Expert in Insurance Product Management
Expert ID: 738909 Netherlands
An experienced Insurance Product Manager who has been embedded in, and led development teams. Expert has operated in 20% growth year-on-year environments historically.
Customer Obsessed– Continuous Discovery model utilised to continuously interview customers, understanding what insurance they really need rather than just what’s already present in the market. Understanding the customer, and actioning and reducing any pain points, ultimately leads to products that are best in class.
Data driven decision maker– Extensive use of Looker data analytics platform to understand customer behaviour and deliver strategic change with measurable outcomes. Monthly delivery of recommendations to Insurers.
Proven Delivery – Since 2016, 18 successful product launches across 7 verticals. P&L responsibility for a budget that grew from £4m to £11m in 5 years.
Subject Matter Expert– Seen as industry leading voice “In Focus: Risk Management and Legal Expenses (Insurance Age, 25th November 2016). If Expert has responsibility for a product, he will be an SME for it. Passionate about insurance.
Adaptability - Trusted by senior management to lead 3 significant six month development projects as project lead alongside role as Ancillaries Product Manager.
Cross functional- Key senior stakeholder management skills across the whole business, CEO and CCO most recent project sponsors.
Expert has worked in Insurance for the last 12 years.
Expert has worked across the London Market, Commercial and Retail insurance.
Expert has worked in:
- BPO (2 years)
- At a Broker (8 years)
- At a Price Comparison Website (3 month contract, offered permanent at completion)
- At an Insurtech Insurer (1 year)
Expert can provide extensive knowledge of the whole insurance lifecycle having worked across all areas.
|Year: 2011||Degree: BA||Subject: International History and International Politics||Institution: University of Sheffield|
|Years: 2022 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Insurance Product Manager||Department: Insurance Product|
Responsibilities:- Responsibility for The UK and The Netherlands
- Was a key contributor for the successful UK launch
- Market Assessment, Product Development, Regulatory Submissions, - Partnership Assessments
- Ensuring profitability of insurance product
- Bringing new products to market
- Understanding both the UK and the Dutch insurance market and needs of the customer.
- Cross functional insurance teams
|Years: 2021 to 2022||Employer: Compare The Market||Title: Consultant||Department: Strategy|
Responsibilities:- Hired as a consultant by the Chief Growth Officer to work directly on Strategy for the UK SME market.
- Goal was to deliver a view on potential routes to market.
- Offered permanent role upon completion of contract.
|Years: 2014 to 2021||Employer: Simply Business||Title: Senior Product Manager||Department: Insurance Product|
Responsibilities:- Responsibility for creating £1m annualized revenue without any additional cost, incorporating 2 new product launches per annum.
- Launches: Not For Profit (October 2019); Excess Protection (October 2020); Hospitalisation Cash Plan (December 2020); Health Insurance (February 2021).
- Excess Protection (>£1m expected revenue 2021), Hospitalisation Cash Plan (£450k expected revenue 2021).
- 3 years fully embedded in Agile software development team, leading and attending weekly ceremonies. Created a role whereby I was a hybrid of Insurance Product manager and Digital Product Manager.
● Internally working directly with: Engineering; Customer Insight; UX; Design; Claims; Insight Analysts; Marketing; Finance and Pricing to deliver the best product for the customer. Developed asynchronous ways of working as teams were split between UK, US and other European hubs.
- Use of Figma, Miro, Jira and Trello were all key in aiding to deliver against product roadmaps and OKRs.
- Developed process by which products could be launched, reducing delivery of demand testing from 3 months to 48 hours. Introduced strong A/B testing frameworks to establish suitability of new products into existing markets, or whether a new market could be formed.
- Externally working with each insurer to ensure the products meet all requirements and deliver profitability
- Ongoing strategic review of SME and Landlord insurance markets, delivering quarterly recommendations on where product market fit could be achieved. Understanding trends in Commercial and Personal Lines and turning them into potential products.
|Years: 2012 to 2014||Employer: XChanging||Title: Product Manager||Department:|
Responsibilities:- Intermediary Services Product Manager within Insurance.
- Responsible for customer engagement; operational and pricing models; assisting within the sales cycle; ensuring service delivery; product strategy and innovation and owning and delivering a P&L.
- Drove savings within a customer through process efficiency alongside technology implementation for brokers and service companies within the London Insurance Market.
- Delivered a revised unilateral pricing model for Intermediary Services, moving away from ad hoc pricing.
- Spent a period in India working on a variety of projects for our offshore entity.
|Years: 2011 to 2012||Employer: Reed Elsevier||Title: Graduate Sales Executive||Department:|
Responsibilities:- Sales executive for Europe’s largest print and online publisher.
- Sole responsibility for recruitment advertising in Farmer’s Weekly.
- Advised clients on their recruitment advertising, enabling them to maximise their return on investment by utilising my knowledge of both our print and online platforms. Emphasis on year on year growth.
- Consistently beat targets including billing the highest ever revenue for a single month on Farmers Weekly jobs (www.fwi.co.uk/jobs) (February 2012).
|Licenses / Certifications|
|Training / Seminars|
|Teresa Torres, Continuous Discovery 12 week programme, (https://www.producttalk.org/)
Silicon Valley Product Group “best practice in product” course. Delivered by Christopher Jones.
Gallup Strengths Assessment Myers Briggs Strengths