground in China to allow Windsor Republic to begin exporting products into the China market.
|Years: 2003 to 2006||Employer: AGP Dallas||Title: President/ Principal||Department:||Responsibilities: • Acquisition investment in a distressed printing, packaging, and fulfilment company.
• Implemented a new marketing plan and developing new channels of business through strategic alliances which resulted in 28% yearly sales growth.
• Recapitalized the company by obtaining an asset based lending facility and collateralized borrowing base.
• Began extensive outsourcing program to capitalize on specialized manufacturers and drive down the company's cost of goods sold from 60% to 35%.
• Managed the merger of the company with a larger organization to increase market share and extend the IT and marketing capabilities of the company.
• Successfully divested the company through merger thus securing significant return on investment.
|Years: 1995 to 2006||Employer: The C4 Group||Title: VP of Operations-- Managing Partner / Vice President -- General Partner||Department:||Responsibilities: VP of Operations/Managing Partner - Precision Products Inc. – Mtn Home, Arkansas
• Managed the company's start up as a spin-off of Salem Plastics Inc. and grew sales to over four million dollars in three years.
• Built sales of over eight million dollars working with customers by creating innovative solutions to deliver value. Customers included Poulan, Today’s Kids Toys, Daisy BB Guns, Loren Cook, Pradco, Bartlett Collins, Saint Gobain, Contico, Sears Craftsman, Dover Elevator, Summit Racing, Victor Thermadyne
• Worked with a variety of retailers including Walmart, Sam’s, Costco, Mejers, Sears, Target, QVC, Home Shopping, Academy Sports, Bass Pro Shops, Dicks, etc.
Vice President / General Partner - Salem Plastics Inc
• Managed the acquisition of three companies into the organization. Including the shut-down of facilities and the selling of capital assets resulting in five million of additional sales and over one million of EBITDA impact.
• Championed a supplier consolidation program to consolidate vendor base and capitalize on economies of scale thus reducing COGS from 65% of sales to less than 50% of sales.
• Launched a new sales campaign resulting in 40% sales growth in 18 months.
• Customers included: Lockheed Martin, Duracraft, Custom Pak, Daisy BB Guns, Brass Eagle Paint Ball, Dollar General, Roach Conveyor, Cardinal Detecto Scales, Sun Water Systems, Bruce Foods, Ranger Boats, Douglas Kwikcut.
|Years||Country / Region||Summary|
|Years: 2009 to 2011||Country / Region: China||Summary: President of an Automotive Division for Private Equity|
Fields of Expertise
business organization, business innovation, strategy, design management, innovation, business strategy, electrical cable, underground mining, coal mining, alternative energy, petroleum, energy, wire and cable industry, automotive industry, recreational equipment, hunting, international sourcing, purchasing, sourcing, operations management, business operations, supply chain, international manufacturing