Expert in Investment Banking and Financial Services
Expert ID: 736552 Minnesota, USA
- Over 35 years of experience in: investment banking, project financing and business finance consulting; M&A consulting and transactions; business development planning and consulting; due diligence and financial analysis.
- Served as senior investment banker or senior financial advisor, and project manager, on over 250 financing projects, for more than $2.5 B in par amount.
- Adjunct Professor for 16 years, teaching graduate MBA/MAPA level courses in Finance.
- Served as expert witness on 41 cases to date, in litigation on financial matters.
- High level of computer literacy and competence, including development of data analytical models, financial/ credit analyses, use of data base and graphics programs, and internet-based research; trained and managed analysts; experienced project manager; strong communications skills; speaker at conferences and seminars; experienced traveler in the US and Europe.
|Year: 2014||Degree: Doctorate of Business Administration||Subject: International Business and Finance||Institution: Argosy University|
|Year: 1982||Degree: MBA||Subject: Finance||Institution: University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Management|
|Year: 1979||Degree: MAPA||Subject: Urban Planning and Public Administration||Institution: University of Minnesota, Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs|
|Year: 1975||Degree: BA||Subject: History/ Political Science||Institution: Ohio State University|
|Years: 2001 to Present||Employer: Undisclosed||Title: Managing Principal||Department:||Responsibilities: Director of Project Teams; providing business finance consulting services, including financial analysis, M&A transactions and capital raising; interim CFO assignments
- Providing business finance consulting services for privately held technology and manufacturing companies; responsible for management of Project Team and for business development; providing corporate, project, and municipal financing services to corporations, local governments, and developers, including capital raising and M&A transactions; managing project teams.
- Providing expert witness and damages consulting services in litigation on financial matters; testified on 41 cases to date.
|Years: 1998 to 2000||Employer: Miller & Schroeder Financial||Title: Senior Vice President, and Principal||Department: Capital Markets||Responsibilities: - Senior banker responsible for investment banking, specializing in project and corporate financing, and in structuring and placing unrated debt; financial analyst; consultant on business development and M&A; responsible for over fifteen financings, for total par of over $300 million.
- Responsible for own marketing, project team management, fixed-income financial analyses, and deal management; managed satellite office; responsible for training analysts and junior bankers; developed training curriculum; responsible for development of software and analytical procedures; developed credit procedures.
|Years: 1985 to 1998||Employer: Dain Rauscher||Title: Managing Director||Department: Capital Markets||Responsibilities: - Senior managing investment banker on fixed-income financings for governmental and corporate projects; consultant on project financing, business development, and M&A; financial analyst.
- Did own market development, including creating market presence in two new states; generated over 150 financings (over $1.4 billion par); interim manager of two regional offices; developed and implemented new financing products and ideas.
- Conducted financial analyses, including developing analytical software and techniques; responsible for software development and maintenance.
- Managed and trained Project Teams; developed training curriculum on fixed-income for broker training classes (“Bonds 101”).
|Years: 1982 to 1985||Employer: Evensen-Dodge Consultants||Title: Senior FInancial Analysis; Asst. Vice President||Department:||Responsibilities: - Financial consultant on fixed-income municipal and project financings; developed and implemented conversion from timesharing system to in-house desktop computer system for financial analysis, including development of software and analytical procedures; responsible for marketing, and for training junior analysts.|
|Years: 1978 to 1982||Agency: City of Saint Paul, Department of Planning and Economic Development||Role: Senior Planner||Description: Responsible for economic development, working with financial institutions and developers|
|Years: 1994 to 2000||Agency: City of Golden Valley||Role: Planning Commissioner, Chair of Planning Commission||Description: Responsible for managing planning commission review|
|Years||Country / Region||Summary|
|Years: 2005 to Present||Country / Region: Germany||Summary: Financial consulting projects|
|Associations / Societies|
|Alliance of Mergers & Acquisition Advisors
Turnaround Management Association
Association for Corporate Growth
|Licenses / Certifications|
|Series 7, 79, 63, 28
Real Estate License (Minnesota)
Certified M&A Advisor (AM&AA)
|Former Chairman of Planning Commission for City of Golden Valley; Founder and Co-chair, Golden Valley Community Events Fund.
Board Director for:
German-American Chamber of Commerce, Enova Illumination, and Moto-I; formerly Board Director of Carlson Alumni Association.
|Publications and Patents Summary|
|Expert Witness Experience|
|Served in 41 cases to date, nationwide, including five jury trials and two administrative hearings.|
|Training / Seminars|
- Associate Professor: Saint Mary’s University; Teaching MBA and MAPA level courses in Corporate Finance, International Finance, Financial Institutions, and Government Finance. Teaching on-line as well as on-campus. Developed new curriculum for courses in Government Finance for MA in Public Administration program and in Corporate Finance for MBA program; converted on-campus course in International Finance into on-line course; developed new curriculum in Investment Banking/M&A. Serving on two doctoral dissertation committees. Member, Faculty Advisory Council; participated in Teaching Fellowship Program.
- Associate Professor: Carlson School of Management (University of Minnesota); Taught MBA level courses in Corporate Finance and International Finance.
- Adjunct Professor: Augsburg University, Minneapolis; Taught MBA level courses in Corporate Finance and Entrepreneurial Finance; on-campus.
- Adjunct Professor: Argosy University, Minneapolis; Taught MBA level courses in Corporate Finance and Managerial Accounting; on-campus.
- Adjunct Professor: Metro State University, Minneapolis; Taught BA and MBA level courses in Corporate Finance, Managerial Accounting, and International Finance; on-campus.
- Guest Lecturer at: Wright State University; St. Thomas University; Bemidji State University.
|Responsible for marketing in all of his professional jobs, marketing both services and those of his employer. In many cases in markets new to Expert's company.|
|Other Relevant Experience|
|Veteran, served as Intelligence Analyst|